Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Unfortunately, many inconsistent statements look like not being truthful. The state seems to think they have evidence which shows the statements to be untrue.
And when a suspect gives multiple statements that are a perfect match, the state argues that the story sounds rehearsed, a sign of guilt. When they want to convict you, it's a heads they win, tails I lose game that nobody should play.

I don't know why the super-powerful retired magistrate dad didn't tell gz, 'You gave a statement, now shut up and get a lawyer.' Maybe he did, but gz ignored the advice.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 AM

96 posts, read 81,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If a six year old is stealing your pink flamingo from your front yard is he responsible for his own death if you shoot him? I mean he initiated the series of events.
How dumb is that?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:59 AM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
IMO, those two tiny cuts look like the sort of thing that pro wrestlers give themselves to make the show look better. There is no way that Zimmerman can prove that Martin was the one that caused those two scratches. It is entirely possible that Zimmerman scratched himself to go along with his cover story.
He does not have to prove it the state has to prove it was not Martin hello

Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,830 times
I read that Trayvon was an honor roll student. It's a crying shame to lose good educated people
over stupid hispanic/black racial tensions in Florida.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Well, #2 was Zimmerman's statement. Guess that would make it hard for him to scream for help, if Trayvon had both his hands over Zimmerman's mouth and nose, so maybe it was Trayvon screaming for help.

#1 was also a statement by Zimmerman which I guess is a contradiction from what he told his brother or what his brother understood?

Here is the testimony from the bail hearing:
//www.city-data.com/forum/24016140-post1162.html

There is a female witness who has stated that it was Trayvon Martin who was screaming for help; there may be more. This is the fifth thread on the incident, and it becomes difficult to remember which information came from what link. Regarding one of your earlier posts, no drugs or alcohol were found in Martin's body. It's interesting that some are so focused on
Zimmerman's right to defend himself, while ignoring the fact that Trayvon
Martin had the right to go to the store and return without being followed and questioned by anyone: He'd committed no crime nor was he in the process of committing one. Zimmerman had no legal authority to follow and confront Martin; in doing that he gave Martin the right to defend himself, as is stated in the SYG law. Also, it notes that one isn't covered under the law if one has caused the incident. Perhaps considering George Zimmerman's background...assault on a police officer, domestic violence and having lost a job for being too aggressive...it's Zimmerman who is the "thug" in this case. Also, one must consider that Zimmerman has perjured
himself twice, once in the bond hearing regarding Trayvon Martin's age, and again here:
[quoted from transcript]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

GILBREATH: Yes. [end quote]

These cast some doubt on Zimmerman's veracity. Being unemployed, it's possible that Zimmerman felt that being diligent would lead to a paid position. However, it's indisputable that if George Zimmerman had remained in his truck when first advised to by the dispatcher, Trayvon Martin would be alive. The police arrived one minute after the shooting: That minute became eternity for Trayvon Martin.
BTW, a big "Thank you!" to justNancy, tiluha and FancyFeast5000 for doing so much work to keep the rest of us informed.

Last edited by Evenstar51; 04-25-2012 at 07:34 AM..

Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 AM

96 posts, read 81,738 times
Quote:
Also part of the law is that Zimmerman had to exhaust every reasonable attempt to escape from the situation which was causing him such fear before using deadly force.

There was testimony in the bail hearing that Zimmerman made a statement that Trayvon put both his hands on his (Zim) mouth and nose, and it was at that point he was suddenly able to get free from Trayvon but Trayvon was grabbing for the gun, and that's when he shot him.

If, in fact, Trayvon had put both his hands on Zimmerman's nose and mouth, then I guess Zimmerman could not have been screaming help just prior to the gunshot. That makes it more likely that Trayvon was screaming "help."
If someone had their hands over my nose and mouth, my first reaction would be to bite them. Guess we will wait and see if TM had any bite marks on his hand.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
If someone had their hands over my nose and mouth, my first reaction would be to bite them. Guess we will wait and see if TM had any bite marks on his hand.
According to the Funeral Director who prepared Martin for burial, there were no marks on his hands at all...no bruises or scrapes, and nope, no bite marks.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There is a female witness who has stated that it was Trayvon Martin who was screaming for help; there may be more. This is the fifth thread on the incident, and it becomes difficult to remember which information came from what link. Regarding one of your earlier posts, no drugs or alcohol were found in Martin's body. It's interesting that some are so focused on
Zimmerman's right to defend himself, while ignoring the fact that Trayvon
Martin had the right to go to the store and return without being followed and questioned by anyone: He'd committed no crime nor was he in the process of committing one. Zimmerman had no legal authority to follow and confront Martin; in doing that he gave Martin the right to defend himself, as is stated in the SYG law. Also, it notes that one isn't covered under the law if one has caused the incident. Perhaps considering George Zimmerman's background...assault on a police officer, domestic violence and having lost a job for being too aggressive...it's Zimmerman who is the "thug" in this case. Also, one must consider that Zimmerman has perjured
himself twice, once in the bond hearing regarding Trayvon Martin's age, and again here:
[snip]
Your post is so full of assumptions, bias, legal and factual errors, I doubt you've absorbed the info offered by anyone.

To deal with one error--- "Also, it notes that one isn't covered under the SYG law if one has caused the incident." --- flat out wrong. You'll keep on saying it.

Your conclusion that gz perjured himself because a state investigator claims evidence contradicts his story is ... do tos prohibit me from saying dumb or stupid ?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
According to the Funeral Director who prepared Martin for burial, there were no marks on his hands at all...no bruises or scrapes, and nope, no bite marks.
You would think there would be, but it really doesn't prove anything.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Your post is so full of assumptions, bias, legal and factual errors, I doubt you've absorbed the info offered by anyone.

To deal with one error--- "Also, it notes that one isn't covered under the SYG law if one has caused the incident." --- flat out wrong. You'll keep on saying it.

Your conclusion that gz perjured himself because a state investigator claims evidence contradicts his story is ... do tos prohibit me from saying dumb or stupid ?
Just curious, can you cite the law which indicates that you can start a fight with someone and then kill them under SYG? I may have misunderstood that as well.

Zimmerman, according to the SA investigator, has made several different statements and Zimmerman has contradicted himself in those various statements. The investigator had access to Zimmerman's statements to police while doing his investigation for the State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies