Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The Kel-Tec 9 may be small and inexpensive, but it's still metal. It would be similar to being hit with a good-sized rock. BTW, regarding the article that you linked: The body has a left "venticle," not a "ventrical." I would suggest articles from publications with proofreaders.
I agree with their need for proofreaders. However, enough with the deflection. Look at this sceario. You are on your back. Your nose has been broken. Your head cut. By all accounts this other person is kicking your azz. You are laying on your back and pull your handgun. Now...you're going to take this loaded weapon, reach up past the hands of this person who is kicking your azz, and try to bash him on the head with it? Really? This idea kind of explains why so many anti-gun people fear a criminal taking a gun from them and using it against them. I can't think of any reason to put a firearm within easy hands reach of someone stronger than me that I believe is trying to kill me. To me, it would make far more sense to keep as secure a hold of it as possible and shoot to stop the threat. Which would mean as close to my body and as far from his hands as I could. (which they do teach in CCW btw). Practically handing someone trying to kill me a loaded weapon? Not what I'd regard as a smart idea.

Oh, and by the way...the gun used by Zimmerman was a Kel-Tec PF-9. Much of which is plastic, not metal. And weighs 14.6 oz loaded, or a little more than a can of beer. (for comparison, an unloaded, steel ".45 auto" weighs about 40 oz). So it would be a pretty small rock. Oh, and by the way...what's with the "inexpensive" attack? It lists for about $350, and is available for about $250 retail. Not the price of some high end guns, but not cheap either. Why should only the rich be able to afford a means of defending themselves?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 05-16-2012 at 11:42 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 PM

179 posts, read 156,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Zimmerman was so badly injured, why did he refuse medical treatment on the scene? And why did he refuse the advice of the "family doctor" the next day (which smells a bit shady as well)

If someone is badly injured they get medical treatment immediately, not the following day when the medical evidence could have been "compromised" by his shady father and brother.
Hmm..maybe because he was in shock from having just killed someone in self defense?

And yes, and the time- stamped iPhone picture, multiple eyewitness accounts, and video showing the injuries are all part of this elaborate deception I presume?

How's life under the tinfoil hat?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
NBC Nightly news. First part of their report says "intermediate range"......

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com
Thank you for that. It does change the scenario. I do wish they would have elaborated, but fine. Given the contradictory reports, I guess we are stuck with waiting for the official ME report to be released.

In spite of the tone of some of my posts, I'll turn on Zimmerman in a second when some credible evidence comes up that proves that he did not act in self defense. And a shot from a distance is such evidence.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 05-16-2012 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Hmm..maybe because he was in shock from having just killed someone in self defense?

And yes, and the time- stamped iPhone picture, multiple eyewitness accounts, and video showing the injuries are all part of this elaborate deception I presume?

How's life under the tinfoil hat?
His injuries were not life threatening. All of the evidence points in that direction.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Nobody has responded to my post that Zimmerman had recently been prescribed medication for hyperactivity disorder and anxiety. Should someone on these medications be following a person he thinks looks "suspicious" with a loaded gun?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Thank you for that. It does change the scenario. I do wish they would have elaborated, but fine. Given the contradictory reports, I guess we are stuck with waiting for the official ME report to be released.
I'm thinking that if they saw the entire ME report (which is often very technical and pages long) maybe they focused on the "range" (distance) because that would be information which would or could indicate whether or not at the time the shot was fired Martin was on top of Zimmerman and in very close contact. IF they were looking at the real ME report, it would have said "close" if it had been as close as I think it would have needed to be if Martin was on top at that moment.

I remember reading some of the testimony of the state investigator during the bail hearing (and, no, I can't give you a link tonight, I"m too tired) but anyway he said that Zimmerman in one of his five statements said that at one point he managed to slip out from under martin and get to his gun and that's when he shot him. He described slipping on the sidewalk out from under Martin....so if he slipped to the right, then he could have shot Martin from Martin's left upper chest side.

All speculation on my part.

Did you notice on that NBC news report that they said hundreds of pages of evidence is going to be released soon, (I think they said 300 pages) and 67 CDs of info?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nobody has responded to my post that Zimmerman had recently been prescribed medication for ADD and anxiety.
I think that both the prosecutor and GZ's defense team will try to use that to benefit their side.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
"The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old Martin had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle."

How can this be interpreted to mean bloody knuckles?

[URL="http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/16/11736208-trayvon-martin-killed-by-single-gunshot-fired-from-intermediate-range-autopsy-shows?chromedomain=openchannel&lite"]SOURCE[/URL]

"A small abrasion" could have happened when he fell after being shot. Saying his fists were bloodied and cut is a gross exaggeration.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Nobody has responded to my post that Zimmerman had recently been prescribed medication for hyperactivity disorder and anxiety. Should someone on these medications be following a person he thinks looks "suspicious" with a loaded gun?
How recently was he prescribed these meds?

Old 05-16-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
"The official report, prepared by the medical examiner in Volusia County, Fla., also found that the 17-year-old Martin had one other fresh injury – a small abrasion, no more than a quarter-inch in size – on his left ring finger below the knuckle."

How can this be interpreted to mean bloody knuckles?

SOURCE
No. Not "bloody knuckles"......no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies