Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM

569 posts, read 671,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The fact that George called the police to come doesn't suggest he was out to get Trayvon. He was out to protect the property there.
Then he should have waited for the police to get there but he HAD to get out of his truck and then a kid is dead. A kid armed with the oh-so-dangerous ice tea and skittles. His claim that he was standing his ground, in my opinion, is false because he was going after Trayvon. Nothing will change my mind except hard evidence that Trayvon was stalking George and George felt threatened. Following some random kid because he (George) was playing cop does not give him license to kill.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah...scrapes from a scuffle.....with lots of blood.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_g...0419_wmain.jpg

I'll believe my own eyes rather than your interpretation.
Have you ever seen an actual serious injury that involves bleeding? This is not much blood at all, and certainly not an indication of any sort of threat to his life. Not that it conclusively proves that he had no reasonable fear, there could be other things to take into account, but this is certainly not the amount I would expect if he had two giant gashes on his head.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Did the police take photos?
I'd like to think so I guess we'll find out during the trial if there is one.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Then he should have waited for the police to get there but he HAD to get out of his truck and then a kid is dead. A kid armed with the oh-so-dangerous ice tea and skittles. His claim that he was standing his ground, in my opinion, is false because he was going after Trayvon. Nothing will change my mind except hard evidence that Trayvon was stalking George and George felt threatened. Following some random kid because he was playing cop does not give him license to kill.
He wanted to tell the police where to find this person. So until Trayvon bolted he was keeping an eye out at a distance.
At the time of the 911 call Trayvon had already bolted and was gone.

You need to look up the definition of stalking, you are ridiculous.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
That I think is the case here.

If lucky maybe the parents can put up their house against George showing and they don't have to be out the 15k.
Probably won't put up the house then their address would be known.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...just how many lies are going to be told about this case? It really seems to be falling apart.

Lie #1-"Zimmerman chased after Treyvon after being told not to by dispatch". Ah, no. Zimmerman is talking to dispatch after he says the suspect is running. Dispatch hears Zs ragged breathing and asks if he is following M. When asked if he is following M, he answers yes. When told "We don't need you to do that", Z answers "OK" and stops. You no longer hear the sounds of running footsteps and breathing goes back to normal. Zimmerman was never told not to follow before leaving is vehicle. "We don't need you to do that" is not an order not to follow anyway. Dispatchers are trained to give very specific instructions, such as "I need you to stop and go back to your vehicle". "We don't need you to do that" is CYA to protect dispatch from a potential lawsuit.

Lie #2-"Martin was running home to try to get away from Zimmerman." Yeah, right. At the time Zimmerman's 911 call started, Martin is about 300 feet from his doorway. 100 yards...17 year old football player. The 911 call lasts over 4 minutes, and the altercation starts some minutes afterward...a 17 YO football player can't "run" 100 yards in 4 minutes? Granny with a walker could do it in two. The last ~2 minutes of Zimmermans call happens about 200 feet from Martin's door...yet still he didn't simply walk inside. Zimmerman walks to the entrance of the development and waits several minutes for police (yeah, the police are there to protect ya all right). Finally when he turns and walks about 30 feet back towards his vehicle before encounterimg Martin. The location of the shooting supports this. Is anyone really simple minded enough to believe that M was trying to just get home, and that he didn't circle back and confront Zimmerman??? If so, I have a really nice bridge for sale...barely used even.

Lie #3-Martin is a sweet, good kid, on his way to a college education. Who just happens to be suspended from school, has a history of vandelizing property, drug possession and (presumably) stolen property (yeah, 17 year old boys just routinely carry women's jewelry around in their back packs). Oh, and he happens to have the sweet face of a 13 year old. None of which has any actual bearing on the case.

Lie #4-Zimmerman was a racist who was just out to murder a black kid. A racist who just happens to have a good number of black friends, support of black neighbors and a history of helping black people.

Lie #5-Zimmerman was uninjured when he shot M in cold blood. Pics say enough. We have no proof who started either the verbal or physical confrontation...that is for the evidence to show and the jury to decide. We also don't know if Zimmerman had reason to suspect that Martin would kill him. But saying that there was no altercation and that Zimmerman was uninjured....is just ignorant.

How many more lies will be told? How much more will the media vultures try to create divisiveness and create racial tension where there should be none? How many more profitiers will come out of the woodwork and try to stir up mobs?

How many more posters will ignore the facts????
except these are the facts as told by Zimmerman. The other guy can't tell his side of the story.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 PM

569 posts, read 671,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
I suppose you need a diagnosis from a doctor that your wounds are life threatening before you can defend yourself. Of course, it is hard to remember that as you keep hearing that loud, echoing poing poing poing of your head hitting the pavement.

Get a grip.
YOU get a grip. Heard of Natasha Richardson? Head injury that didn't SEEM serious and then she is dead.

If someone bashed my head to the ground so hard that my brother claimed I was close to being killed or severely incapacitated to the point of being diaper clad, yeah, a hospital visit would be necessary prior to going to the jail. The PD would have opened themselves up to a major lawsuit for not getting him medical attention. Apparently the EMT's didn't think he needed to go to the hospital which is why they canceled the second ambulance. This says his injuries were NOT serious.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Have you ever seen an actual serious injury that involves bleeding? This is not much blood at all, and certainly not an indication of any sort of threat to his life. Not that it conclusively proves that he had no reasonable fear, there could be other things to take into account, but this is certainly not the amount I would expect if he had two giant gashes on his head.
There was a broken nose and supposedly a head being bashed against the ground.
I don't know what was spoken about during that, but I don't think George could afford to pass out and trust the Martin teen.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Wow this thread is sad,stupid and pathetic. If this any indication of how humanity really thinks behind closed doors, we are all doomed.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Probably won't put up the house then their address would be known.
Do it with the address of the lawyer as contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies