Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
He was "defending" his neighbor's property and his life was never threatened.

Studies show that the rate of violent crime has decreased over the past 20 years to the level it was in 1963. However, the public does not seem "get" this apparently.

"The data point to a persistent perception gap among Americans. Despite strong evidence of crime dropping over recent decades, the public sees the reverse. "Recent Gallup polls have found that citizens overwhelmingly feel crime is going up even though it is not," says Professor Fox."

US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now. - CSMonitor.com

That has nothing to do with the syg law at all! Actually murder has gone up because of it

Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I wonder if the clerk at 7-Eleven can or will be called to testify, since TM bought the iced tea and candy just minutes before he was shot. You can see in the surveillance video that they chatted for a few seconds. So he would know if TM was acting strangely, wouldn't he?
Stop it! Your logical thinking will make some of these nutcases head to explode!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
It doesn't matter what he was doing in regards to neighborhood watch. As a citizen he had a right to be there in his neighborhood on private property.

The prosecutor also admits they don't know who started the altercation, but the EVIDENCE and witness statements corroborate to show that Trayvon was on top of GZ hitting him and this evidence would most definitely have to be considered.

Do you think Zimmerman slammed his own head into the sidewalk? Punched himself up?
Fine. Then quit talk about GZ trying to "protect his neighborhood", blah, blah, blah. This is getting old.

I don't know what EVIDENCE you are talking about. The witness statements are contradictory. Sme witnesses have contradicted themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
But in this case the area were getting robbed by all black young men. That is called a description.
So when a young unknown black man is running around the grounds during a rain, they wonder who he is, does he have a reason to be there or is he there to burglarize someone.

Happens elsewhere with young white kids as well. But in this case it was blacks.
WRONG!!! Some of the suspects were 'young black men'. Not ALL of them.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Really? Most whites know better than walking or even driving through a black neighborhood.....
Actually, as a visiting nurse/public health nurse, I've walked and driven through many a black/latino community, and I am white.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, as a visiting nurse/public health nurse, I've walked and driven through many a black/latino community, and I am white.
Ditto, except that I worked in one hospital in an urban, all black neighborhood,
and then in a hospital in a racially mixed community located in a primarily Hispanic neighborhood. As I've said before, the only problem I had in either job was with an older, white CNA.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Isn't that bank account a legal defense fund, not personal wealth? The point of bail/bond is to make provision that a defendant will not flee or that if he does flee, the county's cost of pursuit will be offset. If the bond is paid out of a legal defense fund and not out of a defendant's own resources or those of his family, the whole business gets a bit murky in my mind. GZ's personal assets are not at risk except for the $15,000 in excess of the $135,000 in the fund. (Odd how those numbers work out.) Also, the legal work has been ongoing, so there likely was not $135,000 available in the account.

I don't know how these things work under the law. Looking for an answer.

It would be interesting to know the content of the conversation between GZ and Mrs. Z.
This is nothing more than a political put up for a judge and prosecutor and it looks like as attnybis is in on the back room deal that will keep the black kkk and the political magic negroes out of Stanford.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I am not sure if y'all are joking but it was a play on 'yahoo' with other internet terms, Safari (Apple's browser), Bing (Microsoft search engine), Google (search engine etc)
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-04-2012 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM

I see that noone has mentioned his extra passport after turning in the expired one. Hmmmm is our man zim a possible flight risk?

Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Thanks for the help. We are in an intellectual desert here, thanks.
I wouldn't call knowing the names of browsers 'intellectual'...lol

If that's your standard, however...

Old 06-04-2012, 02:30 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I see that noone has mentioned his extra passport after turning in the expired one. Hmmmm is our man zim a possible flight risk?
Not today he isn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies