Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 AM

507 posts, read 1,538,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
To me all the speculation about what Trayvon Martin should have done is irrelevant since he is not the person on trial. He cannot be cross-examined.

By the way, in the transcripts of the calls between GZ and his wife released today, he talks about wearing his hoodie.

Sorry to laugh, but I think it's ironic, don't you?

Oh, I wonder what he meant by

"I know," he replies. "Um, my dad's really confident about everything. I don't know what was said in that meeting, but my dad seemed very, very confident."

What meeting?
Nancy, he laughed after he said it. He was mocking Trayvon Martin. Trayvon's hoodie was all over the news at that time.

On top of being a killer, George Zimmerman is a disgusting human being.

I can't wait until his long prison sentence is handed down.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Keep dreaming.

ONE person who happens to work for the FBI couldn't determine, that doesn't mean other experts using different methods are unable to make a determination. The experts on the state's witness list have both been accepted by the courts as experts and testified many times in court. There are TWO of them.

Trayvon's MOTHER, the woman he lived with and the one who raised him said she was CERTAIN the cries came from Trayvon. When she breaks down on the stand as the prosecutor plays the 911 call and asks for her opinion, you can bet it will resonate with every mother on that jury. Let's make that every single person on the jury.

Maybe you should also try using common sense. Who is more likely to be the one screaming, the 28 year old with a semi-automatic, or the unarmed teenager? Oh, and the cries ended the second the shot was fired. It ain't that hard to figure out Sherlock.
Were Trayvons screams for help, before or after he neat the hell out of Martin?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Were Trayvons screams for help, before or after he neat the hell out of Martin?
Or after GZ pulled the gun?
GZ is douche bag with a capital D.
Martin was an wanna be and a bit stupid. Not a crime and not a reason to be shot.
Most of us who are not Walter Mitty, Clint Eastwood wanna be's would have called the police given a discription and been done with it.
Those of us who are combat vets and can actually defend ourselves well enough to talk about it might have simply asked Martin who he was and where he was headed if we found him to be suspicious.
If Martin became agressive the confident man would have put him in his place and that would have been the end of it.
In this case.
Martin ran in too a shadow of what a man should be. A scared little rodent wanna be who had a gun.
GZ is an idiot and has done more to put a black mark on gun owners than even the Columbine shootings.
I don't know that it was murder but if GZ gets the death penalty before he can procreate further its a win for the gene pool.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or after GZ pulled the gun?
When did Zimmerman pull out his gun? Was it before or after he was beaten by Martin?

Did Zimmerman pull out the gun, Martin screamed for "help", and then Martin beat the hell out of him, bashed his head on the ground.... and then Zimmerman shot him?

Or did Martin confront Zimmerman, and for whatever reason, started beating the hell out of Zimmerman, and then he pulled out the gun, Martin screamed for help, and then he was shot?

BTW, how long after the scream, before the gun fired? Was it "help" and then "BANG!" a second later?

Do we even have a recording of the gun shot?

I have not been following this very closely, so these are real questions.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The screaming for help lasted roughly 18 seconds. I'm just not seeing a scenario where gz would have let tm scream for help that long before shooting him. Add in that tm was shot from less than 4-feet away, maybe a few inches away, I'm sticking with gz yelled for help.
I have alway been confused as to why anyone with a gun would have a need to scream at all

And if it was zimmerman why would he stop screaming right after the gun was fired, would'nt he have kept screaming?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
[quote=Dale Cooper;24801372]I guess it's completely escaped you that he was mere feet from his father's girlfriend's apartment.

It did'nt escape me because he was not "mere feet from his father's girlfriend's apartment"

Old 06-19-2012, 10:02 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Keep dreaming.

ONE person who happens to work for the FBI couldn't determine, that doesn't mean other experts using different methods are unable to make a determination. The experts on the state's witness list have both been accepted by the courts as experts and testified many times in court. There are TWO of them.

Trayvon's MOTHER, the woman he lived with and the one who raised him said she was CERTAIN the cries came from Trayvon. When she breaks down on the stand as the prosecutor plays the 911 call and asks for her opinion, you can bet it will resonate with every mother on that jury. Let's make that every single person on the jury.

Maybe you should also try using common sense. Who is more likely to be the one screaming, the 28 year old with a semi-automatic, or the unarmed teenager? Oh, and the cries ended the second the shot was fired. It ain't that hard to figure out Sherlock.
I guess everything has to be an argument with some people.

Trayvon's FATHER said it was NOT his voice.

IF the guys on the state's witness list are called, I'll get a day's worth of chuckles as the FBI destroys the credibility of their so-called tests and expertise. Those turkeys never even tested tm's voice. Their never even seen tests could show it was a 3rd person yelling for help.

Common sense is gz wouldn't let tm scream for 18 seconds before shooting. You WANT the evidence to show tm knew gz had a gun. Doesn't yet, probably never will. Of course the yelling stopped when the shot was fired. gz was safe Watson.

The parents will face a few embarassing moments, but their tears will be icing on the cake. No jury will acquit gz, regardless of the evidence.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I have alway been confused as to why anyone with a gun would have a need to scream at all

And if it was zimmerman why would he stop screaming right after the gun was fired, would'nt he have kept screaming?
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

In other words, he screamed for help, and only used the gun as a last resort.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

It's like Zimmerman is an angel on earth, isn't it.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:

That's close to the story gz reportedly gave the cops. Proposing anything that resembles what gz claimed happened means you're a Zimmerman supporter, an NRA gun-nut, a hater, and last but not least, you believe Trayvon deserved to die. You're part of the dark 'side.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies