Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Indeed...they ignore evidence and Florida laws in order to defend someone with a history of violence, the lack of personal responsibility to hold a job and who has lied twice at the bail hearing. That's downright pathetic. Zimmerman is all that they would normally despise, yet they're desperate to make a 17 year-old kid into a massive brute..how asinine.
Indeed. Because don'cha know all Black males are gangbangers, thugs and criminals at birth.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Indeed. Because don'cha know all Black males are gangbangers, thugs and criminals at birth.
None of the black males I work with and share a beer with are. Why don't you stick to arguing the facts of the case instead of making a joke out of the term racism?

How did Zimmerman get them head wounds?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You think you KNOW what Trayvon was thinking? How do you do that? Are you 17 years old and have the same life circumstances as Trayvon?
I can make intelligent guesses. Its very obvious that he wasnt scared & didnt run away. People need to stop blindly defending people just because it suits their agenda if it was the way they wanted it to be. In real life if it quacks like a duck & swims like a duck, most times its a duck.
In this case, as I see it, we need to weigh the word of a person involved in the community, in a stable relationship, able to prove his moral standing well enough to obtain a permit to carry pistols, against the word of a teenage drug users supporters who wrent even there & his divorced parents. Parents who didnt even care enough about his suspension for drugs in school to watch him while under suspension. Mommy dumped him at daddy's & daddy went out & left him alone.
Race has nothing to do with reaching the sensible conclusions I have reached. Common sense and life experiences tell me that chances are this young man made a tragic mistake & Zimmerman is being hung out to dry because its not politically correct to admit the obvious reality of what went on.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You mean Zimmerman!
No, I meant Martin. Thought I made that clear.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Sad that they didn't do any test on Zimmerman.
Obviously, they could tell he was sober.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I can make intelligent guesses. Its very obvious that he wasnt scared & didnt run away. People need to stop blindly defending people just because it suits their agenda if it was the way they wanted it to be. In real life if it quacks like a duck & swims like a duck, most times its a duck.
In this case, as I see it, we need to weigh the word of a person involved in the community, in a stable relationship, able to prove his moral standing well enough to obtain a permit to carry pistols, against the word of a teenage drug users supporters who wrent even there & his divorced parents. Parents who didnt even care enough about his suspension for drugs in school to watch him while under suspension. Mommy dumped him at daddy's & daddy went out & left him alone.
Race has nothing to do with reaching the sensible conclusions I have reached. Common sense and life experiences tell me that chances are this young man made a tragic mistake & Zimmerman is being hung out to dry because its not politically correct to admit the obvious reality of what went on.
I would say it would be a positive thing if you would take to heart your own words: "People need to stop blindly defending people just because it suits their agenda"......

Unless you are 17 years old and have enormously similiar life circumstances how could you possibly "make intelligent guesses" about what Trayvon was thinking during the events of Feb. 26 when being followed by Zimmerman?

Zimmerman has been charged with a crime; he is not being hung out to dry. He will have a trial just like everybody else charged with a crime.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Thank you for the link. This is the part that I never understood and why they didn't lock him up that night.

Anonymous on April 14, 2012 at 11:06 pm said:

"Not only did he check him for a gun but he turned the body over from his back to.his stomach which is how his arms came to rest under him. If GZ was under TM when he shot him there is NO WAY his body comes to rest on his stomach with his arms underneath him. A person falls.that.way if they are on their knees when they are shot but not if they are shot while on top of someone. If shot while on top, and with a 9mm, they fall back. I’m sure 10,000 simulated tests will prove Martin’s body couldn’t possibly have ended up like that if GZ’s explanation was true. Further, Zimmerman never says he threw a punch. So his only defense mechanism during this fight, per his own words, was to pull out his gun."

Its obvious that the OP of this silliness and you too have little firearm experience. Guns dont knock people over like on TV. If your leaning forward & get shot in the chest you'll fall forward, the bullet goes thru you much too fast to move your body much at all. It is very concievable tough that a person might get up, stagger a few steps & fall forward. Again unlike TV people dont just die instantly when shot. If Zimmerman had tampered with Trayvons body it would be obvious & all over the news. All I see there is a bunch of ignorant speculation.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I hate it when someone keeps mentioning the Constitution. I'm not saying it's as bad as talking about Hitler but, for the past 3 years, we've heard the Constitution mentioned so many thousands of times that it is, unfortunately, starting to lose its true meaning.
I agree. The people that keep bringing this up are making a mockery out of the constitution, just like they do about "personal responsibility".

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Abraham Lincoln didn't go to law school. As one of your "allies" has made clear this isn't a court of law.
Abraham Lincoln was born in 1809, more the 200 years ago. In his day, you didn't have to go to law school. I believe AL also served as a law clerk, sort of like an apprentice. He didn't get his education on CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sorry a generic undermining of eye witnesses is just not going to work. Is there anything specific that has been released in the media or court documents to date to contradict these two witnesses?

Saying we don't know what the prosecution has is a cop out. We can certainly have an intelligent discussion based on what has been released thus far.
Yes, I posted a link about a witness who saw GZ on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would say in an altercation if you are the only one left alive you won.

There will be no conviction. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand that Zimmerman's head wounds could only be caused if he was sucker punched from behind or if he was thrown to the ground. It don't take a lot of legal expertise to figure that out.
Any ER doctor could rip up that testimony.

Quote:
What are anonymous's credentials?
Another analysis from a drunk I met in a bar, "Ya HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT TO THINK ZIMMERMAN IS GUILTY."
The same as "John's". Frankly, I think the most credible witnesses are those that say they couldn't see a lot b/c it was dark and raining.

Quote:
Obviously, they could tell he was sober.
LOL! He arrived at the police station about 35 minutes after the shooting. A BAC level could tell them what his BAC had been 35 min. earlier.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-29-2012 at 08:20 PM..

Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Its obvious that the OP of this silliness and you too have little firearm experience. Guns dont knock people over like on TV. If your leaning forward & get shot in the chest you'll fall forward, the bullet goes thru you much too fast to move your body much at all. It is very concievable tough that a person might get up, stagger a few steps & fall forward. Again unlike TV people dont just die instantly when shot. If Zimmerman had tampered with Trayvons body it would be obvious & all over the news. All I see there is a bunch of ignorant speculation.
Since you know a lot about firearms, can you tell me what size wound a hollow-point bullet would create? Is it bigger or smaller than a regular bullet? Would a hollow point bullet fired from a close range go entirely through the body?

Also, if Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when Zimmerman shot him, why would there be no blood splatter on Zimmerman's jacket or shirt? Would Trayvon have been able to stand up from that sitting position and take a few steps?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times
Quote:
None of the black males I work with and share a beer with are. Why don't you stick to arguing the facts of the case instead of making a joke out of the term racism?
Whose making jokes? As ridiculous as it may be, there are plenty of white folks (especially on this racist forum) who either believe it or would like to believe it because it keeps their delusion of racial superiority alive.

Quote:
How did Zimmerman get them head wounds?
What head wounds? Oh wait are you talking about the ones that weren't visible to the human eye when he got out of the police car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies