Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why are teenagers out there breaking into other people's houses at 4 am? Where are their parents?
Yes, someone needs to go to their parents homes and shoot them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You seem to be a little confused. Nobody is defending this girl's actions. She was obviously committing a crime; however, that does not excuse the shooters actions. If he felt he or someone else's life was reasonably in danger...fine. But shooting someone to protect property, I just can't go along with that.
I'm not confused at all, she got shot by doing something stupid which was also against the law, she is a victim of her own actions. If I break into someones property I know I could be killed for my actions, if I continue then I have accepted that risk. She would not have been shot if she would have not been there in the first place. Nobody can predict what a victims actions will be because you don't know what the shooter was thinking or feeling at the time. Personal responsibility.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Breaking and entering. A crime was being committed. Should the men have stopped them to ask their ages first ?

Burglars caught in the act.
They should have not shot at them. As the law prohibits.

What don't you get about obeying the law?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It has to do with people nonchalantly killing other people and the idiots in this thread who are calling a teenage girl scum and saying that she was stupid so she deserved to die, because she broke into a fishing camp. Based on some of the comments in here, you'd think at least a third of the posters in this forum have never made a mistake in their entire lives. Again, if people were executed because they made bad decisions, there wouldn't be very many humans if any at all.
I've never broken into someone else's house. Didn't want to get shot. Which is what might happen if I did that at 4am.

She wasn't making a bad decision, she was committing a crime.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why are people so anxious to shoot their gun off?

Summer Moody given less than 1 percent chance of survival after emergency surgery | al.com

MOBILE, Alabama -- Four days after being shot, 17-year-old Summer Moody was given a less than 1 percent chance of survival after her condition worsened Wednesday night, a family spokesman said today.
Moody was shot in the back of the head at about 4 a.m. Sunday, while she and three other teens were on Gravine Island.

The three teens who were with Moody on Sunday, Scott Byrd and Dillion Tyree of Stapleton and Daniel Parnell of Bay Minette, have been charged with first-degree burglary.

Earlier this week, Sheriff Huey Hoss Mack said the three are charged with breaking into two fishing camps on the island. Mack said two men on the island heard the teens and each fired one shot. One of the bullets hit Moody. No one else was injured in the incident.
It was breaking and entering into 2 camps. How were the men to know ?
A 17 year old should know that breaking the law could get you killed.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Irony.
Why is it ironic if I don't care that you die?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm not confused at all, she got shot by doing something stupid which was also against the law, she is a victim of her own actions. If I break into someones property I know I could be killed for my actions, if I continue then I have accepted that risk. She would not have been shot if she would have not been there in the first place. Nobody can predict what a victims actions will be because you don't know what the shooter was thinking or feeling at the time. Personal responsibility.

Notice how this guy, can't bring himself to mention even the possibility that those who shot here committed manslaughter?

He's wiped it out of his brain, because he want's kids to die for breaking into unoccupied fishing camps.

Your' right wing Christians in action. No better than Al Queda.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:09 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Try to put yourself in the fishermen's situation for a moment. You're asleep in your fishing camp. You hear a noise that wakes you. You don't see one person, you see several people (dark shapes more likely) trying to break in, camp probably doesn't have a working telephone or cell phone signal and you're probably a long way away from the police. How clear are you thinking at 4 am? How would you react in the above situation. We here have the luxury of being able to think clearly as to what we might do but unless we were in this exact same situation, none of us truly knows how we would react. People react differently in emergency situations. Virtually every person serving on a Navy ship is trained to fight fires. Even with the training, there are still people who freeze or panic when the real fire happens. You all know what you would think you would do but that doesn't mean it's what you would have done.

As to what was in the camp worth stealing? Maybe a truck, boat, boat trailer, wallets, cash, credit cards, or maybe illegal drugs. We don't know. Maybe in their mental state at the time they feared for their lives which is more valuable than the above. How much light could the men have had? Could they have been firing off warning shots not knowing exactly where the intruders were and accidentally hit the girl in the head?

I think the men should face charges. Regardless of the situation, what they did was wrong. However, I don't feel pity for the girl. She was engaged in criminal activity. She didn't deserve to get shot but she shouldn't have been committing a felony at 4 am. Living in Alabama, those kids should know that people who fish are very likely to also hunt and that means guns, something else they could have wanted to steal.

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why are people so anxious to shoot their gun off?

Summer Moody given less than 1 percent chance of survival after emergency surgery | al.com

MOBILE, Alabama -- Four days after being shot, 17-year-old Summer Moody was given a less than 1 percent chance of survival after her condition worsened Wednesday night, a family spokesman said today.
Moody was shot in the back of the head at about 4 a.m. Sunday, while she and three other teens were on Gravine Island.

The three teens who were with Moody on Sunday, Scott Byrd and Dillion Tyree of Stapleton and Daniel Parnell of Bay Minette, have been charged with first-degree burglary.

Earlier this week, Sheriff Huey Hoss Mack said the three are charged with breaking into two fishing camps on the island. Mack said two men on the island heard the teens and each fired one shot. One of the bullets hit Moody. No one else was injured in the incident.
what you call a tragedy, some call a cause for celebration. They call themsevles Christian

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
At 4am it is pitch black dark. I doubt the shooter could tell that the burglars were running away. It sounds like a tragic accident as far as the shooter actually hitting the girl in the back of the head. He was most likely just shooting at the area where he heard movement. We also don't know if this fishing camp had been previously been robbed, making the residents concerned for their safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies