Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This was taken by a witness at the scene FYI

Are you one of those who believe in tinfoil hats too?
BS, no witness saw how the fight started or everything that happened before or after the shooting. It was taken approximately three minutes after Zimmerman had already killed Martin. Like I said, IMO those two little cuts look like they were done with a fingernail or something similar.

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well then you run the risk of getting harmed or worse. VIolence should be a last resort. If Zimmerman was literally a breath away I'd agree. Yet Zimmerman says to the dispatcher that Trayvon is walking towards him which would suggest a substantial distance between the two. Turning around to confront someone violently is not a good idea and wasn't so in this case.
The transcript I read seems as though Treyvon was coming towards him and then ran another way.

911 dispatcher: OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?
Zimmerman:
Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.
He’s running. [2:08]
911 dispatcher:
He’s running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman:
Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood. [2:14]
911 dispatcher:
OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?
Zimmerman:
The back entrance.

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This was taken by a witness at the scene FYI

Are you one of those who believe in tinfoil hats too?
Basically. Folks are grasping at anything. The prosecution is making their case, but I think Zimmerman's evidence is enough to substantiate that a physical fight did occur where he was on the bottom, just as the witness attested to seeing.

if anyone recalls, prior to this with the release of Zmmerman entering the police station--EVERYONE doubted that there was ever any physical contact to begin with. People were saying things like "where's the blood?" "WHy sin't his shirt bloodied up" "Where's the blood on his head" "He looks cleaner than a new born" etc etc

Now folks are saying "oh, those two little scratches? How do we know that he didn't put them there etc etc"

Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
See this is what I mean by arguing based on emotion. What facts that have been released to the public lead you to believe Zimmerman detained Trayvon in any fashion?
That's why I said for all we know because we including you don't know.

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Once again...if sweet little Trey was so scared of big, bad Georgie...why didn't he simply walk into his house and close the door? He was within a very few feet of his doorway, for a period of several minutes. Why did he turn around, go back and confront Zimmerman?
Exactly!! I don't think he was scared of anything.

Even so if he turned to confront Zimmerman a simple "Hey man you gotta problem? Why you following me?". Zimmerman would have responded in some corny fashion, Trayvon would have mumbled something under his breath turned around and went home. Simple done everyone is happy. When you engage someone violently all bets are off anything can and does happen.

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Maybe, but "entirely possible" does not meet the burden of proof of "beyond a reasonable doubt."
It does to me. If I am on the jury, Zimmerman is the one that has to prove it was self defense. He already admitted to killing someone, he would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was justified or I would vote to convict.

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
That we will never know. For all I know Zimmerman could have prevented him from leaving. Zimmerman obviously thought Treyvon was up to no good and obviously Trevyon had the same feelings about him, but the only person correct was Trevyon.
So...how did Zimmerman "prevent him from leaving"? Zimmerman is standing, slightly over 200 feet away, and talking on the phone with 911 dispatch. For a period of minutes. While Martin is within a few feet of his door. Why didn't he simply walk inside?

What possible reason could Martin have for assaulting a man that obviously posed no threat to him? Was he simply angry and talked himself into assaulting a not-terribly-bright Hispanic man? Was he looking for some "street cred" by beating some "mexican"? I guess we'll never know. Thankfully Zimmerman had a means of defending himself.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:38 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
That's why I said for all we know because we including you don't know.
That's a cop out. There's enough out there to reach intelligent conclusions.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It does to me. If I am on the jury, Zimmerman is the one that has to prove it was self defense. He already admitted to killing someone, he would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was justified or I would vote to convict.
Then you would probably not be on the jury because you want to completely turn the justice system upside down.

What would be enough proof for you anyway? Should he have pulled out a camera and documented the blows in sequence shots? If he has these pictures and a medical report verifying a broken nose would that be sufficient or would you say that he had three minutes so it's entirely possible that he hit himself in the nose?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
He was not a few feet from his doorway.

He was a nice distance away.
The shooting of Trayvon Martin - Google Maps
According to news reports the shooting occurred 210 feet from his door. Zimmerman was ~250 feet from Martin's door for a period of several minutes (a good part of that on the phone with 911) during which time he was in no way detaining Martin. Martin was reportedly much closer to home than that, when Zimmerman lost sight of him. Again...why didn't Martin simply walk into the house he was staying at? Why did he feel the need to instigate a fight with Zimmerman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies