Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,250,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG.

It's truly hopeless. But I already knew that.
Sorry...I don't take anything serious that is posted by someone making fun of the death of a teen. Enjoy your day.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Your "scenario" is bogus. GZ never identified himself as a neighborhood watch person to Trayvon....So, you think you have the right to take someone to task for infringing on your quiet use of your neighborhood...So did Trayvon. He had the right to walk home to the apartment where he was living and to do so unmolested by an unidentified suspicious male. George didn't even know the area....That makes it suspect to me that he was even there. Trayvon was within his given rights to be where he was. George was not. Read the articles, read George's own words, He did not identify himself. Read some of the intelligent postings, rational, logical, not ranting and inciteful. We all have the right you are describing...Freedom of quiet enjoyment. That right should not be dependent on the misinterpretation of a gun wielding vigilante. Trayvon had his rights taken away at gun point. And you are welcome to George, and al the George's out there in your neighborhood...but keep your children and your teens in the house for their own safety.
Granted, this entire situation "might" have been diffused if GZ did identify himself, probably would have.

But GZ had every right to be there, same as TM. He was legally within his rights to carry a loaded weapon as well. He was also legally within his rights to watch TM whether he was part of a neighborhood watch or not. Right up until and immediately after he called 911 and voiced his suspicions about TM, neither party had done anything wrong, legally or otherwise.

The entire point of this case is what happened when the two of them confronted one another. At some point, someone committed battery upon the other. We may never know who was the first, and whether it was provoked, or who provoked whom. The fact that GZ didn't identify himself made this situation far worse than it otherwise might have been. I also seriously doubt that GZ would have confronted TM directly in such a manner without his loaded weapon. (This is all speculation and opinion on my part).

Whether TM First punched GZ for whatever reason will probably never be known. What is known is that people heard some form of argument before this fight ensued. Loud voices, etc..

There is nothing more than that we know for sure.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 AM

812 posts, read 596,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Your "scenario" is bogus. GZ never identified himself as a neighborhood watch person to Trayvon....So, you think you have the right to take someone to task for infringing on your quiet use of your neighborhood...So did Trayvon. He had the right to walk home to the apartment where he was living and to do so unmolested by an unidentified suspicious male. George didn't even know the area....That makes it suspect to me that he was even there. Trayvon was within his given rights to be where he was. George was not. Read the articles, read George's own words, He did not identify himself. Read some of the intelligent postings, rational, logical, not ranting and inciteful. We all have the right you are describing...Freedom of quiet enjoyment. That right should not be dependent on the misinterpretation of a gun wielding vigilante. Trayvon had his rights taken away at gun point. And you are welcome to George, and al the George's out there in your neighborhood...but keep your children and your teens in the house for their own safety.
Which one of those articles you are citing spoke of Trayvon being molested. If you can produce that article I will change my position right now. Please give me that child molestation evidence that made Trayvon attack him throw him to the ground and bang his head against the sidewalk. Did Zimmerman pull the gun prior to being attacked do you also have that evidence?

One more time. I have the right to live in a secure neighborhood. I have the right to resist the societal norm of someone who lives in a dysfunctional neighborhood from bringing that dysfunction to my neighborhood. From the thugs that have no parents to supervise them peddling drugs in my neighborhood.

There is only one reason I can think of why Z shot T. Can you think of that reason or will your blind prejudices keep you from getting there? I will not surrender my neighborhood to a bunch of thugs whether they be black whit or polka dot. I pay taxes and I have worked hard and deserve a secure neighborhood. If that means I have to hire a Z or support a Z so be it. If you are not mature enough to realize all neighborhoods are not subject to the law of the jungle then you need parents to supervise you. Not just to know where you are but to teach you how to act and when not to react.

I will tell you one more time. If Z did so much as lay a fatherly hand on T then Z should spend the rest of his life in jail. If no one can determine that happened he should be set free. There is nothing hard about this but preconceived prejudices.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Great post, JanND!!!

Can't rep you; I have to spread it around...

Too often, people who expect and feel they deserve to live their lives in peace don't extend that courtesy to others. It's all about 'me'.
It's o.k. You can rep me. I love your handle "where the weak are killed and eaten". It is so poignant regards what I am saying here. Please keep your where the weak are killed and eaten in Jewerzy where it belongs.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And, if zimmerman had SAID any of the above to Martin, there would be no dead teenager.

Zimmerman silently stalked Martin; Martin tried to defend himself.
I think you are engaging in wild eyed speculation. I think this is the way T was brought up to do business. Not in a hundred years would my son have acted that way and he has a third degree black belt.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Your analysis would be pretty good if the defense never x-examines state witnesses or calls its own.
How do you cross examine a video or audio tape? Do you think the defense will call Zimmerman to refute that evidence?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Granted, this entire situation "might" have been diffused if GZ did identify himself, probably would have.

But GZ had every right to be there, same as TM. He was legally within his rights to carry a loaded weapon as well. He was also legally within his rights to watch TM whether he was part of a neighborhood watch or not. Right up until and immediately after he called 911 and voiced his suspicions about TM, neither party had done anything wrong, legally or otherwise.

The entire point of this case is what happened when the two of them confronted one another. At some point, someone committed battery upon the other. We may never know who was the first, and whether it was provoked, or who provoked whom. The fact that GZ didn't identify himself made this situation far worse than it otherwise might have been. I also seriously doubt that GZ would have confronted TM directly in such a manner without his loaded weapon. (This is all speculation and opinion on my part).

Whether TM First punched GZ for whatever reason will probably never be known. What is known is that people heard some form of argument before this fight ensued. Loud voices, etc..

There is nothing more than that we know for sure.
Well, there is circumstantial evidence. We don't have to have direct evidence of everything.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post

One more time. I have the right to live in a secure neighborhood. I have the right to resist the societal norm of someone who lives in a dysfunctional neighborhood from bringing that dysfunction to my neighborhood. From the thugs that have no parents to supervise them peddling drugs in my neighborhood.

So self defense is a major topic of interest in the family business? Zimmerman will have to prove self defense in his trial whether you like it or not. You opinion that it was self defense does not make it so. You will find out what a jury thinks when this case goes to trial.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So self defense is a major topic of interest in the family business? Zimmerman will have to prove self defense in his trial whether you like it or not. You opinion that it was self defense does not make it so. You will find out what a jury thinks when this case goes to trial.
Thank you for understanding that yes we will find out won't we. Let's just hope we don't have an OJ jury that would be unfair to send a man to jail for racial bigotry wouldn't it?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Thank you for understanding that yes we will find out won't we. Let's just hope we don't have an OJ jury that would be unfair to send a man to jail for racial bigotry wouldn't it?

The irony - according to most, OJ got away with murder. He wasn't sent to jail for racial bigotry, but if you mean the type of jury who lets someone get away with muderer due to botched police investigations, evidence tampering and their own personal bias, I agree. I see there are still idiots in here calling a dead teenage boy names and laughing about a human life gone so prematurely. Once again, I am disgusted. Some people are just purely evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.