Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

"Under pressure from farming advocates in rural communities, and following a report by The Daily Caller, the Obama administration withdrew a proposed rule Thursday that would have applied child labor laws to family farms. Critics complained that the regulation would have drastically changed the extent to which children could work on farms owned by family members. The U.S. Department of Labor cited public outcry as the reason for withdrawing the rule. “The decision to withdraw this rule — including provisions to define the ‘parental exemption’ — was made in response to thousands of comments expressing concerns about the effect of the proposed rules on small family-owned farms,” the Department said in a press release Thursday evening. “To be clear, this regulation will not be pursued for the duration of the Obama administration.”

Children | Farm Labor | Regulations | Withdrawal | The Daily Caller

Well, we win one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Good. Most of the guidelines weren't that much different than the 4H. So, it was just another shift to government control, not to mention a total waste of money.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Under pressure from farming advocates in rural communities, and following a report by The Daily Caller, the Obama administration withdrew a proposed rule Thursday that would have applied child labor laws to family farms. Critics complained that the regulation would have drastically changed the extent to which children could work on farms owned by family members. The U.S. Department of Labor cited public outcry as the reason for withdrawing the rule. “The decision to withdraw this rule — including provisions to define the ‘parental exemption’ — was made in response to thousands of comments expressing concerns about the effect of the proposed rules on small family-owned farms,” the Department said in a press release Thursday evening. “To be clear, this regulation will not be pursued for the duration of the Obama administration.”

Children | Farm Labor | Regulations | Withdrawal | The Daily Caller

Well, we win one.
Yup, Repugs won the right to kill and maim children simply because they live on farms....and they LOVE it!

Remember , they don't want that pregnancy ended by abortion because it will prodce a worker/slave. They say that "baby" is LIFE! It's PRECIOUS! which translates to "We need slave labor"

Well, I think ALL parents should have the right to have their children, no matter what their age, go to work.

Afterall, children once worked 14 hour days in dangerous occupations...why worry about them now?

No 6 year old should be without a job running grain augers ...what else have they got to do???

Old 04-27-2012, 05:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Pfft...they will just lie low for a while and this thing will pass under another name buried in another bill. They just did that with SOPA.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 AM

112 posts, read 273,634 times
Default Obama Caves on Farm Kids Issue Due To Public Outcry

In my humble opinion (and this is NOT bashing, it's stating the truth based upon the man's own words and actions)...

When the President of the United States, Obama, publically puts down "We the people", whom he is SUPPOSED TO BE defending and protecting, WHY would anybody think that anything he has to say holds any value? I certainly don't!!

If I may say let's... Make November 2012 NOBAMA month.

One
Big
A**
Mistake
America!!

Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup, Repugs won the right to kill and maim children simply because they live on farms....and they LOVE it!

Remember , they don't want that pregnancy ended by abortion because it will prodce a worker/slave. They say that "baby" is LIFE! It's PRECIOUS! which translates to "We need slave labor"

Well, I think ALL parents should have the right to have their children, no matter what their age, go to work.

Afterall, children once worked 14 hour days in dangerous occupations...why worry about them now?

No 6 year old should be without a job running grain augers ...what else have they got to do???
What a huge pile of fail.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:

You've never been on a farm, have you?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What a huge pile of fail.

Oh, but YOURS was so much more enlightening!DUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You've never been on a farm, have you?
That has NOTHING to do with Repugnants delighting in not wanting to protect children and YES I have LIVED on a farm.

But since YOU OBVIOUSLY are a farm expert maybe you can explain why farm parents ONLY have children for the cheap labor they provide...and have lots of them to replace the dead and maimed ones....

Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 AM

112 posts, read 273,634 times
Default Obama Caves on Farm Kids Issue Due To Public Outcry

Farmers are the backbone of our country! They work hard 24/7 to feed us or provide textiles to cloth us. A farm is run by the family. As a child didn't you have chores that you had to do to earn an allowance or you were told to do something "because I said so"? Living on a farm may have different chores that need to get done, like milk the cows or move the sheep from one pasture to another or drive the tractor and help plant/harvest a crop, but they also have the same chores as urban living, like wash the dishes or pick up your room or doing laundry. It's not about slave labor and it's not an abortion issue. It's about learning responsibility, building character, knowing that what you do and how you do it is important, and there is value in both what you do AND who you are.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Oh, but YOURS was so much more enlightening!DUH!

That has NOTHING to do with Repugnants delighting in not wanting to protect children and YES I have LIVED on a farm.

But since YOU OBVIOUSLY are a farm expert maybe you can explain why farm parents ONLY have children for the cheap labor they provide...and have lots of them to replace the dead and maimed ones....
Again, you've never been on a farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies