Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:27 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why is it so hard for "you people" to understand that this case is more complex than you would like it to be? Have you called up Zimmerman's attorney yet to give him the benefit of your legal analysis? He seems to be in the dark, according to you, even though he went to law school, passed the Florida Bar exam, and has been a successful practicing attorney for many years. Certainly he would be so delighted to hear that you have the whole matter legally resolved.
The same can be said about some of the IAmTrayvon's who've insisted that gz is guilty because he had a gun, followed tm, and may have instigated the confrontation.

They seem more unable to grasp the complexity of the case.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So you're saying that in spite of the PROOF that networks altered pretty much everything about the story, you STILL believe them.

That's some kind of fog you're living in.
Meanwhile people like yourself are still sending this possible flight risk money eventhough he has virtually no creditabilty with the judge. But yet you claim that everyone else is in a fog....go figure

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Any check that I write would bounce - don't you understand what I mean by "bad check"?

Why would ask someone with little funds to support a murder suspect? Ask the rich people - not me.
You can send me cash, then. I promise I'll put it in Trayvon's account!

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why does the utter stupidity and complete contradiction in these 2 ludicrous statements not surprise me, considering the source?

And they wonder why we laugh at them!
There is no contradiction. Violent crime rates are down to 1963 levels. That's a fact. So-called justifiable homicides in Florida have zoomed up to three times higher than they were prior to enactment of SYG law in 2005. That's a fact.

Violent crime rates are DOWN. The public generally does not believe that FACT. The public has great fear of criminals doing more crime, that there is much more violent crime being committed than there is; therefore, the public supports politicians who push for stand your ground laws based on an illusion that there is so much crime they need the "protection" of SYG laws.

The Zimmerman case is a good example of a member of the public who is looking for crime and criminals everywhere, and "finding it" where none existed; provoking an incident where he killed an innocent kid. That seems to be an absolute perversion of even the SYG law.

Are you calling me stupid? Again, pretty rude.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
This is the point you people can't get through your impenetrable sculls. It doesn't matter. Even with verbal provocation you cannot jump on someone and beat the hell out of them even if they follow you down the street yelling your mother wife daughter is a hoe. Why is that so hard for you to understand. My god the simplicity a simpleton should understand.

You made the example of someone committing a crime and then being followed. That did not happen here.

Even a simpleton such as myself can see how that would not be applicable in this case.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The same can be said about some of the IAmTrayvon's who've insisted that gz is guilty because he had a gun, followed tm, and may have instigated the confrontation.

They seem more unable to grasp the complexity of the case.
I haven't seen many people insisting that gz is guilty. I've seen people countering that Trayvon was "a thug, a thugett, was probably up to no good" and deserved to die because there was a fight, etc. I've seen people supporting that the case should go to trial, which does indicate a grasp of the complexity of the case.

Maybe you could point me in the direction of the posts that insist that gz is guilty. I know there have been some, but I remember seeing very few like that.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,692,780 times
George Zimmerman is being railroaded. The news media is still showing photos of George Z from many years ago when he was overweight and unshaven. The only thing that is missing is the black hat. At the same time they are showing photos of Martin at age 10. America was surprised when the video of Martin was aired and Martin towered over the store clerk at 6'3".

Martin was on the football team and in condition for that sport. Martin had appartently had some kind of martial arts training. Martin was suspended from his school for drugs. Was that using or selling? Martin was high the night of his demise. Martin was urged by his girlfriend to run, he refused. Martin had a cell phone and could have called police, he did not. Instead Martin decided to attack the smaller white guy with martial art blows and then bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete. George Z had no other choice other than to shoot. Martin was the instrument of his own death.

George Z is a law abiding citizen who was trying to protect his neighborhood and was forced to shot a person he thought was suspicious. Wouldn't you consider a person walking in Florida late at night with a hoodie pulled over his head, sunglasses, and walking behind the homes instead of in front of them suspicious?

George Z did the right thing. It is unfortunate that a death resulted but Martin had many options but instead decided on confrontation and lost.

George Z needs to be freed.

BTW, Mrs. Martin provided to photos of her son from early years. Why did she do that? Why does the news media keep showing these same erroneous pictures when they know those photos are childhood photos?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The media in general went way beyond transparency. Why choose this case to begin with ? Because a 'white' man with a gun killed a black youth. A mugshot murdered an unarmed black child who looked like a cherub barely old enough to be out at night. There was the racist SPD angle. The supposed no charges because gz's influential father met with the prosecutor on the night of the killing. The cops never took gz's clothes. Tm's tox test was clean. The supposed 'f'in coon' on the 911 call. Audio experts who knew tm was yelling for help. Editing of the 911 call. gz suffered no injuries. Until a newspaper found tm's school suspensions, an angel. An angle that many still believe--- that the investigation was over. Many more.

The media in general promoted the view that a white racist armed vigilante is guilty of murder and was forever free with the help of racist cops and prosecutor.
Are you getting mixed up between some of the things which have been said here on CD and what was actually reported by the media?

And again, do you believe the SA filed charges without sufficient evidence, in her opinion, to support a conviction? Let me emphasize, IN HER OPINION.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
George Zimmerman is being railroaded. The news media is still showing photos of George Z from many years ago when he was overweight and unshaven. The only thing that is missing is the black hat. At the same time they are showing photos of Martin at age 10. America was surprised when the video of Martin was aired and Martin towered over the store clerk at 6'3".

Martin was on the football team and in condition for that sport. Martin had appartently had some kind of martial arts training. Martin was suspended from his school for drugs. Was that using or selling? Martin was high the night of his demise. Martin was urged by his girlfriend to run, he refused. Martin had a cell phone and could have called police, he did not. Instead Martin decided to attack the smaller white guy with martial art blows and then bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete. George Z had no other choice other than to shoot. Martin was the instrument of his own death.

George Z is a law abiding citizen who was trying to protect his neighborhood and was forced to shot a person he thought was suspicious. Wouldn't you consider a person walking in Florida late at night with a hoodie pulled over his head, sunglasses, and walking behind the homes instead of in front of them suspicious?

George Z did the right thing. It is unfortunate that a death resulted but Martin had many options but instead decided on confrontation and lost.

BTW, Mrs. Martin provided to photos of her son from early years. Why did she do that? Why does the news media keep showing these same erroneous pictures when they know those photos are childhood photos?
Please go back a few hundred pages in this thread and start reading. You're woeful behind on the facts about this case.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

The last time Zimmerman was booked into jail he was 5'8" and weighed 185#. Trayvon Martin was 5'11" and 158# at autopsy. Martin had not played football for some time, I believe middle school. So what if he had martial arts training? GZ had a GUN! Martin was suspended for having a bag with marijuana residue in it. That info came out at least a month ago, yet you're asking now? Apparently you haven't been following the case, yet you know exactly what happened.

George Zimmerman, for the umpteenth time, was NOT acting in any Neighborhod Watch capacity. He was on his way to Target with a loaded gun.

It was not late at night; it wasn't even 7:30 PM. It was raining. I have never heard anything about Trayvon wearing sunglasses, and the video from the 7-11 store contradicts such an assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies