Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How can a country have both a free market economy and a president who controls the price of anything?

It cost a lot of money to support The Kingdom, especially with all those restless Arabs having revolutions all over the place. The Royal Family needs to keep their citizens happy.

The demand for oil is up, because every time we walked into Walmart the standard of living in China went up plus our need for gas guzzling SUV's and pick ups and then the speculators.

The people who own the oil want more money for it. The people who want it have to pay more, due to demand.
True and Obamagives away millions to Solandra and other buddies that could have been used for drilling on our soil so the money will not go overseas, but no Obama rather bow for the King of some country and gives the money over there instead of creating jobs over here...

BUT how can I blame a man who has no experience and never created one job before he became president...he just has no experience, that is not his mistake!

Now we can change it and we should vote carefully so no more jobs will get lost like the ones who were lost at Walmart since the greeters were nice people who enjoyed to help customers and part of the business...another thing gone forever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Doesn't look like Wal-Mart or Obama killed any jobs. They just reassigned the greeters to areas of store where they were more needed. I think Wal-Mart finally figured out that the "greeter" was a useless position, especially when customers require more help on the actual sales floor. OP, I think you need to go find another place for your faux outrage.

Say Goodbye to Wal-Mart Greeters (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/walmart-greeters-no-more-jan-31-2012 - broken link)

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS - Wal-Mart is getting rid of its iconic front door greeters. All overnight greeters were assigned to different positions last year, and now the retail giant is reassigning the front door greeters at thousands of stores nationwide.

Typically, Wal-Mart stores have had a greeter at a minimum of one entrance. Wal-Mart spokeswoman Ashley Hardie said greeters have evolved into a role responsible for cleaning carts and tagging returns.
The reassignment will push those employees deeper into stores, to the main intersections of aisles known as Action Alley in Wal-Mart company circles. This turns their role back into a greeter of sorts, directing customers to checkouts and answering questions.

The change is taking effect at the more than 3,000 Wal-Mart superstores and more than 3,800 Wal-Mart stores nationwide.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
In related news, Obama caused the rain in Seattle today.

he has also caused global warming since 1961.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 AM

912 posts, read 1,332,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I noticed that there were no more greeters at Walmart and this week when I had a return and walked straight up to customer service I asked if I was wrong not waiting for the sticker on the item, but that I didn't see the "greeter".

I was told they no longer have the greaters....that means on both sides they are gone and the one at the garden entrance is gone...meaning 3 jobs killed!

Recently I heard on the radio and tv that Walmart with their clientele can't increase the prices so much to compensate for the high gas prices, so they have to take other measurements to stay profitable...

Obama just killed 3 jobs per store, that is hundreds of jobs Nation wide.

Lowes and Kohls stopped with employers discount, and that means that later on the only cut there is will be to cut jobs!

Obama has so much fun going on the late night shows, singing and going to a University to get the crowd in his favor talking about his student loan debt...

Why didn't Obama mention how great it was to even be accepted into Harvard and his wife in Princeton...my child wasn't and so many others can't even get in and if they get in can they afford it...well he could and he hardly worked as a lawyer after graduating and than to come up with that bs story like we will fall over no believe a word he says.

I'm sorry to see the greeters go and lose their job they seem to enjoyed what they were doing, but I understand that Walmart has to look at the balance sheet.

I doubt anyone lost their jobs .I worked for Walmart during my time there they closed the fabrics and crafts deptartment they reassigned them to other parts of the store.For instance,one lady begin being trained as a pharmacy tech .As for the high gas prices every company has to take some cost cutting measures WM,is hardly alone .

Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How can a country have both a free market economy and a president who controls the price of anything?

Welcome to life in hypocritical self-Righteous Land featuring:

A Free Market except when control suits the self-Righteous agenda

Less government except more when it suits the self-Righteous agenda

Less government spending except more when it suits the self-Righteous agenda

Etc., etc., etc............................................... .....................

Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
This is a report from Jan 2009.......................
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The hemorrhaging of American jobs accelerated at a record pace at the end of 2008, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades.
A sobering U.S. Labor Department jobs report Friday showed the economy lost 524,000 jobs in December and 1.9 million in the year's final four months, after the credit crisis began in September.
The unemployment rate rose to 7.2% last month from 6.7% in November - its highest rate since January 1993.
The steep annual drop in jobs marked the highest yearly job-loss total since 1945, the year in which World War II ended.
Makes the Walmart story of re-assignment to other jobs of OVERNIGHT greeters at their superstores.... let's say that again.......... re-assignment (not getting rid of) of OVERNIGHT GREETERS.... look pretty pathetic in comparison to the job losses before Obama took office...... unless the baffons who blame Obama for everything can figure out a way to blame Obama for the huge job losses of the previous administration............ get over yourselves and stop being puppets of Fox news. BTW..... gas prices were higher during Bush's administration than in Obama's and the price of gas is now coming down............. NO President controls the global oil prices... NOT Bush and NOT Obama............ get real.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
The greeters have not been laid off. They've been moved inside the stores where they help direct customers to find various products.

This is nothing to do with Obama.

Walmart Greeters Will No Longer Greet At The Door - Careers Articles

Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Good grief. Political discourse from the right seems to have devolved into a game of Six Degrees of Barack Obama, instead of Kevin Bacon.

Start with something, then see if you can find a way to link Obama's name to it.

It's not politics; its theater of the absurd.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Thread Fail.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:44 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
If the OP would just come back and say he misread or was wrong, I would have some respect. But they never do. That just makes anything else they post invalid. We all read things quickly, we all can jump to conclusion and I like to think most normal people can step up and admit they misspoke. HA, not *this* crowd. God, I hope my partisan opinions never get in the way of my objectiveness and mental health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies