Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 AM

18,481 posts, read 15,277,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Thank you for that. I am fortunate to not have needed such organizations but do know others that have.
I know this is not pc but God bless you and your colleagues for being generous with your gifts and services and providing for those in need.
You're very welcome. But don't forget to thank the "evil" wealthy individuals and corporations who donate so much money to help us do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,769,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You're very welcome. But don't forget to thank the "evil" wealthy individuals and corporations who donate so much money to help us do this.
I won't. And I never think of them as evil. I have nothing against the wealthy. They owe me nothing. .

Old 04-22-2012, 09:06 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,302,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The contents of the letter he sent to obama:

Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ring tone.

While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"

During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses.

Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me."

A patient walks into an ER and the attending physician pays more attention to the patients clothing and ring tone, enough to make it a point in his letter. I didn't see any mention of the patient's illness or symptoms. I guess we know where the doctor's priorities are. Too bad he didn't list the hospital he works at so we could all avoid it like the plague

Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,653 times
Default Black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This doctor needs to shut the hell up and do his job or quit. Nobody wants to hear his whining about some black woman and what he thinks. I'm sure she didn't just start going to the ER in January 2009. Tell the bigot to get out of the medical field. Who needs him.

I'm sure he treats plenty of country music Medicaid patients also. He should worry about them.
Talk about a bigot! The OP never said what race this person was!!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM

18,481 posts, read 15,277,575 times
Quote:
I won't. And I never think of them as evil. I have nothing against the wealthy. They owe me nothing. .
It wasn't aimed at you.
We appreciate all the donors. Especially the ones who don't have a lot of money . But the fact of the matter is, without our big corporate donations, we would be in big trouble.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Talk about a bigot! The OP never said what race this person was!!
True. A racist will jump to the assumption that the doctor is white. But the racist could be very very wrong.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It wasn't aimed at you.
We appreciate all the donors. Especially the ones who don't have a lot of money . But the fact of the matter is, without our big corporate donations, we would be in big trouble.
I know that. I understood.

I am one that doesn't have money but will always donate either the change in my pocket or my time.
There are always those less fortunate than I am.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
And any doctor worth their salt will not turn a kid with cancer away.
Their are many many organizations set up for these situations.

Are you saying that it's more the republicans' fault that the kid doesn't get treated or the doctors that say "sorry, you can't pay so you die" while they go home to their own lavish lifestyles. Hypocritical?
You don't know squat about health care if you think that.

These "many organizations" do not help everyone in need. Most, in fact, provide very limited help, say transportation or a place to stay when your child is hospitalized (Ronald McDonald House), and so on. Surely you have read the many posts by charolastra00 who has cancer and how she has tried and tried to get some extra help to no avail. Not to mention, you were talking about "I have seen entire counties come together as well as churches, etc in massive fundraising efforts to help families like this." " In other words, fund raising such as benefit dinners, golf tournaments, running races, tupperware parties, and so on.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You don't know squat about health care if you think that.

These "many organizations" do not help everyone in need. Most, in fact, provide very limited help, say transportation or a place to stay when your child is hospitalized (Ronald McDonald House), and so on. Surely you have read the many posts by charolastra00 who has cancer and how she has tried and tried to get some extra help to no avail. Not to mention, you were talking about "I have seen entire counties come together as well as churches, etc in massive fundraising efforts to help families like this." " In other words, fund raising such as benefit dinners, golf tournaments, running races, tupperware parties, and so on.
You can guffaw at these efforts all you want and I stand by my position. The doctors communities that just say sorry you can't pay so you die are the ones at fault. Not the evil rich.

These efforts are worth it. Do you do anything for these people?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
You can guffaw at these efforts all you want and I stand by my position. The doctors communities that just say sorry you can't pay so you die are the ones at fault. Not the evil rich.

These efforts are worth it. Do you do anything for these people?
Getting a little personal aren't you? I believe that is against the TOS! The answer is yes. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies