Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Quote: Police dispatcher, ''Are you following him?'' (Martin)

Zimmerman's reply, ''Yes.''

Dispatcher, ''You don't need to do that.''

Zimmerman, ''uh, OK.''

But, he didn't stop. - Case open and shut. Case Closed.

Yeah, I'm an expert.
Dispatcher: ''You don't need to do that.''

quality guy: "He was told to stop Stalking Martin"

Like I said two completely different statements...

Case NOT open, shut and closed...

You must work for a "news" organization they are full of "experts"

Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
When this story first broke (I live locally) the image/story that was portrayed by the news media was that a "older" RACIST WHITE MAN yelling racial slurs weighing 260lbs gunned down a 17 year old black kid that was the size of a 12 year old carrying a bag of skittles and ice tea.

I was outraged! And incredibly saddened for TM's family...

For weeks this story ran, until slowly the truth emerged because people began to speak up...

Now what we have here is a 6' 160lb athletic 17 year old young man in a struggle/physical confrontation with a 5'8" 185lb 28 year old young man (who was referred to as a "WHITE HISPANIC" for awhile by the media in an attempt to justify their mistaken description IMO, they've since drop that description) one ended up with injuries and sadly the other is dead.

The media also had "voice experts" listen to the screams on the 911 call who stated (w/o ever hearing TM's voice) that it was highly likely it was Trayvon screaming, despite the eyewitness testimony. Then we had a CNN "expert" in "tape analysis'"who insisted that GZ said the word F***ing C**ns, turns out he said F****ing Punks (which is what is in the Probable Cause Affidavit on page 2) Never did he utter a "racial slur"...

I have not taken a side in this truly tragic case (except briefly in the beginning when I (for one naive second) believed what the news media spewed out...

I was pissed and disgusted at the news media for the untruths that they fed the public...

GZ is not the RACIST OLDER WHITE MAN the public was led to believe and TM was (may he rest in peace) not the size of a 12 year old, neither young men are squeaky clean...

Angela Corey's political posturing and proselytizing looks like it might bite her in the rear end...

I am incredibly saddened for Trayvon Martin's family.

My thoughts, sympathy and prayers go out to both families...

I will reserve judgement until ALL evidence is presented in court, if it makes it to a jury...

TY
reasonable post especially the last sentence.
JMO but GZ is guilty of not listening to and following the directives of the 911 operator telling him not to persue. I distrust the media more than ever though for depicting him as a daunting 250-260lb racist. Obviously his prior involvment with the black community proves otherwise. I do wonder knowing that testosterone is at an all time high in 17yo boys if Trayvon did attack GZ for being in his space. In a hoodie or baggy pants (making him look bigger)and being 4-5 inches taller than GZ may have made GZ feel the need to a defensive regrettable action. I hate guns, don't own one, don't want one in my house however I support the right to bear arms if registered (unlike street criminals) Guns are out there and in more bad hands than good so regulation is my issue not owning a gun. I also tend to believe there was a struggle of some sort , maybe Trayvon reacting to being shadowed and then GZ (with a gun) using what he had to defend. Wonder how it would have ended had no gun been in his possession. Would GZ then have been further injured? Never will know. I do think the media loves ratings and whatever drives them so supporting Trayvon for ratings now they may switch to supporting GZ. Ratings will sky rocket and they know it. It bothers me that they posted pics of Trayvon as a 12 yo ..GZ was also 12. Both were most likely innocent looking at that age. Both seem to have had their fair share of trouble making. Another thing ..I have googled Trayvon Martin's high school honor rolls. He was never listed? Is the school racist or was that hype? Truancy usually doesn't go hand in hand with honor roll students as missing AP and honors classes can put one behind the power curve. So much misinformation out there with this case. Also his head cuts. They don't look deep enough to produce profuse bleeding. I am an RN and have cleaned up my fair share of head wounds. Some don't profusely bleed. I am more interested in hearing proof his nose was broken. His head injuries could have happened when he lost his balance in the confrontation falling back onto the street , possibly no head banging from Trayvon. This was a tragedy..no doubt.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iblinked182times View Post
Yeah. He looks like the typical sociopath.
Comments like that are as useless as saying Trayvon looks like the average teenage thug.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Domestic violence and assaulting a police officer are NON-VIOLENT offenses?
^^^In this context yes, however, it depends on the case...

OJ to Nicole Brown Simpson, YES, GZ placing his former girl on a couch/bed to calm her down, NO.

GZ pushed a person that did not identify himself as a state alcohol LEO to defend his friend. The 'push' is technically an assault but in GZs case the LEO was not injured and the charge was dropped to a misdemeanor, GZ had to attend an anger mgmt. class, thus not serious and/or an act of violence.

If GZ was a violent offender there is no way/no how, he would not be out on bond, the judge made that clear at the hearing yesterday and his voice is the one that counts.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post

OJ to Nicole Brown Simpson, YES, GZ placing his former girl on a couch/bed to calm her down, NO.

GZ pushed a person that did not identify himself as a state alcohol LEO to defend his friend. The 'push' is technically an assault but in GZs case the LEO was not injured and the charge was dropped to a misdemeanor, GZ had to attend an anger mgmt. class, thus not serious and/or an act of violence.

If GZ was a violent offender there is no way/no how, he would not be out on bond, the judge made that clear at the hearing yesterday and his voice is the one that counts.
Judge Jennine said @Today show, he should not have received bail. And bail should have been much higher. These Florida judges are CYA'ing for the incompetence of Sanford PD. If tried in Florida, GZ probably walks.

But, he probably won't like being free, very long. Sharpton, Jackson and company will haunt him. - Like the old Midas muffler commercial said, ''You can pay me now...or pay me later.''

Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I am more interested in hearing proof his nose was broken. His head injuries could have happened when he lost his balance in the confrontation falling back onto the street , possibly no head banging from Trayvon. This was a tragedy..no doubt.
Thanks goodgal, actually GZ's lawyer did have the medical report in court yesterday, his nose was broken/fractured...of course it's not in the news media's best interest to replay this clip from the hearing over and over again ...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,285 times
I had one problem with GZs testimony yesterday. GZ stated, "I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am", well this is not true, in the 911 call he is heard saying to the dispatcher that TM was in his late teens and made reference to him a a kid.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post

You were there at both these incidents? "Placing" former girlfriend on couch? Gimme a break! She got a restraining order against him (and he against her). I doubt if he gently picked her up and "placed" her on the couch.

In regards to the police officer incident, that's the legal system for ya! Go to "anger management" and get the charges dropped! He did what he did!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Judge Jennine said @Today show, he should not have received bail. And bail should have been much higher. These Florida judges are CYA'ing for the incompetence of Sanford PD. If tried in Florida, GZ probably walks.
And you fell for that...hmm...interesting...doesn't she have 2 shows on TV...

Quote:
But, he probably won't like being free, very long. Sharpton, Jackson and company will haunt him. - Like the old Midas muffler commercial said, ''You can pay me now...or pay me later.''
Disgusting...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:38 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Not just severe but a "bloody pulp"!
The artifacts of which would have probably been not just evident but pronounced and glaring for more than a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies