Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering what we could have done with the 4 trillion plus spent on the wars in the middle east? We argue about food stamps and helping our own, where is the outrage on the 4 trillion....personally I would rather give that to the gsa, rather waste the money here in america. Obama didn't start these wars he needs to pull em' out. Everyone diverts attention away from this subject.

What would you do with 4 trillion to help america?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Government does nothing wisely.
I'd have the 4 trillion stay in the private sector economy, rather than have it redistributed by the crooks in DC.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Well...we might very well have spent more than that repairing the damage after more attacks like 9/11 if we hadn't gone after al Queda and their Taliban supporters.

As for Iraq? Well, that was probably money we could have saved.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
I was just wondering what we could have done with the 4 trillion plus spent on the wars in the middle east? We argue about food stamps and helping our own, where is the outrage on the 4 trillion....personally I would rather give that to the gsa, rather waste the money here in america. Obama didn't start these wars he needs to pull em' out. Everyone diverts attention away from this subject.

What would you do with 4 trillion to help america?
Where's the proof that $4 Trillion was spent on wars in the Middle East? That's not a number that i've seen thrown around by anyone other than far left websites. Any actual/factual data to back it up?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where's the proof that $4 Trillion was spent on wars in the Middle East? That's not a number that i've seen thrown around by anyone other than far left websites. Any actual/factual data to back it up?
Read much? Thats a well known fact....just because you refuse to believe it doesnt make it far left

What The Money Spent In Iraq And Afghanistan Could Have Bought At Home In America - Business Insider

Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Well...we might very well have spent more than that repairing the damage after more attacks like 9/11 if we hadn't gone after al Queda and their Taliban supporters.

As for Iraq? Well, that was probably money we could have saved.
I agree...the afghanistan war will be a bust to though. I could justify special op or air attacks, but for me the rest was a waste, and yes I support the troops they did what they were asked.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Read much? Thats a well known fact....just because you refuse to believe it doesnt make it far left

What The Money Spent In Iraq And Afghanistan Could Have Bought At Home In America - Business Insider
I read the article and the source links, and all I could find that was definitive is that war is expensive. No one seems to be able to nail down how much the two wars have cost. Basically, it costs alot, we all know it, but no one knows a number to put on it. That's why so many numbers have been put forth because no one can nail it down. The Liberal Left have latched onto a number that suits their agenda. Of course it would be the highest of the potential numbers. That's how they operate.

Further, there's really no point in trying to discuss what "could have been done" with the money spent on Iraq and Afghanistan. Those wars were funded off of borrowed money, so in order to rightfully assign a "what if" scenario, you'd have to assume that we'd borrow that same amount of money in order to accomplish domestic programs. I don't think anyone anywhere believes that Congress would borrow $4T to spend on schools, roads, etc in a 10 year period.

It's a good rainbow and skittles discussion, I suppose, but I don't think it reflects reality.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Its too bad America doesn't have a lot of a carbon based fuel resource readily available here so that we wouldn't have to trade the lives of young Americans for barrels of oil in anti-American Muslim nations.

I thought Obama was a Nobel Peace Prize winning peace-monger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies