Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Whose to say the so-called "aliens" aren't humans?
LOL...that's a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well...put it this way, i'm not so arrogant as to think that this whole universe was made in the interest of Humans. LOL...no way. I mean, we're just the most intelligent animals on THIS planet. No more, no less.

So using us as a template, i believe that the life forms on other planets are just as stupid and pathetic as we are. They'll never make it here in the forseeable future just like we can't make it to where they are for another thousand years, if ever.

This narrative of alien life forms being so intelligent is the stuff of science fiction writers for the purposes of entertainment. There is no reason to think they're anymore intelligent than we are.
I always assumed that any intelligent life on other planets will get too smart for their own good. Similar to us building weapons that can wipe out the entire planet, they could possibly do the same. So no species ever advances far enough technologically to get leaps and bounds over the others. But, even if they could get into space, the universe is such a mind-bogglingly massive expanse of nothingness, the odds of landing on a living planet are pretty slim.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
planet earth will be here in a lifetime, but raped bare.!!! as for life as you know it?? ohh sheet!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Could it be that more have realized that man now has the ability to start a global nuclear war, and that would destroy most of life as we know it.

While our leaders/puppets continue to increase in corruption and pride?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Could it be that more have realized that man now has the ability to start a global nuclear war, and that would destroy most of life as we know it.

While our leaders/puppets continue to increase in corruption and pride?
I think they said something similar when we discovered fire.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Is there actually intelligent life here NOW??

Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
ROFLMAO!! I need some popcorn for this show! (chuckle)

You are not the first person to ever come up with this idea; In fact 2,000 years ago the GREEKS thought the exact same thing; when you die; that is it; you simply cease to exist.

NOT SO FAST - As is commonly known; Josephus wrote that MAN must go down ONE OF Two DIFFERENT TUNNELS when he dies

EVERY ONE - has heard of people that have died and somehow come back to life - all over the world. They all had the same words to say. They saw a light at the end of a tunnel.

If there were not going to be any Armageddon; why are China & Russia preparing for it? Napolean once said when he viewed the plains of Meddigo - All the armies of the world could meet here and still have room to maneuver.

By the sound of your last sentence ; I couldn't care less if it happened tommorw.

clearly shows you are one very unhappy person!! & you are also
angry about something or someone. I can read a lot about you - just by the words you are using. If you actually tried... .. to spend time with the Lord; you would find out very quickly - He cares - But you won't even give HIM a chance!

sit down; shut up; and listen (to HIM) AND YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED @ WHAT YOU HEAR! Psalm 46:10 IS A PROMISE - "BE STILL & (you will )Know that I am God!

Jesus promised in John Chapter 10 "HE will speak TO YOU" but you are just too darn stubborn - to even sit down and listen! YOU KNOW BETTER!! your smart(er).

Let me tell you something (child). If this didn't work - I would have abandoned it 65 years AGO!!

I find a simple promise in the bible - I claim it (as mine) I stand on it - I DEMAND IT !! So how come I ALWAYS GET THE EXACT RESULTS PROMISED.

for over sixty years - not once has it ever failed - but you just do not understand how easy it is to ACCESS THIS POWER!
Ironic the use of Josephus, who is probably the best resource to debunk any idea of a future Biblical Apocalypse outside the Bible itself.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Interesting numbers. Mass delusion or Intuition?

One in seven thinks end of world is coming: poll | Reuters
can not worry about what you do not control

Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
I went to Ipsos to see what this poll really said.

4% strongly agreed that the world will end either at the end of the Mayan calendar or during their lifetimes.

10% somewhat agreed.

Including the "somewhat" agreed is really reaching. That's everyone who thinks that something might happen, from a meteor striking to a pandemic to a black hole being created on earth. Depending on how the poll was administered, the way the question was posed can and will have a profound impact on the poll's results.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
This is an interesting experiment.
The 2012/Climate Project: 2008-2013:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies