Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 02:36 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Would someone pleading for their life say 'help' ? Isn't don't shoot or nono, something like that the more pleading yell or to your ears, whine.

I wouldn't call the beating 'severe.' Others might. Injuries which unless he inflicted them himself as some believe, might have become severe.
"Don't shoot!" Would seem to be what we would expect from someone with a guy pointed at them. "Help!" Would be something we would expect when getting beaten up, or if you know someone is coming after you to beat you up.

I don't know the truth.

I do know Zimmerman was beaten, and someone called for help, and Trayvon was shot.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I still see no evidence that will convince a rational jury to find Zimmerman guilty. Corey needs a smackdown. There are at least two people serving a mandatory 20 years for an action that does not deserve two thanks to her.
How about the fact that Zimmerman was outside his car, stalking a lone, unarmed Teen accosted in the vicinity of his residence while he was walking home from the store. This is something that happens thousands of times a day all over America. To not find Zimmerman leaves all these kids coming home at risk for any other nutcase w/ a weapon. WE know this because Zimmerman called 911 himself, and was told to stop following. He already had been told he couldn't carry weapons while on duty. SYG my butt....Zimmerman wasn't on any ground he owns....He wasn't protecting property he owns.
I believe Trayvon Martin was trying to stand his ground after being AT THE VERY LEAST verbally accosted by an armed stranger that has been following him for several blocks. We may never know what Zimmerman said or did to Trayvon to cause Trayvon to try to get Zimmerman to leave him alone. Put this is proper perspective you haters. You or your kid could be the next innocent person facing down an armed nut case on your own block.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Default Fyi

New video, audio, and transcripts released by O'Mara.

Home

Here's an article with some of the material--- gz's renactment of the night, his 1st written statement to cops, interview with Serino.

George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin threatened my life - CNN.com

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
The lack of assault injuries to Trayvon, the injuries to Zimmerman, most of his account seems to be accurate. So I dont know how any non-biased jury can convict him. There is not enough evidence to show this man set out to murder anyone and the self defense is indeed there.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
The lack of assault injuries to Trayvon, the injuries to Zimmerman, most of his account seems to be accurate. So I dont know how any non-biased jury can convict him. There is not enough evidence to show this man set out to murder anyone and the self defense is indeed there.
It depends....there are some pretty stupid juries seated these days. How else do you explain Casey Anthony and OJ being free? Though this really supports your idea...in those cases, in spite of overwhelming evidence of guilt, the juries let them off. In this case, where there is much more evidence supporting a SD claim, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" looks like a real stretch.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

We don't know of all of the evidence. Some of it has been released, not all. Furthermore, the defense evidence still only consists of Zimmerman's word and as a known liar, his word is questionable. I will never believe that Trayvon Martin went into a violent rage, hid in the bushes, attacked Zimmerman and told him he was "going to die tonight". Nor will I believe that Zimmerman was walking back to his car when the altercation started. Trayvon Martin was on the phone. Why would he stay on the phone while hiding in the bushes and jumping out and assaulting someone? Clearly the investigator questioned Zimmerman's account as well. There will be more evidence coming out and evidence that the jury will hear first. It will be up to the jury. If the jury convicts, it doesn't mean they have to be biased.

Last edited by Factsplease; 06-21-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
[quote=justNancy;24827639]I always thought that was strange. When did GZ get the chance to scream? Was that before or after TM covered his nose and mouth? Why aren't there bite marks on TM hands? Didn't GZ get the chance to throw a single punch during this struggle? He had at least 50 pounds on him, but he was totally helpless.

That is an interesting point, how can a grown man fighting a kid not get in at least one good punch considering the battering zimmerman supposely took? Hell, I have seen the results of woman under 100lbs get a lick or two in before getting beatup by men twice their size

Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It depends....there are some pretty stupid juries seated these days. How else do you explain Casey Anthony and OJ being free? Though this really supports your idea...in those cases, in spite of overwhelming evidence of guilt, the juries let them off. In this case, where there is much more evidence supporting a SD claim, "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" looks like a real stretch.
No chance of a not guilty verdict imo. Besides the political and social pressure, what are odds the jury won't have jurors with the same oddball questions we see here. At best for gz, a mistrial.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:17 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
"Don't shoot!" Would seem to be what we would expect from someone with a guy pointed at them. "Help!" Would be something we would expect when getting beaten up, or if you know someone is coming after you to beat you up.

I don't know the truth.

I do know Zimmerman was beaten, and someone called for help, and Trayvon was shot.
I think somebody would say "don't shoot" only if the gun was drawn while approaching somebody and not during a struggle for the gun.

It is perfectly logical that somebody would yell help while struggling for the gun.

That being said, Zimmerman's story could be plausible. However an equally likely story here is that if in fact Martin attacked Zimmerman first it was because he saw that he had a gun or Zimmerman looked like he was going to pull his gun (maybe not to shoot Martin, but to detain him).

Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
New video, audio, and transcripts released by O'Mara.

[url=http://gzlegalcase.com/]Home[/url]

Here's an article with some of the material--- gz's renactment of the night, his 1st written statement to cops, interview with Serino.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=ju_c1]George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin threatened my life - CNN.com[/url]
Did you see the photos of Zimmerman? It says that they were taken the day after the shooting. Here's another one - same day, same place, different angle. When the video in the police station didn't show serious injuries, so many here claimed it takes 24 hours for a broken nose to swell or bruises to discolor. We also read that he showed up the next day with his head wrapped in bandages.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us/documents-tell-zimmermans-side-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all[/url]

"A video showing an unidentified investigator watching George Zimmerman re-enact the scuffle with Trayvon Martin the day after the shooting. Mr. Zimmerman's defense team released the video through a Web site, gzlegalcase.com."

Where are his bandages? Where is the broken nose? I just watched the video you posted. There is a tiny band-aid on his nose. Definitely not a llife-threatening injury. He doesn't look very skinny to me either. Strange how he no longer has a shaved head and facial hair now.

Edit: Just want to add that this video gives me even more reason to believe he was stalking Trayvon Martin. It's a cul-de-sac! Martin was trapped! George Zimmerman followed him all the way to the end of the street. He saw him heading toward the home where he was staying, but continued to pursue him. He's lying. The video contradicts what he said on the 911 tape. He DID NOT tell the police dispatcher to tell an officer to meet him at the clubhouse. He said to have an officer call him when he arrived at the gate and he would tell him where he was located. He also WAS NOT asked by the police dispatcher if he still needed a patrol car IIRC. He said during the bond hearing that he didn't know the victim was so young. His statements keep changing. I listened to the entire 911 call when it was posted on the Sanford Police web site. He even made up things the day after the shooting and we can see/hear him on video.

How many times can his lawyer give the excuse "He was confused." Huh?

Last edited by justNancy; 06-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: correction: change "officer" to "dispatcher"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies