Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, you people really are paranoid.

Whois "you people"?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death compared to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
I haven't been keeping up with the whole Martin/Zimmerman case, because I care about it as much as I do a bowel movement, and I stopped watching American TV news almost half a year ago. But, I can't see just how in this world, that picture of Trayvon looks ANYTHING like a 17 year old that picture looks like he's friggin 13!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
] Zimmerman left his car and was already following Martin. He was then told that "we don't need you to do that" (follow Martin). At which point he answers "OK" and stops. He continues the 911 call for another ~1 1/2 minutes.
You can see through the computer, into the police switch board and then Zimmerman's camera phone? Have you told Apple about this remarkable technology?

Don't get you drawers all in a bunch when others misstate facts and then you just make up stuff of your own.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You can see through the computer, into the police switch board and then Zimmerman's camera phone? Have you told Apple about this remarkable technology?

Don't get you drawers all in a bunch when others misstate facts and then you just make up stuff of your own.
He actually gave me the benefit of the doubt rather than just rip into me.

Here's the recording:

George Zimmerman 911 call reporting Trayvon Martin -- OrlandoSentinel.com

It sure does sound as though Zimmerman stopped and agreed to wait for the officer. I don't know what happened after that since the recording stops at this point.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
I'm sorry and maybe this is one of those recurring problems with cross racial identification, but I see the same kin in both pictures.

By the way, I think we should get something very, very clear. Trayvon Martin need not be a saint to be protected from unlawful homicide and Zimmerman need to be evil incarnate to be guilty of such a homicide.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

No...but I actually LISTEN.

On the tape of the 911 call you hear the sounds of pounding feet and Z breathing hard.

Then dispatch asks "are you following him".

Zimmerman answers "yes"

Dispatch answers "we don't need you to do that".

Zimmerman answers "OK"

Sounds of pounding feet and labored breathing end.

You might want to actually listen to the tape sometime. It's been linked many many times; if you like I'll find it for you. Given his breathing and tone of voice after he answers "OK" its clear he wasn't running or even walking fast any longer. OK, I'll admit, he could have been walking slowly for the additional 1 1/2 minutes he was on the phone. But it's pretty clear he wasn't chasing Martin during that time.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:08 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.
You are inaccurate. He was NOT advised by the cops not to leave the car. The dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that". That's a FAR cry from being told you should NOT do something.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
To many, Martin's skin color makes him look menancing and criminally-inclined no matter how young he looks. GZ apparently thought so.

GZ, armed, had the opportunity to remain in his car since Martin wasn't doing anything criminal, OR initiate a confrontation that he knew could give him the opportunity to use his gun on this black person wearing a hood eating Skittles.

GZ, premeditated and deliberated ---> 1st degree Murder. He should hang.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
harrier, same kid only with a hoodie on.
Might be the same kid, but 5 years older and not as innocent looking as Trayvon when he was 12 years old as the media tried to portray him.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have numerous physicians in my family as well as friends. I am in a Masters program that also requires knowledge of the anatomy. So, yes, I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Why are you being so...?

Oh profile name: GeorgiaTransplant

Nevermind, that explains quite a lot
sinking to another posters level never works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies