Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:11 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times

Advertisements

"Employers could save billions by dropping workers from health plans, report shows.

A new survey of Fortune 100 companies finds that the health care overhaul, contrary to the claims of its authors, created some perverse incentives for employers to drop workers from company insurance plans."

"Even after paying a penalty of $2,000 per employee, the companies stand to save $28.6 billion in 2014 alone by shifting employees to health insurance exchanges governed by strict federal standards. The companies stand to save more than $422 billion over the first 10 years of the law by doing this."

"If the companies indeed take this step, the move would fly in the face of pledges by the law's backers, including President Obama, that U.S. workers would not lose their employer-provided health plans."

(Full article here.)

Obamacare has got to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default this isn't a revelation....

This is exaclty why Obamacare was passed. Obama/Pelosi/Reid understood that it was just a "first step" and would initiate the dropping of coverage by employers.....thus public outcry by those refusing to fund their own insurance would nearly guarantee "single payer" Socialized medicine.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
"I just saved a bunch of money on health insurance by switching to...nothing."

Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
"Employers could save billions by dropping workers from health plans, report shows.

A new survey of Fortune 100 companies finds that the health care overhaul, contrary to the claims of its authors, created some perverse incentives for employers to drop workers from company insurance plans."

"Even after paying a penalty of $2,000 per employee, the companies stand to save $28.6 billion in 2014 alone by shifting employees to health insurance exchanges governed by strict federal standards. The companies stand to save more than $422 billion over the first 10 years of the law by doing this."

"If the companies indeed take this step, the move would fly in the face of pledges by the law's backers, including President Obama, that U.S. workers would not lose their employer-provided health plans."

(Full article here.)

Obamacare has got to go.
Yeah but wouldnt that mean that HIC would alos lose? Well sounds like a win to me. HIC have got to go. No more middle men for profit in my HC.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM

744 posts, read 812,097 times
Again with the 'over 10 years' crap!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:21 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is exaclty why Obamacare was passed. Obama/Pelosi/Reid understood that it was just a "first step" and would initiate the dropping of coverage by employers.....
Maybe. However, a provision that they must pay employees the difference in the savings would solve that problem.

Quote:
...thus public outcry by those refusing to fund their own insurance
Assuming they can afford in in the first place.

Quote:
...would nearly guarantee "single payer" Socialized medicine.
Single payer is NOT socialized medicine.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah but wouldnt that mean that HIC would alos lose? Well sounds like a win to me. HIC have got to go. No more middle men for profit in my HC.
Health insurance companies operate on a 6% profit margin with many of them being non-profits.

In your eutopia the middle man will be the 5 million government employees of the new National Healthcare Administration....and it's unions!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Health insurance companies operate on a 6% profit margin with many of them being non-profits.

In your eutopia the middle man will be the 5 million government employees of the new National Healthcare Administration....and it's unions!
So. They would be more accountable than HIC that get away with literal murder. And most people think that way about them and all insurance. Nothing but cheating.......anyway I want them gone so good riddance to them.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I don't think employers would drop the plans because these employee perks weren't designed to save them any money, it was designed to attract good job applicants and to keep them... I think it is a non-issue when we are talking about whether they would "have" a plan or not, however I do think they are trying to lower the plan benefits to save costs rather than eliminating the plan altogether...

Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Maybe. However, a provision that they must pay employees the difference in the savings would solve that problem.

Assuming they can afford in in the first place.

Single payer is NOT socialized medicine.
You surely aren't on Medicare, I can see. In Medicare the government decides what can be paid for any service, most often a lot less than requested, and then says that providers have to take what they get from them and can't get any more than what they pay. Nope, you sure aren't on Medicare and feeling embarrassed at what the government won't pay or allow them to get somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies