Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Seriously, I don't know what's so complicated about the multiquote button. You all need to use that.

From your "source."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot journalist
In a riveting interview on TruNews Radio, Wednesday, private investigator Doug Hagmann said high-level, reliable sources told him the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is preparing for “massive civil war” in America.
And Bugs Bunny told me we're being invaded by Martians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bad analogy....I guess people who live in Japan have no use for "fire extinguishers"..
Gun deaths per 100,000 population...

US.....10.27

Canada....4.78

Japan...0.07

Crime rates are also much lower in Canada and Japan, so it seems that your millions of guns are not effective at preventing crime at all.
Gun deaths from legitimate firearm owners is around 1%, and most are suicides.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Here's some pidgeon poop:

Kanada. Aaaah, yeah, the old Kommunist Kountry gaffe. We have more remaining freedoms and are less nanny stated than you mental midgets. Whatever the disease Canada has; you desperately need some! Stupidity abounds within your post. Your country has infected many others with it!

Compare if you dare:

Don't get your jewels jangled in Canada for merely wanting to take a flight to other parts of the world unless of course we're flying into Amurika the scared. We were one of the first to experience a terrorist attack on our planes, you cowering wimps! Ooopsy; Feel Good law?

Don't lose our rights to travel freely on our highways either, with a TSA (Temerity and Strength Abdication) squad pulling us over without cause to search our vehicle on a highway, you snivelling sucks. yet another Feel Good law

Don't have legislation enacted to abrogate our civil liberties with indefinite detention possible with no recourse to habias-courpus or Mirandha rights because my neighbour reported me to your Homeland Security retards for having one too many propane tanks in my back yard. Oh my; those Feel Good laws just keep right on coming don't they?

Don't have a grandmother on welfare who taught her daughter the concept of "birth another for some butter"."I got's me nine kids; someone's gotta do someting for me"!
Nanny looks after her and 3 more generations.

Can't afford a house mortgage? No problem Frank-en-Dodd Nannies will look after that for ya and take the worlds economy into the dumper in the process!

Uuuuh; "If people from other countries would stay out of USA politics" You have got to be chitting us!!
This from a citizen of a country that has fomented more rebellions, installed more dictators,Shah's and puppets, assassinated more leaders, invaded more countries for purely economic or political reasons than virtually every other nation on earth!

Are you actually as mentally challenged as you're appearing to be with this post? Too late; you're already infected! We'll treat that for ya.
Well, I know what you're saying, but let's see what the knee jerk reaction is when some radical terrorist's drop 2 skyscrapers in one of your major cities? The patriot act was another way for big brother to grab more power, and you think we should give up our guns?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Gotta come back with cess-pool being compared to Detroit perhaps? Don't have even one of those while you probably can't count that high (using all your fingers) how many you have.

The reference of gun ownership was intended; (as most of us interpreted without a picture being necessary) to indicate per-capita of population.

Uuuh; you have over 350 million down there now with more being born every second in Dearborn Mi. Cesspool; haaar, that's rich almost up there with that idiotic "other countries shouldn't interfere in your politicis" uuufduh from your other post.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on the polarization of your political structure crippling both your developmental growth and your common sense.

Queenie at least isn't ass kissing Soros or the Koch brothers but then you already know that don't you?

Keeping retarded, self serving inbreds, ceremonious in nature with little power or influence has served us well whereas you've got Pelosi, Reid, Franks, Dodd, Lieberman, McCain, etc., ety..

Care to have another go?
For someone who seems to hate th U.S., you sure seem to have a lot of interest in our political system.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
1. “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
2. “Those who trade liberty for security have neither.”
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 84,999,987 firearms owners didn’t kill anybody yesterday and won’t kill anybody today.
12. The United States Constitution © 1791.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.

You missed one 17) A Smith and Wesson Always beats Four Aces or any Poker hand !

Old 05-05-2012, 04:35 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Gun deaths from legitimate firearm owners is around 1%, and most are suicides.
Evidence is required to support that statement....For some reason I don't believe you.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
"Well, I know what you're saying, but let's see what the knee jerk reaction is when some radical terrorist's drop 2 skyscrapers in one of your major cities? The patriot act was another way for big brother to grab more power, and you think we should give up our guns?"

We were one of the first countries to have planes blown up and our reaction was knee jerk to the extent of installing metal detectos and x-ray machines in our airports. We also welcomed all those threatening jetliners you folks closed your airspace to without you knowing if they were a threat to you, if they had enough fuel to divert or even how many addtional U.S. citizens would die if they ran out of fuel before being able to land safely elsewhere.

How does all of the sham touchy-feely TSA phony stuff protect you from a recurrance? They were "box cutters" for cry'n out loud. A For someone who seems to hate th U.S., you sure seem to have a lot of interest in our political system.sharpened tooth brush is equally as dangerous.

Last edited by BruSan; 05-05-2012 at 05:00 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 04:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Well, I know what you're saying, but let's see what the knee jerk reaction is when some radical terrorist's drop 2 skyscrapers in one of your major cities? The patriot act was another way for big brother to grab more power, and you think we should give up our guns?
Quote:
For someone who seems to hate th U.S., you sure seem to have a lot of interest in our political system.
Have you read the thread? The poster referring to Kanada with a "K" shouldn't have ellicited a negative response? You don't live in a country immune from discord strife and stupidity as do none of the rest of us.

This poster doesn't hate your country, I own property down there and spend half of each year there spending a whack of cash while enjoying it.

The posters on this board are NOT representative of the wonderful U.S. folks I meet and spend considerable time with. They consider before speaking ill of any country when in a face-to-face dialogue as most considerate folks do.

These boards do NOT lend themselves to respectful discourse. They indeed, bring out the worst in us.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 AM

[quote=BruSan;24174445]Have you read the thread? The poster referring to Kanada with a "K" shouldn't have ellicited a negative response? You don't live in a country immune from discord strife and stupidity as do none of the rest of us.

This poster doesn't hate your country, I own property down there and spend half of each year there spending a whack of cash while enjoying it.

The posters on this board are NOT representative of the wonderful U.S. folks I meet and spend considerable time with. They consider before speaking ill of any country when in a face-to-face dialogue as most considerate folks do.

Quote:
These boards do NOT lend themselves to respectful discourse. They indeed, bring out the worst in us
.They do if you let it, as you said, think before you speak.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
"Well, I know what you're saying, but let's see what the knee jerk reaction is when some radical terrorist's drop 2 skyscrapers in one of your major cities? The patriot act was another way for big brother to grab more power, and you think we should give up our guns?"

We were one of the first countries to have planes blown up and our reaction was knee jerk to the extent of installing metal detectos and x-ray machines in our airports. We also welcomed all those threatening jetliners you folks closed your airspace to without you knowing if they were a threat to you, if they had enough fuel to divert or even how many addtional U.S. citizens would die if they ran out of fuel before being able to land safely elsewhere.

Quote:
How does all of the sham touchy-feely TSA phony stuff protect you from a recurrance? They were "box cutters" for cry'n out loud. A For someone who seems to hate th U.S., you sure seem to have a lot of interest in our political system.sharpened tooth brush is equally as dangerous.
I never said I agreed with the final reaction to terrorism, we may have been better of not doing anything and just going after the terrorists (bin ladin and co) instead of installing a false sense of security that is the TSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies