Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times

Advertisements

lol at people trying to pull out .01222 of black blood to make zimmerman black..

Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Because he was never "convicted" of a felony...his charges were lowered to a misdemeanor and "expunged" when he completed what was required...Sanford never covered anything up, his charges were in Orange County...Sanford's in Seminole County and you're right it's a very sad case...
Thanks.
In PBC FL resisting arrest is an automatic felony with jail time.

In that DV case on his prior I bet there would be info on how he got that charge reduced. Interesting.

He is an adult so "expunged" is NOT possible, or at least it shouldnt be....ever.
Records are only sealed or expunged for juveniles, or if the charges were completely dismissed, which was NOT the case for GZ.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks.

In that DV case on his prior I bet there would be info on how he got that charge reduced. Interesting.

He is an adult so "expunged" is NOT possible, or at least it shouldnt be....ever.
Records are only sealed or expunged for juveniles, or if the charges were completely dismissed, which was NOT the case for GZ.
The reason I quotation marked expunged was because I wasn't sure of the term, maybe reduced charges would have been the proper word or something along those lines

Here is the PDF link of his arrests information...

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_...t_redacted.pdf

Also, here is the link for the documents released so far...

Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts - Brevard and Seminole Counties Florida

The documents are not in any kind of order...

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Resisting arrest WITH violence against an officer.
Not sure many citizens with those charges should be allowed a firearm, and then given a job as neighborhood watchman....
wow.
will have to read rest tmrw . Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Not sure many citizens with those charges should be allowed a firearm, and then given a job as neighborhood watchman....
wow.
You're welcome, have a good night Make sure you read the details of the resisting arrest (not what everyone's been saying or what you may think)

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Thanks.

You are correct. They were closed, not expunged. You can go to the Orange County Clerk of Courts and see the charges. The arrests were in Orlando. The third degree felony charges were reduced with the agreement that he would take an anger management class. That's the reason he was able to get the gun permit.

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

I edited my post because it was much too long, listing the case number, etc., but the charges are listed [URL="http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx"]here[/URL]

Then click on "All Case Records Search" and enter his name. Click on the case number for additional information.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-27-2012 at 01:44 AM..

Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Quote:
I still dont understand how GZ was allowed to carry a gun with this prior record.
Has anyone posted any facts on this, other than that sanford covered it up?

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests | Rolling Out - Black News, Celebrity Videos, Entertainment, Business & Politics
The black news outlets tend to be making it more about a "white" man getting away with something so I avoid most links from those sources. The question should not involve race but it does. The question is simple.. did one person kill another person in the wrong and if so how will he be punished and if not will people accept the verdict and move on. Hopefully justice will prevail.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
lol at people trying to pull out .01222 of black blood to make zimmerman black..
I am trying to understand it. As stated that I have a "white" looking friend who says she is black due to black heritage. She doesn't have black features or black skin, maybe black hair but it is hard to tell because she wears it cose to her head. She seems to think as most do that any black blood makes you black...(think Obama)!?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
wow.
ITA mkes no sense why he woould have been issued a permit . In my state there are people who have charges in different counties and it is strange that sometimes they are not recognized in another county..even DUI's state to state where someone has multiple DUI's and is still driving because the charges are in various states but I do think things are improving with law enforcement tracking this kind of thing.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, let's get real about this. George Zimmerman is the one with a history of violence...assaulting a police officer, a domestic violence charge, having to take a court-mandated Anger Management course, losing a job for being overly aggressive. He starts following a 17 year-old kid walking home from the store, then demands to know what he's doing in the area. If he touched Trayvon Martin or pointed his weapon at him, or even demanded that Martin stay where he was, that kid had every right to defend himself as if his life depended on it...which it did. Every parent is right in telling their kids to fight like hell if someone comes after them, because there's no way of knowing exactly who that person is or what they want. Letting a stranger detain you is a good way to end up
raped or murdered. Any man who pulled that on me would get a fast knee to the groin; males fight. Killing someone who's trying to get away from you when you have no legal authority over them is not a crime? Nice one.
I guess we have to look at it from a 17yr olds point of view, a little different than an adult. At 17 I would have ran my azz off to get away, especially being so close to home. I wondered as an adult, would I have reacted differently. I guess it depends on how Z approached me. If he was polite and identified himself as CW captain, then I may have understood and conversed and explained myself. If he was rude and pushy, then the outcome may have been a little different, but I highly doubt there would be any physical confrontation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies