Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:34 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

What's really the story here is how a bunch of tweets gets the attention of the mainstream media; but racially motivated assaults on whites are overlooked.

Black folks feelings are more important that white folks lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
Some of you no nothing about the black community! We have marches all the time about stopping that violence in the black communities and reason why you don't hear about it is because the media doesn't care enough to put it out there. Quit trying to speak for black folks and acting like you know what we are outraged about..
Not with the same intensity of emotion or anger. And none of you in the black community is willing to go out there and beat up on the blacks who are assaulting and killing other blacks. If anything, most of you don't want to break that code of silence and be labeled a "snitch" and go help the police investigating those crimes.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
Some of you no nothing about the black community! We have marches all the time about stopping that violence in the black communities and reason why you don't hear about it is because the media doesn't care enough to put it out there. Quit trying to speak for black folks and acting like you know what we are outraged about..

I am black, and I happened to know one of the organizers of the "Stop the Violence" movement. google James E. Davis when you get a chance.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not with the same intensity of emotion or anger. And none of you in the black community is willing to go out there and beat up on the blacks who are assaulting and killing other blacks. If anything, most of you don't want to break that code of silence and be labeled a "snitch" and go help the police investigating those crimes.

And by what measuring stick do you gage emotion and anger within the black community? Having attended many meetings, marches, and demonstrations I can tell you what was absent from most of them THE MEDIA!! If its not news worthy, or further perpetuates a negative stereotype about our community then it doesn't make the news. Have you ever noticed whenever something negative happens in the black community be it a crime, fire, flood, or other unusual occurance they (local T.V. news) almost always get a quote from the neighbor who can barely speak proper grammar, and this is the person they use to give an accurate account of what occurred? The voice of our community is once again represented by someone who barely finished the 6th grade. Anyone watching that newscast automatically thinks black community=uneducated, and concludes no wonder why this type of thing happens in their neighborhoods.

Last edited by SKP440; 04-28-2012 at 11:05 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I hope they're proud of themselves.

Bunch of idiots.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Classy very classy. You could be President some day!
That's the best you have? I completely destroy your argument and call it what it is. I treated your classless post with the respect it deserved.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM

288 posts, read 283,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

How would you know? Most black people that I know don't even believe in the no "snitch" rule. Like I said before you are speaking on things that you don't know too much about..

Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM

288 posts, read 283,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I am black, and I happened to know one of the organizers of the "Stop the Violence" movement. google James E. Davis when you get a chance.

I just looked him up, he is doing a great job just like many blacks that are out there trying to stop the black on black crime..

Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
That's the best you have? I completely destroy your argument and call it what it is. I treated your classless post with the respect it deserved.
Let's forget about your meaningless classless emotional remarks. I'd rather hear intelligent response to my last post regarding assimilation.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:12 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
Wait until you see a black driver win a NASCAR race
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies