Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 03:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This whole case is 100% the media's fault. There is no reason that we should always have to back down to crime and let these thugs walk all over us. Trayvon Martin was nothing more than a thug, and WAS suspicious, he was not a nice boy just strolling through the neighborhood and killed in cold blood for being black. The media wanted to spin this and use their race manipulation on us. The truth will come out, and I think George Zimmerman is going to walk free, which he should.

We should not have to back down to the thugs and to crime, we should be able to protect ourselves and our neighborhoods. Why is someone who tries to help the community looked down upon? I forgot, this country has become so weak and so PC that we can't do anything besides bend over and hope they don't kill us, because if we defend ourselves we'll be hated.
Here, here!

Then there are those who can't function or even feed themselves without the help of the government. Yet they rant up a storm when a neighbor looks out for his neighbor.

Funny world we live in.

George can be my neighbor any time. I'd be proud to have him in my neighborhood.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now for people who don't understand statistics:

6% of homicides are committed by people under 18
11% of homicides are committed by people 17-19. As the propensity to commit homicide seems to go up with age through age 24, one can safely assume that 18-19 year olds commit more homicides than 17 year olds.
People 20-24 commit 50% more homicides than people 17-19. People 25-29 commit approximately the same number of homicides as 17-19 year olds.
Yes, and for people who understand statistics you could also look at the black/ white homicide rate and understand that Martin's race makes him even more likely to be a perpetrator of homicides. The statistics quite clearly show "children" kill in numbers that are too high.

You do not need to understand statistics to come to the conclusion that the "child" was whipping the adult's ass before the equalizer came into play.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
LOL There is no contradiction in what I said. The state filed charges because they believe, based upon the evidence they have, that Zimmerman is not telling the truth about self-defense/stand your ground....basically that he's lying about the reason he killed Trayvon. The state clearly believes they have enough evidence to support their charge and get a conviction. The state nor anyone else is ever 100% sure of a conviction.
How do you know the motives behind the Seminole County Prosecutors Office decision to file a charge of 2nd degree murder against George Zimmerman?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
ONE TIME. Do you have proof of any other intentional change in evidence which has been released to the public via court documents, recordings?

Proof of intentional "doctoring of evidence" by the media in this case would surely be easy to find because all the evidence is available via court file. Pretty easy to compare and contrast.
One such blatant doctoring of a tape is one too many. I guess I hold news channels to higher standards than you do.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How do you know the motives behind the Seminole County Prosecutors Office decision to file a charge of 2nd degree murder against George Zimmerman?
It's pretty simple and straight forward.
The motive behind prosecutors filing charges is to hold someone responsible for breaking the law.

I can see you're trying to suggest these charges were filed simply for political reasons, however, that would be enormously unethical and a betrayal of the public trust. Such a prosecutor, if this were ever proven, would be thrown out of office. Not much political gain in that.

At face value, the prosecutor filed charges because they do not believe Zimmerman's claim of self-defense/SYG. In other words, the prosecution believes they have evidence which disproves Zimmerman's claims. That's how I know that the State Attorney filed charges because they think Zimmerman is lying, and they have every intention of proving that Zimmerman's killing of Trayvon was 2nd degree murder.

p.s. It's NOT the Seminole County prosecutor's office. It is the State Attorney out of Duval County, the 4th Judicial Circuit, representing the State in this case. Corey was appointed as a special prosecutor.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Sometimes stupidity causes a crime......state of mind.
Yes, taking fists to a gunfight was pretty stupid.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
One such blatant doctoring of a tape is one too many. I guess I hold news channels to higher standards than you do.
Well, don't watch that channel anymore. ONE INCIDENT by one network does not condemn the entire profession. There are many other sources available.

Unfortunately, your holding news channels to such a high standard has not resulted in your being more accurately informed about this case.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
If you're calling a gun an equalizer, all I can say is "wow, just wow". Keep in mind people GZ's age commit about the same number of homicides as those 17-19.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Well, don't watch that channel anymore. ONE INCIDENT by one network does not condemn the entire profession. There are many other sources available.

Unfortunately, your holding news channels to such a high standard has not resulted in your being more accurately informed about this case.

I believe it is your blind trust of the judicial system that leaves you unable to recognize a travesty of justice when it should be obvious to all. There is no case against Zimmerman.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Here, here!

Then there are those who can't function or even feed themselves without the help of the government. Yet they rant up a storm when a neighbor looks out for his neighbor.

Funny world we live in.

George can be my neighbor any time. I'd be proud to have him in my neighborhood.
Unitl he killed your kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies