Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,181,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

Well, if John Lovitz says so....

Lame Lame Lame...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,016,889 times
Quote:
"If I make a dollar, and I'm taxed at fifty cents, isn't that enough? So for every dollar you make, you have to give two dollars back. 'No, that's not right. You're not paying enough.' It's half. Half! And then they go, 'The rich people have all these deductions.' Well, everyone in this room has the same deductions. You just didn't learn about it."

Although Lovitz qualified his rant by remarking, "I voted for the guy. I'm a democrat" — does it seem like the master thespian is wholeheartedly behind his controversial statements? Or, is this just an act?
Jon Lovitz Calls President Obama a 'F**king A**hole' | Hollywood.com
Looks to me that Lovitz is trying to get back into the biz and is using the old rule any publicity is good publicity.

Lovitz's routine is also inaccurate. The tax-rates haven't been 50% since he was on TV -- maybe that's the last time he actually filed a tax return.

Instead of cursing at Obama, Lovitz should be down on his knees thanking God that he was lucky enough to be born in a country where a useless shmu ck who contributes absolutely nothing to society can somehow manage to find himself in the top marginal tax bracket.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,543,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So now he will be black listed from future gigs.
so, no "Benchwarmers II" ?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,021,630 times
Open Secrets: Hollywood IS the top 1%.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,894,173 times
Well being in construction that is pretty much everyday language.

But Lovitz was making a good point, The 1% is starting to say **** You to Obummers. Not good when the hollywierds start with the attacks.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,352,166 times
Matt Damon and John Cusack say "hi" from under the bus.

Brave people risking their careers, since the myopic neo-progressive Obama voter is one of their best customers.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,957,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
lol Lovitz's comedic persona is that of a creepy dimwitted jerk, he's just doing schtick, right wingers do have little ability to understand fact from fiction, ask the Bible Belt "The libs are starting to figure it out?" Apparently you haven't if you live in Maryland lmao. Have fun being in a Democratic state the rest of your life.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,241,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How about all the Dems pay THEIR taxes before crying about "fair share"?
How about the REPUBS pay THEIR taxes before crying about fair share?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:09 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,150,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think you have a listening comprehension problem - if you thought this was a serious criticism of the President. You obviously never heard a comedic routine. Making the assertion you have, I suspect it's a slow news day where you live. Desperate.
No, thought it was funny. Decided that you democrats are a very depressed bunch and maybe this could be used as a pick me up. Obviously didn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well being in construction that is pretty much everyday language.

But Lovitz was making a good point, The 1% is starting to say **** You to Obummers. Not good when the hollywierds start with the attacks.
That's my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol Lovitz's comedic persona is that of a creepy dimwitted jerk, he's just doing schtick, right wingers do have little ability to understand fact from fiction, ask the Bible Belt "The libs are starting to figure it out?" Apparently you haven't if you live in Maryland lmao. Have fun being in a Democratic state the rest of your life.
Um... yeah I have figured out that MD is a blue state, and always will be. I live in one of those tiny conservative towns that you people are trying to eradicate. I'm not gonna be here for the rest of my life, my life is just starting. The world is my oyster.
Now you will most likely be here for the rest of your miserable life because there are plenty of miserable libs here to keep you company. Have fun.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:27 PM

46,484 posts, read 27,358,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
How about the REPUBS pay THEIR taxes before crying about fair share?
How about you're favorite DEM, warren buffet pay his 1 BILLION+ dollars in back taxes and stop fighting it in court.

Oh, and I believe al sharpton is also not paying his back taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies