Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Under cross he conformired what GZ's account of the night was accurate and they say they have no witnesses to disprove it.
No, not exactly. Re-read it. I read that the testified that they do have evidence which does not agree with what Zimmerman has said, and that Zimmerman has made inconsistent statements. I know what you're referring to and he is not saying what you think he is saying. Plus, the other investigator did not testify, and he may know things that the guy on the witness stand does not know. They each investigated different things. They each wrote part of the Probable Cause Affidavit, but not together in one room, and they passed it to each other to read, plus someone else typed it.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I just read the CNN partial transcript of the investigator's testimony from the bail hearing and he testified that Zimmerman gave inconsistent statements and that in one of them he (Zim) said that during the struggle that Trayvon put both hands over his nose and mouth and he couldn't breath. He said at that point he was suddenly able to scoot (I think) away from the cement and get away from Trayvon, but Trayvon was grabbing for the gun and that's when he shot him. The investigator also said that that scenario did not match the evidence they (the State) has.

From my reading of that partial transcript, the SA investigator did not say what many people took away from the testimony, and in fact made it clear that the State has much more evidence than they were revealing at that hearing. He did not bring any notes or investigative reports with him to the hearing, and he is NOT REQUIRED to do so, and he didn't remember a lot of stuff because he didn't have his info with him (other than the probable cause affidavit) to review. THAT IS TYPICAL. People do not have to take notes with them to the witness stand to testify.
See I missed or don't remember the part when the investigator talked about GZ's statement ...I can't wait until a copy of the video comes out, so I can take my time and review it...

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He was on his back being attacked, how do you propose one retreats while on your back with someone on top of you?
GZ should of at that point turned gopher and somehow dug his way under the cement his head was being hit against?
Rediculous, the state is in trouble trying to say it is reasonable he could have gotten out of that.
Retreating is not the only reasonable attempt to escape the circumstances.....you can use your mouth and talk or scream to the person attacking you that you mean no harm, that you are the neighborhood watch guy, that this is all a mistake.

According to Zimmerman's own statement he did manage to suddenly get free, scoot on the sidewalk and had the gun, which Trayvon was trying to grab. Zimmerman said that Trayvon put both of his hands on Zimmerman's mouth and nose, he couldn't breath, and that's when he was able to get suddenly free and shot Trayvon. See, that's why it's wise not to rush to judgement based on what you read in the media, and why it's important to listen very carefully to every single word of testimony which comes from the witness stand.

The State can put forth any theory they want at the trial, via witnesses and physical and documentary evidence, and then it will be up to a jury to decide whether or not it's ridiculous.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 PM

179 posts, read 156,763 times
Zimmerman, by all evidence we have, is the victim here.

I can't believe people here think it's okay to beat someone because they're watching you. Remind me never to walk through your area

Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
See I missed or don't remember the part when the investigator talked about GZ's statement ...I can't wait until a copy of the video comes out, so I can take my time and review it...
I'll send you a link to what I read. Some of the testimony is missing because CNN had to break away for commercials. Did you watch it on CNN?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
As has been repeated ad nauseum on here, you cannot guage the severity of a head wound by appearances. My friend almost died falling off a bike at low speed (skull fracture), and he looked visibly fine.

The relevance of the photos is not how badly he was or was not banged up. Although honestly it looks pretty brutal to me, and I've seen quite a few fights. The relevance is the injuries *completely* support his story of what happened, and support a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious injury. If a dude is on top of you hitting your head in the ground, you're one solid blow away from going from perfectly fine to lifelong diapers. This is indisputable.
I think your post contradicts itself. On the one hand, you're saying that we can't tell by looking at someone how serious his injuries are, but on the other hand, you're saying it's indisputable that Zimmerman was one blow away from living in diapers. However, if this is "indisputable" then why would a trained medical professional who deals with head injuries all the time, clean up Zimmerman's wounds and release him to the police without an X-ray or examination by an ER doctor? I understand that the police cannot force you to go to the hospital, but if Zimmerman was offered assistance and declined, he's a fool, especially if he's telling the truth. After all, X-rays and an exam by a doctor after the shooting would be evidence to support him!

Look, I understand how stressful it is to get a hospital bill. I've mentioned in several posts that I was hurt a couple of years ago. In fact, I posted on CD after my release. When the paramedics showed up I kept saying, "I just want to go home" and reached for my cell phone to call for a ride, but they got a stretcher and carried me to the ambulance. I couldn't even sit up, so I admit I didn't have much of a choice. However, the first thing I was asked is "did you hit your head?" I had a fractured pelvis and couldn't move, but I remember that was the first question. "Did you hit your head when you fell? Did you lose consciousness at any time?" Before putting a collar on my neck, he did a spinal check. In the ambulance I was checked for double vision, confusion, dizziness and amnesia. I guess that was to rule out any signs of a severe head injury. I was asked to count backwards, and when he asked "who is the President of the United States" and I answered, "tell me it's not Sarah Palin or I'll know I've gone to hell!" he laughed and said, "She's okay!"

BTW, I agree with you that it's not always possible to know if someone is seriously injured after getting his head hit on the ground. We've all read about athletes who die after a head trauma. But this is why I keep saying that, had he mentioned this to the paramedics on the scene AND he was bleeding, I don't understand why he wouldn't go to the hospital! He was so badly injured that he thought he was going to die, had the presence of mind to have photos taken of his bleeding head and tell a neighbor to call his wife, but 5 minutes earlier, he was seconds away from brain death. I'm not saying he's lying, but it doesn't sound very rational.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'll send you a link to what I read. Some of the testimony is missing because CNN had to break away for commercials. Did you watch it on CNN?
Thank you....I live local, so it was on the local station which did not break for commercials, but I was interrupted numerous times... The local station will run all the hearings live and unedited which is very cool...

Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

I was asked to count backwards, and when he asked "who is the President of the United States" and I answered, "tell me it's not Sarah Palin or I'll know I've gone to hell!" he laughed and said, "She's okay!"
Sounds like the paramedic is the one who needed his head examined.

(Glad you're ok, though.)

Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Sounds like the paramedic is the one who needed his head examined.

(Glad you're ok, though.)
Thanks! He meant "She's okay" referring to me.

I do understand what others are saying in Zimmerman's defense. However, it's not very smart to go home without an exam, especially if you might need evidence to back up your story that you killed someone in self defense. Maybe he was in shock.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-24-2012 at 11:22 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 PM

Here is a portion of the CNN transcript which I find very interesting. Quite clearly the investigator is saying that they have evidence, including Zimmerman's inconsistent statements, which contradicts Zimmerman's version of what happened.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And he gave -- he the defendant gave numerous interviews to the police did he not.

GILBREATH: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he also not state that at some point, he the defendant -- did he not state or claim that the victim in this case, Mr. Martin, put both hands one over his mouth and one over his nose so that he couldn't breathe?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And all of sudden that's when he was able to get free and grab the gun. Or I'm sorry, Martin was grabbing for the gun, did he not claim that too at some point. climb that?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But -- and I'm going to get into every little contradiction but wouldn't you agree that a lot of his statements can be contradicted by the evidence either witnesses or just based on what he says himself?

COSTELLO: All right. We're going to have to jump away. We'll be back just as soon as we can. We apologize again. We'll be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

COSTELLO: Back live to the bond hearing in Sanford, Florida. Mark O'Mara, who is George Zimmerman's attorney is doing another redirect of the state's attorney investigator. They're talking about what injuries George Zimmerman had to his head that night. Let's listen.

GILBREATH: Managed to scoot away from the concrete sidewalk and that is at that point is when the shooting subsequently followed. That is not consistent with the evidence we found.

(my emphasis added ^^^)

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: emphasis added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies