Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,647,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
GZ appointed himself "Neighborhood Watch Captain". He did not follow the NW guilelines, however. And every time that is brought up, his apologists say he wasn't acting as a NW member.
well we also know SDIF (plus the other shill accounts) and several others here are hate posters who would be dismissed from any normal jury pool selection.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,994,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
wow. Wearing a sweatshirt and walking home at dinnertime is now a reason to be murdered?.
The last cool night we had, probably in March or April, one night I drove to Publix and passed by a couple of teenagers in hoodies, just before dark. I guess because they're rich White kids, they didn't look too "suspicious." One of the boys had the hood up, and I'm guessing he was about 16. I'm 61 and wear a hoodie in the winter on a cool night.

I heard this same baloney when I was talking to a man the other day about the case. "If I were Black, you bet I'd wear a suit and tie wherever I go." I said, "you're kidding, right?" No, he wasn't. When I see him, he's usually wearing a cotton tee and jeans. He also doesn't think a Black person should drive a luxury car like a Mercedes because there's too much of a chance he'll be pulled over by a cop. After all, Black people in expensive cars looks suspicious, right? He insists he's not prejudiced but said it's different for Black people, and they should know better.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,426,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You ignore the corroboration with the 911 call. Did you listen to it? Did you hear when the operator asks him where Trayvon is going he gets out of his truck? Did you hear him stop running and start walking back after the operator tells him he didn't need to be following?

Much of this stuff will come out if the case doesn't get dropped before trial.
I listened to it very carefully and it's my opinion that Zimmerman did NOT stop running after the dispatcher told him he didn't need to be following Trayvon. Zimmerman said "okay," and continued the breath heavily like he was still moving faster than a walk. It is totally IMPOSSIBLE to "hear" Zimmerman "start walking back." There were no cameras. It was only sound. You have no way of knowing whether he was "walking back" or "jogging forward" or in what direction he was headed, but I agree with you that he was still moving and did not stop.

I'll be waiting and watching very carefully to see/hear "this stuff come out"(as you have outlined) in the trial or immunity hearing. I won't forget.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The last cool night we had, probably in March or April, one night I drove to Publix and passed by a couple of teenagers in hoodies, just before dark. I guess because they're rich White kids, they didn't look too "suspicious." One of the boys had the hood up, and I'm guessing he was about 16. I'm 61 and wear a hoodie in the winter on a cool night.

I heard this same baloney when I was talking to a man the other day about the case. "If I were Black, you bet I'd wear a suit and tie wherever I go." I said, "you're kidding, right?" No, he wasn't. When I see him, he's usually wearing a cotton tee and jeans. He also doesn't think a Black person should drive a luxury car like a Mercedes because there's too much of a chance he'll be pulled over by a cop. After all, Black people in expensive cars looks suspicious, right? He insists he's not prejudiced but said it's different for Black people, and they should know better.
lol

Old 05-24-2012, 09:24 PM

Just to be clear, I am in no way a bleeding heart liberal (although I am from Boston! lol) and have gotten into just as many debates when people use race as an excuse.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big supporter of Al Sharpton, but he explained that

"...the Trayvon Martin story was never about convicting George Zimmerman, or about some aggravated sense of outrage at the fact that a young black man was killed, it was to hold the justice system accountable for delivering on its promise to all Americans."

[URL="http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpton-explains-his-trayvon-martin-coverage-on-msnbcs-politicsnation/"]SOURCE[/URL]

Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

The fact that people are even discussing a sweatshirt, instead of a boy who is now dead for no reason, other than he was out walking home at dinnertime, really makes me fear for the future of this country.

GZ is culpable for his actions. Maybe he wasnt profiling, but he looks like the macho type who got an adrenaline rush and jumped TM ... he should have waited for the real police, but he wanted to play tough guy with a gun...how good does that work out...if we look at stats for idiots with guns who shoot before assessing the situation, all this will be brought up in trial I hope.

I sincerely hope some of these posters don't have kids.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
HAHAHAHA Conservative?! He is one of the biggest liberals on TV actually. Did you not read my post? It states that.

He was the youngest Harvard Law professor in History? What does it take to impress you? Should he have gone to the moon too?

He doesn't work for FOX..

THE INTERVIEW WAS ON MSNBC CHRIS MATTHEWS, WHICH IS A LIBERAL NETWORK....

Stop misinforming people please.
Alan Dershowitz knows better than what he's saying in all those TV interviews!!! He's making money commenting on a high profile case, getting free publicity, staying "relevant."

Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 PM

9,167 posts, read 5,837,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Alan Dershowitz knows better than what he's saying in all those TV interviews!!! He's making money commenting on a high profile case, getting free publicity, staying "relevant."
And if he's wrong, it helps him how?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnancy View Post
that's fine with me. In fact, since i am now on "ignore" you won't see me doing this
lol!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
The fact that people are even discussing a sweatshirt, instead of a boy who is now dead for no reason, other than he was out walking home at dinnertime, really makes me fear for the future of this country.
Amen to that! One reason I've posted so much about this case is because I am outraged that so many people are blaming the victim of a shooting just because he doesn't fit their idea of the perfect teenager. Then, when we learned about Zimmerman's past problems, they keep saying "but he wasn't convicted." Was Trayvon Martin ever convicted of anything? No.
Quote:
GZ is culpable for his actions. Maybe he wasnt profiling, but he looks like the macho type who got an adrenaline rush and jumped TM ... he should have waited for the real police, but he wanted to play tough guy with a gun...how good does that work out...if we look at stats for idiots with guns who shoot before assessing the situation, all this will be brought up in trial I hope.

I sincerely hope some of these posters don't have kids.
I think GZ has emotional problems. I had to think about this for a while, but in my entire life I never knew anyone who called the police so many times. I never had any friends who chased after people they thought were suspicious looking or driving erratically. Those who keep saying "he was the NW captain" during most of those incidents are mistaken, since that group was only formed a few months before the shooting. He chased shoplifters, erratic drivers, and walked around the community watching for open garage doors and children misbehaving long before there was a NW group. It was only after he volunteered to be the NW captain in late 2011 that the calls began to increase in volume. The police reports say that all of the "suspicious persons" he reported were Blacks.

"In a March 13 request for the issuance of a capias to authorize Zimmerman's arrest, police noted that "on August 3, August 4 and October 6, 2011, and February 2, 2012, George Zimmerman reported suspicious persons, all young Black males, in the Retreat neighborhood to the Sanford Police Department. According to records checks, all of Zimmerman's suspicious persons calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified Black males as the subjects.

[URL="http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-zimmerman-hoa-newsletters-20120518,0,2949112.story"]SOURCE[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.