Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You just stated that Martin "came up on him," so you must have witnessed the incident. When will you be coming forward to testify?

People have made up their minds, even though they don't have a clue.

If this guy is found guilty of self-defense or agitated manslaughter, there will most likely be riots. If this happens, we can blame Jackson, Sharpton, NBP, congresswoman Wilson (talking out of her a$$), and all the race baiting fools for sparking needless racial tension for their own gain.
Your reading comprehension skills can use some improvement. If you look at the post that you quoted, its says the exact opposite.

This is what the poster said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
If zimmerman came up on me like he did with trayvon I would be swinging to.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Cackalacky will always be the Cackalacky no matter how many PhDs come there from elsewhere.
Suits me just fine. Less of the big city types coming down. Keeps NC beautiful, clean, and less metro. Plus, I get my cushy academic job without as much competition. You can stay in broke Kalifornia and I can stay in much more affordable NC with its beautiful beaches, OBX, and the Blue Ridge mountains. The gay marriage ban might just push out even more of my competition. Make lemonade out of lemons I suppose.

Incidentally, the Ph.D.s are homegrown in UNC, NC State and Duke. Thousands and thousands of them.

Y'all not come down here, ya hear?

Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 AM

593 posts, read 1,412,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Nope, don't buy the whole thing about not following. You *might* have a point if he was right up in his face, pointing and screaming at him. Even then, it's pretty sketchy at best. Trayvon, when followed, should have just kept on going home to call police rather than confront GZ. He would still be alive if he just done that. Instead, TM sealed his fate by approaching GZ and whaling on him. Shouldn't have brought fists to a gunfight. A very valuable lesson for any would be tough guy who wants to confront someone they suspect of stalking, and assuming that person doesn't have the means to equalize the situation.

Teenagers do not have fully formed brains to think rationally as an adult would. How many times have any of us seen a teen do something idiotic and wanted to smack them upside the head for not thinking clearly? It's just in this case, the poor kid did the wrong thing and he paid for it with his life. And that should not have happened if the adult in the situation HAD been thinking rationally. But he was not. He even ignored the directions of others who WERE thinking rationally and telling him to stay in his car, instead he wanted a fight and that is not self-defense. Self-defense would be if he'd stayed in his car and the kid came up for no reason and started something. But THAT did not happen.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:17 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Why are all of the pro-Zimmerman people in places like the South and Idaho...oh wait, nevermind. We know why.
Kind of a sad question considering the jury hasn't even been selected yet. Anyone on "either side" is wrong at the moment.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
Teenagers do not have fully formed brains to think rationally as an adult would.
LOL, he's nearly 18 and went right up to GZ and beat him. In the heat of the moment, he must die for that since it's unknown if he has a knife or gun to finish the job. It's just simple logic and emotion has and will be taken out of the situation in the courtroom.

Quote:
And that should not have happened if the adult in the situation HAD been thinking rationally. But he was not. He even ignored the directions of others who WERE thinking rationally and telling him to stay in his car, instead he wanted a fight and that is not self-defense. Self-defense would be if he'd stayed in his car and the kid came up for no reason and started something. But THAT did not happen.
Hard to think rationally when a teen comes right up to your face and starts beating on you. If I were GZ, TM would still be dead. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 any day and twice on Sundays.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
I have numerous physicians in my family as well as friends. I am in a Masters program that also requires knowledge of the anatomy. So, yes, I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Why are you being so...?

Oh profile name: GeorgiaTransplant

Nevermind, that explains quite a lot
You finally answered the question and established some bona fides. See, not so unbelievably hard, was it? I guess you were just so intent on the case and babbling that you couldn't possibly answer a simple question.

By the way, 'knowing' people is worse than useless. It gives a false sense of confidence. I have a friend who is a world-class runner, and that does not make me an expert on elite running, despite my being an avid (amateur) runner. I strongly suspect you know very little indeed about head injuries in practice.

Thanks for the gratuitous insult, by the way! How mature of you. All Georgians thank you.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post

Here is the legal clause in Florida for stalking: Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Notice the term "and repeatedly"
Zimmerman "patrolled" nightly. He called 911 forty-six times. 46 times.

Sounds like a stalker to me, if not an outright psychopath.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Zimmerman "patrolled" nightly. He called 911 forty-six times. 46 times.

Sounds like a stalker to me, if not an outright psychopath.
Being an a**hole doesn't warrant being approached and physically attacked.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:
Nope, don't buy the whole thing about not following. You *might* have a point if he was right up in his face, pointing and screaming at him. Even then, it's pretty sketchy at best. Trayvon, when followed, should have just kept on going home to call police rather than confront GZ. He would still be alive if he just done that. Instead, TM sealed his fate by approaching GZ and whaling on him. Shouldn't have brought fists to a gunfight. A very valuable lesson for any would be tough guy who wants to confront someone they suspect of stalking, and assuming that person doesn't have the means to equalize the situation.
Hey, I thought Florida has a stand-your-ground law which states that a person may use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of a threat, without an obligation to retreat first.

You guys are trying to say it applies to Zimmerman, when it actually applies to Martin, because it was Martin who was using self-defense when there was a reasonable belief of a threat (posed by a guy who is chasing him).

All there had to be was a reasonable belief of a threat, Martin did not have to wait until Zimmerman punched first.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM

593 posts, read 1,412,064 times
Quote:
LOL, he's nearly 18 and went right up to GZ and beat him. In the heat of the moment, he must die for that since it's unknown if he has a knife or gun to finish the job. It's just simple logic and emotion has and will be taken out of the situation in the courtroom.

Hard to think rationally when a teen comes right up to your face and starts beating on you. If I were GZ, TM would still be dead. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 any day and twice on Sundays.

Are you for real? "He must die for that"?

Brain development has little to do with how close to 18 you are, that only matters when buying lottery tickets and cigarettes.

It's also hard to think rationally when you are itching for a fight and you have a gun but nobody else knows that.

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 any day and twice on Sundays."

Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies