Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I prefer to think of it as a saving of human life rather than a war on women. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant then she should take precautions not to get that way.
The man has no part in this? I'll keep that in mind, the next time some RRWNJ says men should be able to force a woman to carry full term.

P.S. This bill does nothing to "save lives," it only pushes up the early-term designation by 2 weeks. Does that really make a difference? If a woman wants to abort, she will know before then anyway - and abortion is still legal in Arizona, as much as I'm sure they'd like to say otherwise.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-05-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The man has no part in this?

I'll keep that in mind, the next time some RRWNJ says men should be able to force a woman to carry full term.
It's a war on women, not men

Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

But they tell us there is no war on women.

!
War on women? Ummm....Jan Brewer IS a woman. Do you think that she is at war with herself?

What about the women who support the bill - are they at war with themselves too.

Liberals just don't think things through.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Note that you attempted no answer.

That's because everyone knows abortion is murder...even it's greatest supporters.
I don't know that... and I'm a big supporter of CHOICE, although not a huge fan of abortion.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
War on women? Ummm....Jan Brewer IS a woman. Do you think that she is at war with herself?
Yup.

Quote:
What about the women who support the bill - are they at war with themselves too.
Apparently so, they/you just don't realize it yet - but will eventually, if this is allowed to continue until YOUR rights are threatened. Self-absorbed would be a better description than "at war with oneself."

Quote:
Liberals just don't think things through.
Right back at'cha... try thinking this issue through without emotion, and I'm sure you will see the LOGIC in keeping abortion legal. Liberals are often accused of making decisions based on emotion, but nothing brings this out (from the right) more than an abortion debate. I don't like abortions any more than you, but I'm able to use my brain instead of my heart when considering the issue.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
This law will be immediately challenged and overturned. The GOP knows this will happen; the only reason they passed it was to play to their ultra-conservative base. This has nothing to do with legislating, it has everything to do with election year politics.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
It's a war on women, not men
Yes, I see that... and again, I will keep that in mind the next time a man (or Republican) tries to say otherwise. My body, my responsibility, my choice until it comes out of my body. Fair enough?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well in the first place, I wouldn't trust anything from "Daily Kos" because it is likely to be pure propaganda, and loaded with faleshood.

Secondly, why would this be a "war on women"? Abortion itself is a "war on women" since more female fetuses are aborted than male (boys are preferred over girls, sad to say).
It's a "war" (not a fan of that word either) on LIVING women - who, by all legal definitions, have more rights than an unborn fetus.

Quote:
Thirdly, murder is murder. A human life, innocent life, snuffed out at whatever stage of life is murder. Period. I don't care what you personally believe. That isn't how we decide right from wrong. Murder is defined as the "taking of innocent life".
Not true, to all of the above. There are different levels of murder, and the word is not defined as "taking of innocent life." The primary legal definition of murder is as follows:

The killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

See what I mean about using emotion instead of logic & facts on this topic? You can't even define a simple word accurately, instead you get emotional to support your position.

Quote:
This "war on women" strategy has already backfired on Democrats bigtime. It would be best if you dropped it.
It would be better if you'd drop the attacks on women's rights and access to healthcare/BC... it is pushing away even conservative women from the party, and will only lose Republican votes in the end. If you want to talk about solidarity, women are the biggest offenders when it comes to that!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Every state in this country and their leaders seem to disagree... are you going to convince them otherwise, and how?

It is legal because the US Constitution doesn't say it is illegal. Meaning, it is not a federal issue.

Article 1, Section 8 gets the call.

How would AZ, even think of an amendment like this? Do you think they have looked into Roe v. Wade and the US Constitutional amendments that place control on this decision?
You really think this is a blind amendment to the AZ State Constitution?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times
Default Always one thing missing from these arguments...

The one thing I never see in these abortion debates is a woman's post starting with..."I've had an abortion....." And then her opinion.

I'm sure there are some woman that are strong supporters of abortion who have had one or more...But I wonder why they do not make that statement.

Of course one truth is that they do not feel that good about it, and that is understandable...But I get the sense that almost all the posts are by people that haven't got a clue about what it really involves...It's not just the politics at all, is it?

For those of you that think that you are crusading on their behalf....I think not ...I'm sure most women that went through it would have some far different things to say.

I had some female friends that had to make the decision, and the conversations were far from the crap that I read on these posts. (Some wondered if it was banned would they have thought a little more responsibly)

And for those that crusade against it...For almost all women it is a heart wrenching decision...And as for any criticism about their decisions..."Let someone with no sins throw the first stone"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies