Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,217,117 times

Advertisements

The posts in this thread are getting beyond idiotic....

Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,810,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
George Zimmerman has been arrested numerous times for assaulting a police officer and for domestice violence. Are you really calling that "law abiding"?

What does "numerous" mean to you?
Once, twice?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:48 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
'arrested numerous times' ? I counted once. And we know what Judge Lester said about the original charges in that case. If 'speeding' goes on a list indicating a person's 'aggressive' personality, smells of desperation.
Prior to this case, he was arrested twice. Neither was for speeding.

Quote:
Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

Old 06-05-2012, 11:48 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I believe the original investigation which showed no crime. I believe the original stories of the witnesses who saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman, I believe the medical reports which showed Zimmerman was beaten. The media has been deliberately deceptive and dishonest in their reporting.

Quote:
I don't believe anything I read in the media about this anymore. I wouldn't put manufacturing evidence past the state here.
It seems as if you are cherrypicking the news reports to reinforce your notion that Zimmerman was within his rights in killing Martin under the SYG law. Very well, but do keep in mind that the police did not file charges originally because they believed Zimmerman's statement that he was only defending himself. His credibility is very suspect now.

Also, as far as we know, none of the witnesses that saw Martin beating Zimmerman saw who initiated the fight. One could have the opinion that Zimmerman, although empowered by the weapon he possessed, had the misfortune to assault an individual with far superior fighting skills, who was in the process of giving Zimmerman a well-deserved whipping before the fatal shot was administered.

Even though Zimmerman may not be convicted, I don't see him as a winner. Based upon his history, he may even screw up again in the future, ala O.J. Simpson, and return to jail for an unrelated crime. No, the real winner is the NRA, which is raking in the membership fees, especially in the SYG states. George will never really be free, as he has a target on his back for the crazies that would take justice in their own hands. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
George Zimmerman has been arrested numerous times for assaulting a police officer and for domestice violence. Are you really calling that "law abiding"?

U.S. News - Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer
You might want to read the article you linked. It indicates he was arrested once, for pushing someone that was confronting a friend of his in a bar. The person he pushed was an out of uniform, off duty cop.

Both Z and his ex filed mutual restraining orders. I have seen nothing (and nothing in your link) indicates he was arrested.

And speeding? BSNBC REALLY was desperate to sling crap.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,217,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
It seems as if you are cherrypicking the news reports to reinforce your notion that Zimmerman was within his rights in killing Martin under the SYG law. Very well, but do keep in mind that the police did not file charges originally because they believed Zimmerman's statement that he was only defending himself. His credibility is very suspect now.

Also, as far as we know, none of the witnesses that saw Martin beating Zimmerman saw who initiated the fight. One could have the opinion that Zimmerman, although empowered by the weapon he possessed, had the misfortune to assault an individual with far superior fighting skills, who was in the process of giving Zimmerman a well-deserved whipping before the fatal shot was administered.

Even though Zimmerman may not be convicted, I don't see him as a winner. Based upon his history, he may even screw up again in the future, ala O.J. Simpson, and return to jail for an unrelated crime. No, the real winner is the NRA, which is raking in the membership fees, especially in the SYG states. George will never really be free, as he has a target on his back for the crazies that would take justice in their own hands. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
Do you understand that you contradict yourself? Either Zimmerman feared for his life and was getting beat up or he wasn't. They police had corroborating evidence to Zimmerman's story, witness, and documented wounds that led them to not file charges.

Fact is, if Zimmerman feared for his life and was getting beaten from above while TM slammed his head, the shooting is justified and he gets off.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you understand that you contradict yourself? Either Zimmerman feared for his life and was getting beat up or he wasn't. They police had corroborating evidence to Zimmerman's story, witness, and documented wounds that led them to not file charges.

Fact is, if Zimmerman feared for his life and was getting beaten from above while TM slammed his head, the shooting is justified and he gets off.
Where is the contradiction?

1. Zimmerman was getting beaten.

2. Zimmerman, no doubt, feared for his life.

3. His story of self-defense was the main reason that no charges were filed.

4. AFAIK, not one witness has come forward that saw the initial confrontation, which is key here.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM

812 posts, read 595,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
You made the example of someone committing a crime and then being followed. That did not happen here.

Even a simpleton such as myself can see how that would not be applicable in this case.
What you and others do not understand is that it does not matter what happened up to the last five seconds before any physical contact. None of it matters and you will eventually learn that. All the prognostications and imaginations of the wanna be pretend lawyers posting here will not change that. In fact they are demonstrating childlike pretentiousness. The next big story they could be pretend astronauts I suppose

Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Fact is, if Trayvon Martin feared for his life and therefore used every once of strength in his body to defend himself against his stalker/attacker who probably had bandished his weapon at Trayvin Martin in an attempt to get him to stop. The shooting is therefore a murder.

Trayvon Martin was standing HIS ground against a man with a gun and a known criminal record.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You might want to read the article you linked. It indicates he was arrested once, for pushing someone that was confronting a friend of his in a bar. The person he pushed was an out of uniform, off duty cop.

Both Z and his ex filed mutual restraining orders. I have seen nothing (and nothing in your link) indicates he was arrested.

And speeding? BSNBC REALLY was desperate to sling crap.
Guess you are ignoring post 5778. Other articles say that the cop identified himself as such. He was arrested twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies