Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,078,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
...and you know this because you pursued a career in law enforcement for many years?
I know this because I am not an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
You bet...some nut coming after you in the night, accosting you. I'd fight like hell if I was attacked by some yoyo with a gun, who clearly wants to kill people........otherwise he wouldn't be carrying a gun and stalking me.

Sorry the kid didn't get to beat the sh*t out of this jerk before Zimmerman could kill him. Zimmerman was a thug accosting someone in the night...not a cop with the authority to do so.
Well, then I hope you get sent to prison before you get the chance to hurt someone, because beating up people to death, for looking suspicious is not okay.

Also, get your facts straight, Martin was never attacked, he was the one who attacked, and there was no indication that Zimmerman had any plans of killing Martin.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think this could be exactly how it happened.

I don't think enough people are putting themselves in Trayvon's shoes.
It doesn't help legally to put oneself in tm's shoes because he's the dead one and can't tell his story. But as desertdetroiter and others have said, in tm's shoes, 'i'm not taking the first punch. Hell no! I'm throwing it.'

No matter who threw the 1st punch, once the self defense law takes over, the initial aggressor can Still use deadly force if he can't retreat and reasonably believes he's in danger of great bodily harm.

I know some people believe gz's injuries were self-inflicted or not serious enough to support his story.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
I am sure someone has said this already, how one looks is not justification for shooting someone.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
To many, Martin's skin color makes him look menancing and criminally-inclined no matter how young he looks. GZ apparently thought so.
How do you know what GZ thought? That requires knowing the operation of his mind. The ONLY way to know the operation of GZ's mind is to be GZ, or a psychic. Since I don't place much reliance on psychics, that simply means that stating that you know something you don't, makes you look less intelligent.
Quote:
GZ, armed, had the opportunity to remain in his car since Martin wasn't doing anything criminal, OR initiate a confrontation that he knew could give him the opportunity to use his gun on this black person wearing a hood eating Skittles.
Again, how do you know GZ INITIATED the confrontation. By all accounts, he got out of the car, temporarily followed TM, and was then attacked by TM when returning to his car. Since GZ wasn't doing anything criminal, why did TM attack him?
Quote:
GZ, premeditated and deliberated ---> 1st degree Murder. He should hang.
Again, another puffy full of hot air and no substance comment. By all means charge GZ with First Degree Murder, and see how fast he walks.

Please consider the following prior to further posts such as your previous post.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
harrier, same kid only with a hoodie on.
So, looks like some now consider looking like Mark Zuckerberg a capital offense, bguess they really weren't too thrilled with the IPO.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
IMHO Zimmerman went hunting humans without a license and bagged one. That is really quite illegal.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,946,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Martin was still the victim......no matter what he looked like. Zimm should have stayed in his car.
But yes, they wanted it to look like he beat up on a smallish black child.
Why? Why should GZ have stayed in his car? Is it not his neighborhood? Does he not have the right to walk around his neighborhood? Does he not have the right to talk to a stranger in that neighborhood, to inquire as to that strangers business there?
I don't know, and I believe that to this point no one really knows, what was said between the two men, or how this escalated to a fight to the death, but I find it ludicrous that people believe the "right" thing is for people to stay in their home or vehicle, afraid to confront a potential problem.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,248,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What exactly was the kid supposed to do if he was being followed around and KNEW it was happening?

I'm trying to envision a scenario in which you're following me in a car, i notice it, you get out of the car at some point and approach me and i notice you're the same person that was following me in the car.....and i don't immediately start beating your ass. I can't imagine it. You're getting walloped...immediately. Right in the face as hard as i can. And i'm not gonna stop swinging until you're down on the ground.

That's kinda how it works in the real world. You don't follow someone around in a car and approach them in a hostile manner unless you're expecting an ass whipping. I mean, what world do some of you live in?
Apparently not the same world as you desertdetroiter. If I were within 100 yards of my front door I would run home lock the door and call 911 because I wouldn't know if the person following me was armed and neither would you or Trayvon Martin. It is extremely stupid to just start swinging at a complete stranger. But some people are just too dense to get that, it happens every day and yes, if you get shot it IS self defense. And if you were armed and shot the follower, you better have some kind injury or eyewitness to prove self defense. Zimmerman has both.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Why? Why should GZ have stayed in his car? Is it not his neighborhood? Does he not have the right to walk around his neighborhood? Does he not have the right to talk to a stranger in that neighborhood, to inquire as to that strangers business there?
I don't know, and I believe that to this point no one really knows, what was said between the two men, or how this escalated to a fight to the death, but I find it ludicrous that people believe the "right" thing is for people to stay in their home or vehicle, afraid to confront a potential problem.
WHERE/WHEN/HOW did that become a 'right'?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,946,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The "self defense" defense (aka Stand Your Ground) came to George Zimmerman's mind when he realized that he had killed an innocent unarmed (unless you call holding an iced tea and a bag of Skittles armed) teenager who just wanted to go home.

At that point he had two choices:

1) Admit that it was an accident, that he had used very bad judgment in the situation, he had made a fatal error in his suspicions and then risk going to prison for numerous years or...

2) Lie about Trayvon Martin (who is now dead and can not give his side of the story) attacking him and be able to walk out of the police station that same night by claiming self defense.

However, the fact that George Zimmerman apologized for killing this unarmed teen who was supposedly had inflicted "life threatening injuries" upon him (that required not medical treatment) indicates that GZ has some guilt about what he did. If someone is trying to kill you, there is no need to apologize for preserving your own life.
If you think that Zimmerman lied about being attacked, and about his injuries, how do you view the medical report that has been introduced? Here is an excerpt from the ABC News story on the matter.
Quote:
Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury
Is that not evidence that the man was being beat pretty seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies