Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

I don't hate anyone....I dislike the way they've done things...and I surely don't hate all democrates...

unbelievable analysis....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't disagree with you, but so is Obama, he only came on board when this started making headlines...he loves the attention...and his demise of flying over Afghanistan, on the anniversary of Obama's capture and death...well, my friend, he is no better then Romney...

When Obama was senator, the then head CEO of shell tried talking to him to get him to become less dependent on foreign oil...and start drilling here...and told him if he did so, we'd be free of all foreign oil in 10 years....Obama looked at him and said, "we're doing it my way", and literally turned his back on the CEO and walked away...

Bush left office, and believe me, I'm not an advocate of him either, but when he left office after 8 years....we were 4 trillion in debt. Obama in only 4 years has gotten us 8 million in debt....???????????

And the Repulicans think Romney is the ticket, to change things, every one wants change, but in the end, he won't do a damn thing to free us from foreign oil, b/c there are billions of dollars of minerals in Afghanistan, and he wants our fingers in that. Believe me, we don't go to the aide of other countries unless something is in it for us...but under Obama, we have become even weaker with less jobs. If we'd start drilling for oil, it would create tons of jobs, and right now, Obama is lieing to the American public, tellilng them, if we drilled for oil, we'd only extract 2% of what the total amount of oil we need is. Geeze, and no on catches on, everyone believes what they are told, and the repubs and the dems, they are both corrupt....both parties are corrupt.....it ain't all the fault of the dems, or all the fault of the repubs...they're both corrupt....and you watch, Romney will probably do more, a little bit here and a little bit there, but will not correct these problems, b/c there is to much money to be lost....but he will come out looking a whole lot better then Obama if he wins, and if he doesn't...well what Obama has been doing is very dangerous to the future of this nation...

The U.S. was forced to get involved when the guy showed up at the U.S. Embassy. Until then it was an internal issue.

I've no idea how the rest of this rambling is in any way related to this topic, however, I will say that this idea that the U.S. is supposed to get involved with every single issue in every country is insane.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Hillary is so horrendously ambitious that she loses sight of her own limitations...Feminist eccentric dribble is so out of date...no one wants to hear about woman's rights in China...China wants more money- more stuff...they want what Hillary has...wealth.

It's easy to mutter on about the oppressed when you are part of the liberal elite. I never liked her much- The poor woman could not even manage Bill- let alone a planet.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
TigerLily24;24159406]The U.S. was forced to get involved when the guy showed up at the U.S. Embassy. Until then it was an internal issue.
yeah, so y our point is? Why do you think the U.S. Embassey or any Embassey for that matter is located in other countries...go to Washington, and see how many Embassey's from other countries are here? What do you think they are for?
The embassy is responsible for representing the home country abroad and handling major diplomatic issues, such as preserving the rights of citizens abroad.

Quote:
I've no idea how the rest of this rambling is in any way related to this topic, however, I will say that this idea that the U.S. is supposed to get involved with every single issue in every country is insane.
Your right, absolutely, not on topic at all, but it wasn't rambling, it was fact....pointing out that it is not the fault of one or the other, but both....

Old 05-04-2012, 12:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
yeah, so y our point is? Why do you think the U.S. Embassey or any Embassey for that matter is located in other countries...go to Washington, and see how many Embassey's from other countries are here? What do you think they are for?
The embassy is responsible for representing the home country abroad and handling major diplomatic issues, such as preserving the rights of citizens abroad.

Your right, absolutely, not on topic at all, but it wasn't rambling, it was fact....pointing out that it is not the fault of one or the other, but both....

Preserving the rights of its OWN citizens abroad. It is not the role of any embassy to involve itself in the civil issues of the guest country in which it is located.
Do you believe that the Chinese embassy would be within its rights to harbor a suspected U.S. criminal in their embassy in D.C. or NYC?

How is it either the president's or Mr. Romney's fault?
Did either of them order this man to be held under house arrest?
Threaten his family?

This man made a calculated move to involve the U.S. when he knew that the Secretary of State was scheduled to arrive for a meeting.
This was pure political calculation on his part.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Preserving the rights of its OWN citizens abroad. It is not the role of any embassy to involve itself in the civil issues of the guest country in which it is located.
Do you believe that the Chinese embassy would be within its rights to harbor a suspected U.S. criminal in their embassy in D.C. or NYC?

YES, i DO, AND LARGELY DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION AT HAND, BUT regardless of (sorry the caps key was on)

How is it either the president's or Mr. Romney's fault?
Did either of them order this man to be held under house arrest?
Threaten his family?

Please read the story....

This man made a calculated move to involve the U.S. when he knew that the Secretary of State was scheduled to arrive for a meeting.
This was pure political calculation on his part.
Oh poppycosh, so what....you go and live in China and see if you ask for help....and it wasn't a political move on his part, he wanted out of the country, he feared for his life...read the story....of course, even if you do, proly won't make a bit of difference.

I truly hope, someday, you don't need help....

Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Oh poppycosh, so what....you go and live in China and see if you ask for help....and it wasn't a political move on his part, he wanted out of the country, he feared for his life...read the story....of course, even if you do, proly won't make a bit of difference.

I truly hope, someday, you don't need help....
The man has had a nervous breakdown. One minute he wants to stay in China. The next he cries to go to the USA. Then he says he only wants to "rest" in the USA. A nation's (the USA) foreign policy or national priorities should not be set or affected by a lone individual in this particular situation. To think otherwise is ignorant.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:34 PM

398 posts, read 819,044 times
So much for human rights....according to most of the posters here, human rights is NOT an issue..We have been involved with human rights issues in Egypt, Syria, Libya, etc, but with this Chinese activist...so what who cares. It will make it very hard to believe any poster after this that cries out about human rights. And that includes immigration. All of a sudden, most of the posters are against letting some one immigrate to the USA, because he is Chinese! Now if he were just from south of the border....apparently not a problem.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The man has had a nervous breakdown. One minute he wants to stay in China. The next he cries to go to the USA. Then he says he only wants to "rest" in the USA. A nation's (the USA) foreign policy or national priorities should not be set or affected by a lone individual in this particular situation. To think otherwise is ignorant.
to think that this human being, should be forgotten, is ignorant. We let how many illegals in this country, allow them to vote, and our US embassy abandons this human being, b/c we are in negotiations with China...they didn't want to do anything to upset China....if you help how many illegals, but you shun a neighbor, how can this be? As far as him bouncing back and forth not knowing what to do, tell me you wouldn't be distraught, if your life was threatened, if they were beating your wife, and you were being pressured by the US embassy, oh yeah, everyone here would definately and probably hold it together. Ignorant, I think not, self imposed, and void of human decency on your part, yes. Bring him and his entire family here and set them free. None of you have any idea what it's like in China, you have your freedom, have food on the table, have your big screen TV's, go on vacations where ever you want, yeah, to heck with someone who is afraid for his life....and all he was doing was protesting for freedom...yeah, he surely deserves to die. His wife deserves to be beaten, and what about the stuff we didn't hear about?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Hillary is so horrendously ambitious that she loses sight of her own limitations...Feminist eccentric dribble is so out of date...no one wants to hear about woman's rights in China...China wants more money- more stuff...they want what Hillary has...wealth.

It's easy to mutter on about the oppressed when you are part of the liberal elite. I never liked her much- The poor woman could not even manage Bill- let alone a planet.
Sounds like Palin logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies