Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Under oath the officer working for the prosecution backed up Zimmerman, though they didn't want to.

The supposed case agaisnt Zimmerman has no legs.
You're generalizing too much. The investigator (not officer) answered only what he had to answer, he did not elaborate, and he revealed as little as possible during his testimony. THAT is not unusual and is the way hearings and trials work. The entire reason for the bail hearing was to explore the flight risk which Zimmerman posed and the danger to the community or to himself. That's why the question about whether or not Zimmerman started the fight was asked; that goes to Zimmerman's propensity to violence and his anger. It was not about self defense. The State may well have other witnesses or physical evidence which shows that Zimmerman was the aggressor, even if Zimmerman is the ONLY PERSON saying that Trayvon started the fight.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
[quote=simetime;24008253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Untrue. It was the funeral director who said that. He (FD) was much discredited by the GZ supporters for saying so in a previous thread.

My mistake it was the funeral director, but he would still be able to see the condition of Trayvon's body and would be able to say that there were no marks on his fist. How can the zimmerman supporters discredit something that they never seen?

Like I said before the whole thing seems rather fishy to me. If he had sustained injuries from being bashed on the concrete, he would had more then bruises/cuts there would have been some serious swelling and a possible concussion. One more thing, why was'nt he taken to the hospital and stablized? A "broken nose" and a head pounding on concrete would be grounds to send anyone to the hospital. Personally, I question the fact when were the detailed pictures taken. Were they taken before he was questioned or after?
I know someone who was sitting on the back of her bf's car and he gunned it. She fell off and backwards and her head hit the street. She had no concussion but a major headache. I have also known someone who fell in their bathroom and bumped their head on the side of a cabinet and died. The human body deals with injuries differently in every scenario. Heads hitting larger surface areas tend to do less damage then heads hitting the corner or edge of something. Force distributed over the area large or small can determine the extent of a head injury.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:42 PM

179 posts, read 156,732 times
My lawyer instincts were correct it seems. Dershowitz thinks the prosecution should be investigated and may be guilty of subornation of perjury.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated - Manchester Independent | Examiner.com

The bloody bruised head aside, I think the fact that the investigator admitted they had no evidence contradicting Zim's story opens them up to prosecution.

The mods should shut down comments and possibly ban people who keep questioning whether Zimmerman's head injuries were "serious enough." It's rude, dishonest, and frankly insulting to any number of people who have been assaulted or suffered a head injury. Its bordering on trolling and is derailing the conversation, which at this point should focus on the possible legal consequences against the prosecution and Zimmerman's legal remedies against the news media.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Many cases take over a year to get to trial, so I've often wondered about the words "speedy trial." Sometimes innocent people rot in jail for 6 months and then are acquitted, just because they have no collateral. That was a statement made by an attorney who explained why Florida grants bail when a defendant is not considered to be a flight risk or a danger to the community. It might also be because an innocent person who can prove false arrest without probable cause can file a lawsuit.
Here you can find information regarding a speedy trial, statutes and Rules of Criminal Procedure. Almost all defendants waive their right to a speedy trial. Also, there are timelines set out for when different proceedings have to take place, like within a certain period of time the first appearance has to occur, then the arraignment, then a trial.....those timelines are set out in the link to the Rules of Criminal Procedure. The court and attorneys DO NOT MISS those timelines. Usually when a not guilty plea is entered the defendant also waives their right to a speedy trial. Not everyone waives it, but almost all do.

//www.city-data.com/forum/23996405-post982.html

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! I don't understand it because if my head was banged on the concrete like he said I would want to go to the hospital to make sure there is no concussion or internal bleeding.
You would think the police would have hauled him off to the hospital for CYA purposes, if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I guess I never read where GZ was beaten to a bloody pulp or viciously beaten as many posts are saying. As an RN head wounds bleed profusely alot of the time but not always if superficial abrasions.
Do a google search. That is what GZ's brother is claiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Hate to be bringing out my nurse's hat but teenage boys that get into fights often hit their heads on surfaces or by another's hands and don't seek medical attention. They tend to shrug it off unless there are stitches needed or internal injuries. I worked in an ER and have volunteered over the years in high schools. I now do pediatrics
I am an RN in pediatrics as well. We don't shrug off head injuries like that. True, if they don't call us, we don't know about it. However, if we talk to someone with a suspected HI with bleeding head wounds, we generally advise them to come in.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
My lawyer instincts were correct it seems. Dershowitz thinks the prosecution should be investigated and may be guilty of subornation of perjury.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated - Manchester Independent | Examiner.com

The bloody bruised head aside, I think the fact that the investigator admitted they had no evidence contradicting Zim's story opens them up to prosecution.

The mods should shut down comments and possibly ban people who keep questioning whether Zimmerman's head injuries were "serious enough.". It's rude, dishonest, and frankly insulting to any number of people who have been assaulted or suffered a head injury. Its bordering on trolling and is derailing the conversation, which at this point should focus on the possible legal consequences against the prosecution and Zimmerman's legal remedies against the news media.
Oh, please. A quote from your link:

"Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.'

That's a BIG "UNLESS"........of course there is more evidence!

I don't know what Dershowitz is doing saying something like this.....He well knows that the State is not required to turn over their evidence to the defense until 15 days after a demand for discovery by the defense!! The prosecutor is doing nothing out of the ordinary by not putting all their evidence out there in the public at this time.

Maybe he (Dershowitz) just wants payment for an appearance on Beck's show, so he is pandering to the right wingers.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-24-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You would think the police would have hauled him off to the hospital for CYA purposes, if nothing else.
Amen!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,594 times
Quote:

Do a google search. That is what GZ's brother is claiming.

I am a RN in pediatrics as well. We don't shrug off head injuries like that. True, if they don't call us, we don't know about it. However, if we talk to someone with a suspected HI with bleeding head wounds, we generally advise them to come in.
Being a RN you would also understand the definition of "Consent", if GZ was coherent enough to answer questions, LEO and/or EMT's would not have been able to "haul him off" without his Consent...Now, if he was unconscious or had an altered level of consciousness that would be considered "Implied Consent" and then he could have been "hauled off"...

Old 04-24-2012, 03:05 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
The mods should shut down comments and possibly ban people who keep questioning whether Zimmerman's head injuries were "serious enough." It's rude, dishonest, and frankly insulting to any number of people who have been assaulted or suffered a head injury. Its bordering on trolling and is derailing the conversation, which at this point should focus on the possible legal consequences against the prosecution and Zimmerman's legal remedies against the news media.
Wow!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So you are walking down the street at night, some guy starts to follow you. What would you do? Be honest now, think back to your 17 year-old self.
I'd get the he!! out of Bed Rock. I damn sure wouldn't go looking for trouble!

Now answer what I asked you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies