Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have a very logical reason......they maim folks. You can go off on your rant of feral dogs and play dog whisperer all you want and blame whoever you want but the dogs jaws are the ones doing the ripping.
you don't have a logical reason, otherwise you would be able to explain to us why pit bulls are apparently so much more dangerous than other dog breeds when even the numbers and news reports that you use to defend your position tell us that dog attacks are extremely rare, and that for every pit bull that has hurt someone, there are tens of thousands that have not; for every pit bull that has seriously hurt someone, there are hundreds of thousands that have not; and for every pit bull that has killed someone, there are millions that have not.

all large dogs and most medium dogs can maim people when they bite, not just pit bulls. and the people involved in the incident are just as important when it comes to understanding what actually happened as is the mutt that did the biting. if that were not the case, every instance where a homeowner justifiably shot a robber would end in the homeowner's arrest.

so you can ignore everything else except your extreme prejudice and the exaggerated stories on the media if you want, but it is still a fact that most pit bulls go their entire lives without ever hurting anyone.

and you can't stand that fact, and you have no answer for it.

Quote:
Canine rage syndrome?? LOL. Gimme a break. Its a friggen mutt. We used to just call em mean. I guess folks have to give em a "syndrome" so they can make themselves feel smart trying to decipher why a canine would have this rage to begin with? lol
yeah, keep ignoring science and history because they don't agree with your prejudices. real logical of you.

mean dogs are waaaaay different than dogs that go on berserk rampages for no apparent reason. the latter are under the affects of CRS. the former are just mean dogs.

and i'm not sure who you think is making themselves seem smarter for studying CRS, or why that would be an issue in the first place, except in your pathetic attempts to deflect the conversation from the real issue.

again, you don't have an answer to any of this. you claim logic, but you don't even understand the word, otherwise you would be trying to actually come up with a valid argument. but instead you insult, deflect, beat at straw men, and go on rants of righteous indignation about stuff that you don't begin to comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM

290 posts, read 176,286 times
Nothing wrong with pit bulls. I have owned 2. Best dog I ever owned. Its just stupid ignorant people who own them and who think they are dangerous because its the only stories about dog bites the media puts on the news.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
I'm listening to a baby pit next door crying because it's been out there all day on ignore. Even when they are with it, they ignore it. I see them call it, and they have to repeat it numerous times to get it's attention because it's so used to being on it's own. It doesn't recognize itself as part of the pack or the family. I'll give them credit for taking it in at night, but if they don't have room for a pup during the day, there will soon come a time when it's out 24/7. This dog is a potential problem. It has no canine friends either, and they are renters, which means they are unstable.
It's just a matter of time before they give it away or if it's lucky, it ends up at the shelter.
Bottom line, it is all about the owners and how it's treated when it's young. The first 6 months make all the difference.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Why do you keep making up nonsense??

Old 05-17-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
you don't have a logical reason, otherwise you would be able to explain to us why pit bulls are apparently so much more dangerous than other dog breeds when even the numbers and news reports that you use to defend your position tell us that dog attacks are extremely rare, and that for every pit bull that has hurt someone, there are tens of thousands that have not; for every pit bull that has seriously hurt someone, there are hundreds of thousands that have not; and for every pit bull that has killed someone, there are millions that have not.

all large dogs and most medium dogs can maim people when they bite, not just pit bulls. and the people involved in the incident are just as important when it comes to understanding what actually happened as is the mutt that did the biting. if that were not the case, every instance where a homeowner justifiably shot a robber would end in the homeowner's arrest.

so you can ignore everything else except your extreme prejudice and the exaggerated stories on the media if you want, but it is still a fact that most pit bulls go their entire lives without ever hurting anyone.

and you can't stand that fact, and you have no answer for it.

yeah, keep ignoring science and history because they don't agree with your prejudices. real logical of you.

mean dogs are waaaaay different than dogs that go on berserk rampages for no apparent reason. the latter are under the affects of CRS. the former are just mean dogs.

and i'm not sure who you think is making themselves seem smarter for studying CRS, or why that would be an issue in the first place, except in your pathetic attempts to deflect the conversation from the real issue.

again, you don't have an answer to any of this. you claim logic, but you don't even understand the word, otherwise you would be trying to actually come up with a valid argument. but instead you insult, deflect, beat at straw men, and go on rants of righteous indignation about stuff that you don't begin to comprehend.
Oh sorry I should have used the proper acronym CSR. LOL. I have a very simple answer to this, they are dogs. Some or mean, some are bigger than others and when they get out they can maim folks. It really is that simple. You can play your word games and get into the social order of dogs and how they have this or that syndrome and on and on till the sun sets and it means nothing. Actually it's some of the funniest crap I've read in a while. You folks have your mind set that IF a pit bull attacks someone it's the owners fault hands down. So a person who was the best owner in the US is all of a sudden tossed under the bus by you pit bull kooks because you just can't fathom in your dog warped mind that a good owner could have something like this happen. I guess it's a defense mechanism for you to somehow make the attacks good in your eyes.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:02 PM

It's a complete waste of time arguing with a mind that is blocked. Kuchief is your typical chihuahua owner, that knows nothing about dogs, but knows everything there is to know about dogs. He clings to his fear and ignorance, facts be damned. It's a pity.
Ku, for your punishment, I sentence you to watching at least 4 episodes of Dog Whisperer. You will see how wrong you are.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 PM

I know that CSR is complete nonsense and so is your made up story about your neighbors.

As for the dog whisperer let me see the uncut version and we'll see how wonderful the great dog man is. lol

Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Now I understand why they are blaming the dogs instead of the people.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-control.html

Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 PM

Nice way to try and deflect the topic. Looks like you and your dog whisperer lose.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times
Quote:
Oh sorry I should have used the proper acronym CSR. LOL. I have a very simple answer to this, they are dogs. Some or mean, some are bigger than others and when they get out they can maim folks. It really is that simple.
except that then you try to claim that it is not that simple, and that pit bulls are worse. pick one or the other, because right now you are flip-flopping more than romney.

Quote:
You can play your word games and get into the social order of dogs and how they have this or that syndrome and on and on till the sun sets and it means nothing.
to someone that doesn't understand or value science, true. i'm not at al holding my breath that you will glean anything from my posts, but i am hoping that some of the readers won't be duped into your level of ignorance about dogs. maybe they will learn something.

Rage syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for those that want to learn something, there you go. just because kuchief doesn't understand science doesn't mean the rest of the world has to suffer.

and for the record, you and the BSL crowd claiming that the dogs "just snap one day" are the ones trying to pin CRS on all pit bulls. i'm the one telling you that very few dogs have it.

Quote:
Actually it's some of the funniest crap I've read in a while.
not my fault you can't read. maybe that was your owner's fault. bad parents breed bad kids.

Quote:
You folks have your mind set that IF a pit bull attacks someone it's the owners fault hands down.
i've already explained to you that this is not the case. you just keep arguing against this straw man because you don't actually have a leg to stand on in this discussion and so it assuages your insecurity and makes you feel better.

Quote:
So a person who was the best owner in the US is all of a sudden tossed under the bus by you pit bull kooks because you just can't fathom in your dog warped mind that a good owner could have something like this happen.
nope, but doesn't matter how many times i tell you. you're not going to believe it anyway.

and saying that it was the owner's fault does not mean that we are throwing anyone under the bus. it means that the owner is at fault. but when pretty much every article that you and the BSL crowd link us to says something along the line of "a loose pit bull attacked..." or "a sexually intact male pit bull roaming the street..." then i have all of the right and logic in the world to point out that it was the owner's fault. and in those cases that i just mentioned, that is not a "best owner" by a long shot.

but nice try.

Quote:
I guess it's a defense mechanism for you to somehow make the attacks good in your eyes.
that doesn't even remotely make sense. who is justifying any dog attacks? no one here. just another deflection on your part because you can't even string together enough words to make an argument.

Quote:
Nice way to try and deflect the topic. Looks like you and your dog whisperer lose.
and here's the irony: you trying to call out a deflection to an argument. since you are now claiming that you at least know what a deflection is, how about you answer my earlier challenge about simple numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
even if we use the media's exaggerated and incorrect statistics, pit bulls are responsible for fewer than 7 fatal attacks and just over 60 serious attacks in the US every year.

take those 3-7 fatal pit bull attacks (depending on whether you believe the experts or the media), and compare that to the estimated total pit bull population of the US., which was predicted in 2009 to be somewhere around 10.6 million pit bulls, out of a total 54-78 million dogs in the country total. the media's liberal numbers even say that only one pit bull in 1.5 million will fatally bite someone, and one in 168,000 will seriously hurt someone. conservative estimates used by the professionals are obviously a lot less. that means that even by the liberal statistics of the media, 0.0006603774 percent of the pit bull population is involved in serious or fatal attacks every year in the US (although it is actually lower than that even because some of tallied attacks are made by the same dogs).
still not up to it, ku? didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies