Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times

Advertisements

None of the pro-Zimmerman people can answer the following questions which go to the incident NOT being self defense...

1) If George Zimmerman believed that his life was truly in danger and that he acted in self defense, why did he apologize to Trayvon Martin's family? I wouldn't apologize for killing someone who was trying to kill me, so why would he apologize.

2) Why did George Zimmerman keep saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was a kid." If he was acting in self defense and this kid was truly a threat to his life, why would it matter that TM was a kid, right?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:09 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
If the wounds on Trayvon show that he was not shot at close range as lead to believe he needs to go directly to jail for prejury along with murder 2

Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
A Stanford police investigator wanted to pursue the case. It was a representative of the state AG office that originally elected not to press charges.
I was referring to the assinne remark made by mig1

Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
A Stanford police investigator wanted to pursue the case. It was a representative of the state AG office that originally elected not to press charges.
And I bet that they told him to be quiet. The lead investigator knew that zimmerman's story was shaky at most and was willing to call him on that. The DA that tried to cover the whole thing up should be investigated as well

Old 05-17-2012, 11:38 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
We know that NBC lied on at least two other issues in this case. It's not impossible that they did here too. If so, I hope they become known as ZBC in the future, after Zimmerman sues them for slander and emotional distress. Hopefully he can get a large settlement and ensure that the corporate executives loose their jobs.
This just isn't true, but you and others keep repeating it. There was one "Today Show" segment aired on March 27, over a month after the shooting, early in the morning. That same edited tape was aired by an NBC affiliate in Florida too. NBC Nightly News, MSNBC and other NBC broadcasts did not edit the 911 call. In fact, we were discussing this case weeks before that 911 call was edited. I just quickly ran a search and on 3-18 we were discussing what Zimmerman said to the 911 dispatcher. That was 9 days before the Today Show botched editing job. It could have been purposely edited to make Zimmerman sound bigoted, but I never once heard ANYONE or read ANY post out of thousands that even mentioned the 911 call and that he said "I think he's Black." That was part of the description. Even if the dispatcher did not ask about his race, it wouldn't be racism, at least not to me. However, he did call Trayvon Martin an "a$$hole" and say he was "up to no good" so he already had formed an opinion of the victim before he even got out of his car. The reason Al Sharpton and others got involved is because the Martin family couldn't get anyone to take their son's death seriously while his killer walked free without charges. I live in Florida and the local news showed reporters walking around the crime scene, exactly where Trayvon was shot and where Zimmerman claims his head was bleeding. There was no police tape or any barrier keeping residents and reporters from walking on the grass. Every unnatural death deserves a thorough investigation.

Fox lies all the time, and the U.K. is investigating Murdoch's sleazy, dishonest business practices. In fact, they are deciding whether or not his company should even be licensed. Yet one show that's on early in the morning edits a tape and all of a sudden NBC and the entire so-called liberal media is lying about everything.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Can you point to a thread in C/D that shows this dynamic you claim exists?
I've seen posters admit that they're wrong; people usually say, mea culpa
and may include this: . Regardless, I can't see where FF5000 is "cornered," when all he does on the thread is try to explain how the Florida courts operate. His information is impartial and helpful for those of us who have no courtroom experience. In fact, I was so tired when posting early this morning that I misspelled "ancillary." Mea culpa. See how easy it is? Painless, too. People who persist in referring to Martin as a
"6' 3" hulking thug" when he was 6' and weighed 150 should try doing it themselves.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:54 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This just isn't true, but you and others keep repeating it. There was one "Today Show" segment aired on March 27, over a month after the shooting, early in the morning. That same edited tape was aired by an NBC affiliate in Florida too. NBC Nightly News, MSNBC and other NBC broadcasts did not edit the 911 call. In fact, we were discussing this case weeks before that 911 call was edited. I just quickly ran a search and on 3-18 we were discussing what Zimmerman said to the 911 dispatcher. That was 9 days before the Today Show botched editing job. It could have been purposely edited to make Zimmerman sound bigoted, but I never once heard ANYONE or read ANY post out of thousands that even mentioned the 911 call and that he said "I think he's Black." That was part of the description. Even if the dispatcher did not ask about his race, it wouldn't be racism, at least not to me. However, he did call Trayvon Martin an "a$$hole" and say he was "up to no good" so he already had formed an opinion of the victim before he even got out of his car. The reason Al Sharpton and others got involved is because the Martin family couldn't get anyone to take their son's death seriously while his killer walked free without charges. I live in Florida and the local news showed reporters walking around the crime scene, exactly where Trayvon was shot and where Zimmerman claims his head was bleeding. There was no police tape or any barrier keeping residents and reporters from walking on the grass. Every unnatural death deserves a thorough investigation.

Fox lies all the time, and the U.K. is investigating Murdoch's sleazy, dishonest business practices. In fact, they are deciding whether or not his company should even be licensed. Yet one show that's on early in the morning edits a tape and all of a sudden NBC and the entire so-called liberal media is lying about everything.
Wrong.... You aren't backing up anything. I suggest you read the affidavit , there is nothing about race in there.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
None of the pro-Zimmerman people can answer the following questions which go to the incident NOT being self defense...

1) If George Zimmerman believed that his life was truly in danger and that he acted in self defense, why did he apologize to Trayvon Martin's family? I wouldn't apologize for killing someone who was trying to kill me, so why would he apologize.

2) Why did George Zimmerman keep saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was a kid." If he was acting in self defense and this kid was truly a threat to his life, why would it matter that TM was a kid, right?
I'm not pro-Zimmerman or anti-Zimmerman. I don't know the man. I am just someone who wants to see justice served.

RE: The apology. That could have been a self-serving apology to show that he's not a terrible person and feels badly that he shot an unarmed teenager. We don't know. He's a human being and I'm sure killing an unarmed teenager affected him in some way. However, the apology came way too late, since he never mentioned his victim even once for almost 2 months after the shooting. Still, to give him the benefit of the doubt, it's possible his other attorneys (the clowns who represented him before O'Mara) told him not to apologize. Again, we don't know if this man was truly sorry or just wanted to appear more sympathetic to the public.

RE: The age comment: I do agree that the age doesn't matter. I also believe he lied, since he told the 911 dispatcher twice that Trayvon was a teenager. First he described him as being in his late teens, and then he said he lost sight of "the kid" or something of that nature. I clearly remember him saying something like "I don't know where this kid is now." (but I don't feel like searching for the transcript now)

I don't think Zimmerman's injuries matter unless they were life threatening, but only a jury can decide based on the law and what a judge instructs them to consider. I would like to see pictures of Zimmerman immediately after the fight. According to witnesses, after they heard the shot, they looked down and Zimmerman was straddling the body and walking around. Then we saw him casually walking in the police station, although he was handcuffed. Maybe he was in shock. It's possible that Martin punched him to get away when he saw his gun. I can't believe Zimmerman ran after someone he thought was dangerous and wasn't ready to defend himself, and I'd do everything possible to stop a man yelling at me waving a gun. Maybe Trayvon was fighting for his life.

This is all speculation, but so is everything else. We'll never really know what happened that night, except that Trayvon Martin wasn't armed, didn't commit a crime and was only walking back to the place where he was staying with his father.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Wrong.... You aren't backing up anything. I suggest you read the affidavit , there is nothing about race in there.
I don't know what you are saying. Wrong about what? The 911 call? I have the entire transcript.

If you are talking about the Murdoch investigation, I never said it was about racism. That's just your way of purposely interjecting it into the conversation. I only said that Fox lies and never mentioned race at all. I actually have no idea what your post means. If it's about the Fox comment, show me where I said anything that isn't true.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: off opic

Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

He didn't apologize. He merely said he was sorry the kid is dead. Lots of people are sorry the kid is dead. That doesn't mean they are apologizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies