Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
And you're suggesting that Zimmerman was "creepily following someone around" when you have no evidence to support such a thing. In fact, in the 911 call I heard, I thought Zimmerman was sitting in his non moving car, telling the police dispatcher that the guy he thought looked like he was on something was coming towards him, and that it was only after that guy (Martin) turned and went someplace else that Zimmerman got out of the car & followed.
No. You're wrong. That's not what happened. He was following him in a car. Martin noticed him.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
You know the very same people who are posting this nonsense would have an entirely different perception if they were followed/pursued in this manner.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Being concerned is fine -- call the police. He did. They advised him what he needed to do and what he didn't need to do.

Walking out of your own house to greet someone as they're walking by is fine. Following them around in your car while they're walking on a sidewalk, however, is quite different. People know when they're being followed. Being followed makes people feel uneasy. It's common sense stuff, really. The last thing you want to do in that situation is get out of a car and chase after them on foot -- with a loaded firearm.

Seriously, common sense, folks. Common sense.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
I think the constitution's 1st ammendment does say you have the right to talk and walk about freely. In what way do you think it could possibly be illegal to talk to someone or to walk around in your neighborhood?

That's not it in a nutshell. How are you and so many others able to tell us what GZ was thinking? Sorry, I don't believe in psychics. You're making assumptions by saying what GZ's thinking and even when you say that GZ approached TM. According to GZ, TM attacked him when he was on his way back to his vehicle. Since TM was within a couple hundred feet of his house and could have been inside, it SEEMS likely that GZ is telling the truth about that at least. But the fact it, we don't know and all the people who keep saying "this is what happened and this is what the people were thinking" are just blowing smoke.
It doesn't require a belief in psychics; it requires a belief in common sense. Like the same kind of common sense that says walking barefoot in a barn full of cowsh*t is a bad idea -- that kind of common sense. You could argue that walking barefoot is more comfortable and that you have the right to do it; but it's still a bad idea. That's all we're asking for here.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
[quote=Lucario;24393164]Only on forums such as this do people so passionately defend a killer. "Injustice to Zimmerman." How about the injustice done by this man, who initiated a confrontation with a 17-year-old and then killed him?

And you wonder why black people say our lives mean nothing in this society.[/quote]

Affirmative action...works for you not me...

Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No evidence? Have you been under a rock? GZ admitted to the dispatcher (not 911, mind you) that he was following Trayvon. He would not give the dispatcher his location, indicating intent to keep on following.
Zimmerman did not say he had been following Martin. During the call, Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin was coming toward him. A few seconds later he said that he's running, and that's when Zimmerman followed. And the transcript I read didn't suggest that Zimmerman refused to give his location because he intended to follow.
Quote:
OK, what’s your apartment number?
Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]
To me, that looks like he's worried the kid will hear his address, and he doesn't want that.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. You're wrong. That's not what happened. He was following him in a car. Martin noticed him.
Please share with me, as I have clearly missed it, the source of this very relevant fact.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 AM

180 posts, read 202,710 times
Quote:
I'm right, you're wrong.

The end.
Saying an opinion doesn't make it a fact, even if you are a psychic.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times
Quote:
I don't give a damn how many break-in's you've had. That has NOTHING to do with the kid. You can watch him all you want. But if you get in a car and follow him and he notices you, then you later jump out of the car and approach him, you deserve to get your ass beat. You're asking for just that.
And if you assault someone with a gun you deserve to get shot. You are asking for just that.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Zimmerman did not say he had been following Martin. During the call, Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin was coming toward him. A few seconds later he said that he's running, and that's when Zimmerman followed. And the transcript I read didn't suggest that Zimmerman refused to give his location because he intended to follow.

To me, that looks like he's worried the kid will hear his address, and he doesn't want that.
You conveniently left off these parts:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

GZ: Yeah
. . . .

After agreeing to meet by the mailboxes:

GZ: Actually, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?

Dispatcher: OK, yeah, that's no problem.

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

Talk about cherry-picking! Fortunately, by now, most of us know this stuff.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
And if you assault someone with a gun you deserve to get shot. You are asking for just that.
Are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies