Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,756,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Is that what happened?? Do you know that to be a fact? Do you KNOW anything that actually occurred or is this JUST YOUR OPINION? You know what they say about opinions..
I know that a 17-year-old kid is dead, that George Zimmerman killed him, and that the cops specifically told George Zimmerman not to get out of his car before any of this happened.

You got anything to refute that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
There is a certain element within our society that is actively looking for any excuse to riot. If it isn't over this trial, it will be something else. It may be in Florida, NY, Ca or virtually anywhere. It isn't all blacks but also disinfranchised people of all races. This county is sitting on a powder keg and it is being manipulated to explode.

^
Exhibit A.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,958,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I know that a 17-year-old kid is dead, that George Zimmerman killed him, and that the cops specifically told George Zimmerman not to get out of his car before any of this happened.

You got anything to refute that?
I know that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. I know that I am not foolish enough to speculate or to pre judge anyone. I know that Mr. Zimmerman is entitled to a fair trial by our constitution. I know that making grand prounouncements of someone elses guilt has a habit of backfiring. I also know YOU weren't there and really have no idea of what occurred. I know that you are speculating on what you "THINK" happened. I know that Mr. Zimmerman may be guilty. I also know he may just as well be innocent.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I know that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. I know that I am not foolish enough to speculate or to pre judge anyone. I know that Mr. Zimmerman is entitled to a fair trial by our constitution. I know that making grand prounouncements of someone elses guilt has a habit of backfiring. I also know YOU weren't there and really have no idea of what occurred. I know that you are speculating on what you "THINK" happened. I know that Mr. Zimmerman may be guilty. I also know he may just as well be innocent.
Well, I dunno.........I just know he DID kill someone.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I dunno.........I just know he DID kill someone.
That's right, he did... Under our law, there are justifications under certain circumstances to take someones life. THe only question is did he have justification? I wasn't there. I don't know. That is why we have courts.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
That's right, he did... Under our law, there are justifications under certain circumstances to take someones life. THe only question is did he have justification? I wasn't there. I don't know. That is why we have courts.
And they only made the move to try him in court reluctantly, after much pressure.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,483,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Racist like that are miserable. When they realize that Black people could care less about what they think they realize how stupid they look.
That's exactly what the problem is and this care less attitude is what is on display with African Americans. They don't care about themselves, their fellow man or being courteous etc.

Oh well since African Americans don't care what others think does that mean we won't hear them whining about racial profiling?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
And they only made the move to try him in court reluctantly, after much pressure.
More like threats. That's no way to run a country. America is better than that, arresting people because of public pressure is something 3rd world countries and banana republics do.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It could be that they don't have enough evidence to win a conviction in the case. I don't know, I'm not the DA in Sanford. I have no idea what evidence was collected at the scene and I don't know if that evidence condemns or Zimmerman or not. Are you privy to some information that the rest of us aren't? The fact is, there are not always arrests at shootings. At a shooting the shooter is almost always taken into custody and there is a determination made as to whether the shooting was justifiable. If it is determined that it was, no charges are filed and the shooter is realeased. If there is evidence pointing to an unjustified shooting, then charges are filed and the shooter is arrested. It's always seemed to work pretty well.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Who are "certain people"?
People with normal functioning brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies