Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I noticed that there were no more greeters at Walmart and this week when I had a return and walked straight up to customer service I asked if I was wrong not waiting for the sticker on the item, but that I didn't see the "greeter".

I was told they no longer have the greaters....that means on both sides they are gone and the one at the garden entrance is gone...meaning 3 jobs killed!

Recently I heard on the radio and tv that Walmart with their clientele can't increase the prices so much to compensate for the high gas prices, so they have to take other measurements to stay profitable...

Obama just killed 3 jobs per store, that is hundreds of jobs Nation wide.

Lowes and Kohls stopped with employers discount, and that means that later on the only cut there is will be to cut jobs!

Obama has so much fun going on the late night shows, singing and going to a University to get the crowd in his favor talking about his student loan debt...

Why didn't Obama mention how great it was to even be accepted into Harvard and his wife in Princeton...my child wasn't and so many others can't even get in and if they get in can they afford it...well he could and he hardly worked as a lawyer after graduating and than to come up with that bs story like we will fall over no believe a word he says.

I'm sorry to see the greeters go and lose their job they seem to enjoyed what they were doing, but I understand that Walmart has to look at the balance sheet.
Like Walmart really has to worry about being profitable. There's only one reason those jobs were lost; Walmart is greedy. Meanwhile they're still building more big stores and creating more supercenters while cutting staff and expecting more than is humanly possible out of the workers they do have. I'd understand if they decided they didn't have use for the position and had another use for the workers, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
None. That's why the OP vanished and is not trying to defend his/herself but will only reply to me saying that they work so they cannot post all of the time.
lol. Kind of like roy.
Not that his posts ever contain facts anyway.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,318,139 times
Maybe the "higher-ups" and "top-dogs" at "Wal-Mart" could shave a teeny-weeny bit off of their mega-salaries and "big bonus" checks to hold-on to the "greeters."...Corporations are tricky and masters of manipulation when it comes to "flipping things around" and making their "cuts" and "price hikes" someone else's fault. HMO's love to do this too!...It creates a "Stockholm Syndrome" effect where average people (and even struggling people) step-up and defend corporations. (The "hostages" defend their "oppressors.")...I don't consider corporations my "best friends." And I don't buy all their propoganda. Or "spin" on things! And this goes for politicians too!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
What has happened in the real world is that they have had greeters injured as shoplifters have gone out the doors. There security systems are not as good and could use some new tech people.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Like Walmart really has to worry about being profitable. There's only one reason those jobs were lost; Walmart is greedy. Meanwhile they're still building more big stores and creating more supercenters while cutting staff and expecting more than is humanly possible out of the workers they do have. I'd understand if they decided they didn't have use for the position and had another use for the workers, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.
Can I assume you are just as upset at the growth of gov't, and paying their workers more than non-gov't jobs? The gov't doesn't produce anything except headaches, that's the difference.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Maybe the "higher-ups" and "top-dogs" at "Wal-Mart" could shave a teeny-weeny bit off of their mega-salaries and "big bonus" checks to hold-on to the "greeters."...Corporations are tricky and masters of manipulation when it comes to "flipping things around" and making their "cuts" and "price hikes" someone else's fault. HMO's love to do this too!...It creates a "Stockholm Syndrome" effect where average people (and even struggling people) step-up and defend corporations. (The "hostages" defend their "oppressors.")...I don't consider corporations my "best friends." And I don't buy all their propoganda. Or "spin" on things! And this goes for politicians too!
Excellent post

Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The gov't doesn't produce anything except headaches, that's the difference.
Are you saying you get no benefits from the government?

No safe roads to drive on?

No postal service?

No emergency response protection: fire, police, emergency medical response?

You don't get Social Security?

Or Medicare?

Have you- or anybody close to you - ever been hurt on the job and had to rely on Workman's Comp?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Can I assume you are just as upset at the growth of gov't, and paying their workers more than non-gov't jobs? The gov't doesn't produce anything except headaches, that's the difference.
great post...In the Netherlands 35% of all jobs are government jobs because of all the regulations they have...the government buidlings are beautiful and all paid from tax payers money! Marble floors, and lazy employees who rather drink coffee and can't wait until the clock will sound 4 pm to go home to relax so they can go for another lazy day.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Are you saying you get no benefits from the government?

No safe roads to drive on?

No postal service?

No emergency response protection: fire, police, emergency medical response?

You don't get Social Security?

Or Medicare?

Have you- or anybody close to you - ever been hurt on the job and had to rely on Workman's Comp?
Social Security is 38 Trillion in the hole, Medicare is 8.6 Trillion in unfunded liability's. The gov't is there to manage this money that they steal from us, and they suck at it. How about that Postal Service that is also going belly up. Train service, road repairs, all of it would be much more efficient in private hands.
Fire, police and emergency are funded by state and local taxes. Keep the unions and the feds out of it, and we'd all be much better off.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
great post...In the Netherlands 35% of all jobs are government jobs because of all the regulations they have...the government buidlings are beautiful and all paid from tax payers money! Marble floors, and lazy employees who rather drink coffee and can't wait until the clock will sound 4 pm to go home to relax so they can go for another lazy day.
Yeah, because life in the Netherlands is likened to living in a deplorable wasteland with drug-riddled prostitutes, their pimps, and everyone in the country stoned on The Potâ„¢.

I mean, of all the countries in the world, The Netherlands probably has it worse than anyone in Europe and their living conditions are probably close to that of a tribal outcast in Zimbabwe.

With all those jobs going to the government and all those taxes, the people there are so miserable and the suicide rate must be astronomical. Oh, the humanity! The Netherlands is clearly what Obama wants to bring us to...

The Truth About Amsterdam, RE: Bill O'Reilly loves Amsterdam - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies