Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 09:15 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times

Advertisements

SPLC has a lot of black separatist groups and other than non-white separatists groups on their files.

But they are still outnumbered by the white separatist/nationalis/neonazis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
So.....who's keeping an eye on rev wright?
You mean Rev. Wright who worked practically his whole career within a predominately (94%+) white denomination.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Or calling anyone who disagrees with them "racist", associating every wacko who makes the headlines with their political opponents, and then whining when the same thing happens to them when another wacko who has politics they agree attempts to shot up one of their politic rivals.
Every wacko with their political opponents? This country has more than its quota of "wackos" so I find your argument not only hyperbolic but incredulous as well.

Quote:
Keep in mind that I said they were "sleazy".
That's fine with me, I don't care if they are sleazy as you define it or not.

Quote:
Also, for a group that is supposed to be about collecting intelligence on violent hate groups, they do seem to focus a lot of information that seems to have f--k all to do with that goal. Like this "Intellligence Report":

Who We Are
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a nonprofit civil rights organization dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry, and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of society.

What am I missing?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Those of us the LGBT community are grateful for the Southern Poverty Law Center for identifying anti-gay groups that seek to defame our community.

Prejudice, ignorance, intolerance, and discrimination is something that gay people face and now that we are winning victories in the struggle of equal rights the bigots are regrouping. We need to know who they are and what lies and slanders they are spreading.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a nonprofit civil rights organization dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry, and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of society.

What am I missing?
You didn't read the "Intelligence Report" on the founder of PayPal trying to sea-stead? Or the one where they criticize "pick-up artist" sites?

Sorry, but that doesn't exactly sound like hard hitting Civil Rights work.

Oh, and I find it kind of funny that the founder of the SPLC used to work for George Wallace back in the 1950s and also defended at least one Klansman, but then founded a Civil Rights organization after the majority of Civil Rights legislation and court decisions came to pass and the FBI pretty much gutted the KKK. In other words, he didn't do jack s--t when supporting Civil Rights was literally and life and death matter, but then founded a Civil Rights organization that basically functions as a fundraising institution.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"In light of the May Day arrests of the Cuyahoga 5, the Occupy Wall Street–affiliated group of men who planned to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio, I called the Southern Poverty Law Center to find out of they had any plans to start tracking the Occupy movement...'They were anarchists,' he repeated.

"Yes?'

He paused. 'We’re not really set up to cover the extreme Left. We only ever cover left-wing groups when they have a right-wing component, he told me. For example, 'when anarchist groups are infiltrated by those on the right; Neo-Nazis, that sort of thing.'â€

Occupy the Southern Poverty Law Center - By Charles C. W. Cooke - The Corner - National Review Online

And yet the media is tied at the hip to these people at SPLC.
So unless evil whitey wants to kill minorities it's not interesting to the SPLC. Got it.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That would be stupid for the SPLC to cover every crazy anarchist. They don't even show up as a blip on the radar for domestic terrorism.

Right wing anti-government/right wing religious fanatics/right wing hard line conservatives actually kill people.

Here you go Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just last week. Arizona Shootings Suspect, Neo-Nazi, Found Dead Among 5 Bodies
Black and Hispanic gangs kill more people in one day than "anti government/right wing religious fanatics/right wing hard line conservatives" kill in one year. Yet I don't hear any hysteria regarding them. Hispanic gangs shuffle guns and money across the border, black gangs sell drugs, rape, and kill every single day yet white people who don't like the government are the real "threat." Yeah okay...got it...

Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
You didn't read the "Intelligence Report" on the founder of PayPal trying to sea-stead? Or the one where they criticize "pick-up artist" sites?
Your link only took me to a Google search result page, better luck next time.

Quote:
Sorry, but that doesn't exactly sound like hard hitting Civil Rights work.
Frankly, having read your posts for sometime now, I could care less about what you think is hard hitting civil rights work.

Quote:
Oh, and I find it kind of funny that the founder of the SPLC used to work for George Wallace back in the 1950s and also defended at least one Klansman, but then founded a Civil Rights organization after the majority of Civil Rights legislation and court decisions came to pass and the FBI pretty much gutted the KKK. In other words, he didn't do jack s--t when supporting Civil Rights was literally and life and death matter, but then founded a Civil Rights organization that basically functions as a fundraising institution.
To paraphrase my Christianly grandmother, I don't care when they come to Jesus as long as they come.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yet I don't hear any hysteria regarding them.
You should consider changing your channel.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
They are by far the nastiest hate group around. They are a pack of bullies who demonize large segments of the population as terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies