Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
CBS world news excerpt: If CBS sources are correct then GZ shot TM at close range.

The reports also noted the fatal wound's surrounded by a two-by-two inch pattern called stippling, caused by gunpower burns. It suggests Zimmerman fired inches away from the teenager.

Trayvon Martin Autopsy, New Details In Case Released | digtriad.com
A CBS news report is NOT a copy of the Medical Examiner's report. And even the new reports says "It suggests Zimmerman fired inches away"......IT SUGGESTS. You do realize how vague that is, don't you? Nothing in that CBS reports gives any real factual information backed up by reliable, identifiable sources.

The news reports which have been released based on the "leaked" medical information says the shot was from "moderate" or "intermediate" range. That is NOT CLOSE.

I will take the word of a medical doctor, specifically a forensic pathologist, medical examiner, when it is released, over the word of vague witnesses who thought they saw something at the crime scene which suggests how far away the gun was from Trayvon when he was shot.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
My question is, did that doctor recommend that George go for x-rays on that broken nose just to ensure that there weren't more serious injuries as a result of that "likely" broken nose?
Exactly! If it was broken wouldn't have a doctor have to set it?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If ya just got tea and Skittles do not attack someone who has a gun.
This comment makes absolutely no sense.

TM obviously had no intention of attacking anyone armed with ice tea and Skittles. But GZ was definitely looking for trouble, looking to start a fight and came armed to do bodily harm.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
So, you are judge, jury and executioner?
No, but George Zimmerman decided that he was.

Again, the outcries from folks like yourself would be completely different had GZ done the same to a White child who was just walking home with nothing but ice tea and Skittles in hand.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 PM

140 posts, read 94,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This would indicate that Zimmerman already had his gun in hand when he was supposedly attacked by Trayvon. Zimmerman could not have gotten his gun out of wherever he had it concealed if Trayvon was on top of him (if he had it concealed). .
That is not necessarily true that he could have had the gun in his hand. As for the other speculation, yes it is a possibility that he could have got his gun from wherever it was concealed. It would be unwise to assume he couldn't.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
Again with the lousy detective work. My sister and I were in a car accident when we were teenagers. She hit a parked car going 30 miles a hour (it was winter and we were late for school). We both hit the windshield with our heads and shattered the windshield (this was before air bags).

The police showed up and saw the windshield and asked if we needed to go to the hospital. We said no and the police officer drove us to school.

Later that day I noticed a big gash on my head that had been bleeding all day and most likely had a concussion (my sister probably did too)
I would assume that you were teenagers but Zimmerman is a grown 28 year old man that should know better.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OK, but in the case of GZ. He wants us to believe that he was in fear for his life. If TM had beaten him to the point where he was in fear of his life then he would have more serious injuries than the superficial ones that the "family doctor" noted the following afternoon. If GZ was able to go home and get a good night's sleep, then he was not injured severely enough by TM to justify murder. GZ did not require medical attention for stitches, x-rays, CAT scan, etc. The "family doctor's" medical report was for show on the advoce from his father (the retired judge) and his money hungry brother. If the injuries were severe, then he would have gone to the ER that night.
Let me ask you something. If you happened to be carrying a firearm...just how much would you let someone beat you before defending yourself? Would you have been as tolerant as Zimmerman? Letting someone pound you in the face, breaking your nose. Blackening both eyes. Pounding your head into the concrete, gashing your head. Would you be thinking, "it's ok, he's not REALLY hurting me...I'll just wait till he cracks my skull open"? Or would you do SOMETHING to stop the violent attack while you still could? How about if it was a loved one, a spouse or child? Would you let a criminal split their skull before you shot?

Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There is no proof that TM was inflicting any wounds that could be considered fatal by any stretch of the imagination.

The rationale that some folks want us to believe in this situation would be down right stupid if you take the same scenario between GZ and TM place them on the schoolyard at recess or after school for high schoolers. So one kid is justified in killing another because he decided to pick a fight, pulled out a weapon when he started to lose that fight and then killed the kid that he picked a fight with in the first place.
People who try to justify Zimmerman just because he was getting beat up just baffle me.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This would indicate that Zimmerman already had his gun in hand when he was supposedly attacked by Trayvon. Zimmerman could not have gotten his gun out of wherever he had it concealed if Trayvon was on top of him (if he had it concealed). Therefore, it was Trayvon who felt his life was in danger when he was accosted by a stranger with a gun.
Also, if the gunshot was made from "moderate" or "intermediate" range, that could very well mean that Zimmerman had freed himself from Trayon, and at that point had no reason to fear for his life, but shot Trayvon anyway. Seems to me that would be a good reason for Trayvon to be screaming "help" until the gun was fired. He saw the gun and knew there was nothing he could do at that point. Remember, the screams for help ended midpoint when the shot was fired.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
You are very correct. The white conservatives go way out of their way to paint Trayvon as some sort of extremely violent and dangerous criminal, when the reality is that
Quote:
Trayvon was just a normal child.
We should not be surprised, because this is very typical behavior from the conservatives. Unless a person with dark skin is playing with some sort of ball and white conservatives are able to sit around and touch each other while watching the ball playing, they really do not have much use for people with dark skin.
Trayvon may have been headed down the road, just like many black youth, drug dealer and pimp, too make big money and impress the women, yea, that'll get ya far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies