Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,235,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah...scrapes from a scuffle.....with lots of blood.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_g...0419_wmain.jpg

I'll believe my own eyes rather than your interpretation.
That is a lot of blood?!

Looks like he was thrown back and his head hit the edge of a sidewalk. I've seen nose bleeds with more blood.

Skin of the scalp bleeds when shaved too closely. Styptic pencil, anyone?

Because the scalp has many blood vessels close to the surface of the skin, a minor cut can take the appearance of a major wound.

Read more: How to Close a Wound on the Scalp | eHow.com How to Close a Wound on the Scalp | eHow.com

Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 PM

569 posts, read 672,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He wanted to tell the police where to find this person. So until Trayvon bolted he was keeping an eye out at a distance.
At the time of the 911 call Trayvon had already bolted and was gone.

You need to look up the definition of stalking, you are ridiculous.
Dude I know the definition of stalking.

What was Trayvon doing that seemed suspicious? Walking home. Seems the only dangerous person that night was George. Had he listened to the 911 operator and not followed him this would not be happening.

We won't know what happened until more evidence comes out. Of course the police in Sanford effed up because they didn't seem to secure the evidence that could be found on George's clothing/hands/feet.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,563,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If you would've watched the bond hearing you would've heard the attorney make mention of Zimmerman's medical records regarding his nose.
like the EMT wiped the blood off?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,790,528 times
As someone who lives less than 3 miles away from the scene. I'd like to point out of state people do not understand Florida's stand your ground laws.

The way it's written. If you and I get into a shouting match at a local Costco over parking spot. If you appear to lounge at me and look like you are even going to make a move at me. And I feel threaten. I can shoot you and claim self defense. It's true. That's how the law is interpreted in Florida. We've had a case where some guy was arguing over trash being placed in his yard by a neighbor. Argument broke out. One guy knocks on the door of the neighbor. Neighbor opens the door and shoots the other neighbor over trash. No criminal charges were filed.

We must respect the law in Florida as it stands. You might not agree with it but the law is what it here. Always remember in a criminal case if there is reasonable doubt there cannot be a conviction.

This is a very politically charged case. The Sanford PD messed up this entire case. I think if they held him for at least 24 hours without charging him officially. Secured the evidence. Than released him based on stand your ground than this case would not have made any news.

My take on the events. Zimmerman is a hot head. Followed kid. Lost the kid. Kid confronted Zimmerman. Argument broke out. Fight broke out. Kid is a lot bigger than Zimmerman. Kid starts pounding Zimmerman. Zimmerman shoots kid.

I think martins mom wants to believe its her sons voice on the audio tape. A grieving mother will want to believe anything so as long as it makes her pain go away. Martin's girlfriend on the phone broke off the call before the fatal encounter took place.

Two people know what happened on that night. One is dead and one is alive. No eye witnesses.

This is the real reason the original judge took herself off the case. She's in a catch 22 career suicide situation. She young. Just elected. If she dismisses the case by based in Stand your ground. She will have death threats. If case continues and Zimmerman is convicted. Appeals will be heard by court of appeals up to Florida Supreme Court who will overturn the verdict and fault the judge for trial errors and for not recognizing the stand your ground law.

Zimmerman was tuned down by a very prominent attorney in town. No one wants to deal with this case. I am surprised he found a respectable attorney If they win the case. They still end up getting death threats.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,294,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Dude I know the definition of stalking.

What was Trayvon doing that seemed suspicious? Walking home. Seems the only dangerous person that night was George. Had he listened to the 911 operator and not followed him this would not be happening.

We won't know what happened until more evidence comes out. Of course the police in Sanford effed up because they didn't seem to secure the evidence that could be found on George's clothing/hands/feet.
He had no home there, he was visiting one of his dad's girlfriends there. That was why George wondered why he was around there.
The operator has no authority and it seemed from 911 George saw Trayvon run off, if going back to his dad's girlfriend's place, why did he come back?
There was a lot of self evident stuff. Powder burns close up, George wet on his back, cut on his head, nose broken.
Witness saw George on the bottom of the scuffle.

The big testimony was that police backed up George's self defense and someone saw two unidentified shadows pass their place (they think).

Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
As someone who lives less than 3 miles away from the scene. I'd like to point out of state people do not understand Florida's stand your ground laws.

The way it's written. If you and I get into a shouting match at a local Costco over parking spot. If you appear to lounge at me and look like you are even going to make a move at me. And I feel threaten. I can shoot you and claim self defense. It's true. That's how the law is interpreted in Florida. We've had a case where some guy was arguing over trash being placed in his yard by a neighbor. Argument broke out. One guy knocks on the door of the neighbor. Neighbor opens the door and shoots the other neighbor over trash. No criminal charges were filed.

We must respect the law in Florida as it stands. You might not agree with it but the law is what it here. Always remember in a criminal case if there is reasonable doubt there cannot be a conviction.

This is a very politically charged case. The Sanford PD messed up this entire case. I think if they held him for at least 24 hours without charging him officially. Secured the evidence. Than released him based on stand your ground than this case would not have made any news.

My take on the events. Zimmerman is a hot head. Followed kid. Lost the kid. Kid confronted Zimmerman. Argument broke out. Fight broke out. Kid is a lot bigger than Zimmerman. Kid starts pounding Zimmerman. Zimmerman shoots kid.

I think martins mom wants to believe its her sons voice on the audio tape. A grieving mother will want to believe anything so as long as it makes her pain go away. Martin's girlfriend on the phone broke off the call before the fatal encounter took place.

Two people know what happened on that night. One is dead and one is alive. No eye witnesses.

This is the real reason the original judge took herself off the case. She's in a catch 22 career suicide situation. She young. Just elected. If she dismisses the case by based in Stand your ground. She will have death threats. If case continues and Zimmerman is convicted. Appeals will be heard by court of appeals up to Florida Supreme Court who will overturn the verdict and fault the judge for trial errors and for not recognizing the stand your ground law.

Zimmerman was tuned down by a very prominent attorney in town. No one wants to deal with this case. I am surprised he found a respectable attorney If they win the case. They still end up getting death threats.
But here, George was on his back and couldn't even retreat once Trayvon came back at him. Where could George go with Trayvon on top of him?
There was the witness John regarding Trayvon on top of George.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
But here, George was on his back and couldn't even retreat once Trayvon came back at him. Where could George go with Trayvon on top of him?
Huh? I said I thought Martin was pounding Zimmerman.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Huh? I said I thought Martin was pounding Zimmerman.
Yes, Zimmerman was on his back (hope I stated that right before). Point is he had no backup option to retreat.
He is solid on self defense even without the stand your ground laws IMO.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,449,439 times
Quote:

You can't just detain someone if you are not charging them. It's scary how quick folks are to throw away liberties, very scary.

If what you say is true than the case should be dropped. If the Constitution and laws of the land can be brought asunder by enraged Blacks then we have a bigger problem on our hands.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 PM

I think I know the prosecutions strategy. And it's going to be an extremely weak case if it even gets to a jury.

It's 50/50 the judge dismisses the case all together when the stand your ground defense hearing takes place.

The prosecution is going to use the motive "profiling". They will try to use "stalking". Along with "confronting Martin" and "not following the 911 orders".

That's about all they have. No one knows what happened with the fatal encounter. Even the lead investigator on the stand didn't know.

And the reason Zimmerman took the stand today is because he's going to have to testify anyways. You could tell all the legal commentators saying he shouldn't have done that he looked bad apologizing. The media is trying to just hype the case. On HLN with JVM. One of the commentators tried to interject how bad the lead investigator looked and JVM quickly tried to change the subject.

We all know where most of the media stands in this case. They want to further the race issue. And convict Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.