Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM

910 posts, read 2,294,471 times

Advertisements

Last Sunday (because I had no internet, lol!) I watched Dateline on NBC, and what do you know, it was about skewed drug trials, a large number of which are conducted in foreign countries such as India. I can't say it was an eye-opener completely because I already didn't trust Big Pharma, in fact, I chuckled to myself seeing how more and more of what I've believed for years is finally coming out in the open: Big Pharma is not trying to help us, it's really a greed-based industry, period.

For those who didn't see it here's the first video of a series of 6 showing of the above mentioned show:

Dateline NBC: 'The Hansen Files': Drug Trials [1/6] - YouTube

As if that were not enough, today I received notice from a blog I recently subscribed to written by a doctor, David Brownstein, M.D., one of three pioneers in modern research of iodine, who "crossed over" to "alternative" medicine when allopathic medicine in which he'd placed his faith, failed to equip him to help his own father; however, by resorting to holistic nutrition he was able to cure him and there was no turning back for him. He specializes in thyroid problems and the therapeutical use of iodine, he's written several books, and here's the entry of his blog I want to share: Big Pharma Cartel Busted.

On the 5th paragraph, Dr. Brownstein states that the deaths caused by Vioxx are estimated to be 20 times greater than those caused by 9/11, yet Merck gets away with a fine (while we've engaged into war for over 10 years and have lost more lives because of 9/11...). This page here confirms the statement about such deaths. But I guess it's all fine in the name of greed and so-called science, right? And let's not even think about the many lives lost all the time by other meds, including those for chemo, deaths which are wrongly attributed to "the disease" and not the highly TOXIC chemicals that are pumped into people, very often with little to no regard as if their livers can cope with such an onslaught or not. But because a lucky few make it through it they are indeed touted as "miracle drugs", yeah... right! That same night I saw at least 3 different advertisements from law firms about lawsuits for the drug "du jour" and I'm sure most of you have seen them too.

I know some will agree with me and that's like "preaching to the choir", but I'm hoping that others reading this and who do take the time to watch the video and read the blog decide to become more proactive about their own health. God, or nature if you prefer, designed everything in a certain way for a reason. Our bodies are wondrous "machines" which can manufacture millions of chemicals to serve all of its needs and cure practically any disease, most of which happen as a result and/or combination of long-standing multiple nutritional deficiencies and toxicity which lower our immune system's multi-pronged lines of defense and make us prey to opportunistic organisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and larger parasites.

So the best approach to be and stay healthy is to observe all the practices of healthy living that can aid our bodies to do what it knows how to do. These are basically: 1) eating a varied diet of unprocessed or minimally processed foods (cooking in any way is a form of processing...). A lot of people believe they're eating a "healthy" diet but they consume processed foods regularly, or don't get enough fiber, or allow pesticides, fertilizers, artificial colorings, sweeteners, and other food additives regularly in it. 2) drinking plenty of fluoride and chlorine-free water (most people are semi-dehydrated and have no clue except for an array of health problems that are caused by insufficient water), 3) getting enough sleep (8-9 hours), 4) breathing clean air (hard to do in most big cities...), 5) getting some exercise regularly, 6) and also abstaining or seriously limiting the amount of unnecessary foreign chemicals in our bodies such as drugs, prescription or otherwise, mercury amalgam fillings in their teeth, etc.

It's only COMMON SENSE, you can't, for example, build a house with wood alone, nor you could try to paint its walls with iced tea to maintain it looking good, or repair your furnace or your pipes with a stick, so if a house needs the right raw materials and tools to be built, maintained and repaired our bodies do much more so. Drugs may help for a time, and thank God for many of them, but even the most effective ones don't really cure anything, they actually just enable our bodies to heal themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 04:48 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
I am blessed with pretty good health for an old-timer. I don't place all my trust in either Big Pharma or the FDA. (The two are in bed together.) One thing I try NOT to do is take a new drug unless there is nothing else that will work. With all the adverse reactions that show up only with widespread use of a drug, I would rather stick with something that has been on the market for a long time--preferably a generic form.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Maybe I don't understand, but the word "trust" has no place in this context. What does it mean "to trust" a company (any company) to do what is in your interest? The health system (FDA, etc) has to provide checks and balances and not depend on "trust". Same with the banking, wall street, etc.
These corporations have one goal only - to maximize profits for their shareholders. That is not greed. Its their charter.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Maybe I don't understand, but the word "trust" has no place in this context. What does it mean "to trust" a company (any company) to do what is in your interest? The health system (FDA, etc) has to provide checks and balances and not depend on "trust". Same with the banking, wall street, etc.
These corporations have one goal only - to maximize profits for their shareholders. That is not greed. Its their charter.
I mean I don't "trust" Big Pharma or the FDA to make public safety their number 1 priority in bringing safe and effective drugs to the marketplace.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:22 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
The Hansen Files also did an episode on Big Suppla and how, because the supplement industry is so poorly regulated and mostly unregulated, there is no way of knowing whether or not the organic, all natural valerian root you're taking to help with sleep, isn't really just dried, powdered rye grass and plastic shavings.

Does it mean that "Big Suppla" is out to get you and is evil and only out for the money? Nope. It means there are some unscrupulous supplement manufacturers out there.

Does the the fact that some pharmaceutical companies are unscrupulous, mean that "Big Pharma" is evil and only out for the money? Nope. But you go ahead and buy into your conspiracy theory. It sells a whole lot of advertising space on Dateline, (not that Dateline or its advertisers or MSNBC are evil or only in it for the money).

Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I don't understand... is there a company that you can trust?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
All living things on Earth are created by nature (or God, if you prefer that perspective), and for anything that "goes wrong" nature has provided a cure. Yes, even cancer and MS and all the other dreaded "incurable" diseases. Modern medicine has so perverted the concept of health, wellness and healing that it is now an abomination.

People can choose to turn away from this insanity and learn what natural treatments exist for a particular disease or disorder if they bother to educate themselves. What really annoys me is how doctors use fear to force people to accept treatment that the DOCTOR knows will not work and will most likely make the patient worse - possibly even kill them.

It is an ugly business.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Big Pharma has no goal to cure anything. In fact, they try to kill any kind of research that actually may lead to a cure. There is no money in curing anything. The money is treating conditions, and where no condition exists lets invent a condition and then treat that. That is where the money is.

Furthermore, most new drugs are not new drugs at all. Patents on old drugs run out and the manufacturers make a small change to produce a new drug, which in effect is no different than the old drug, but it costs 10 times as much.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
All living things on Earth are created by nature (or God, if you prefer that perspective), and for anything that "goes wrong" nature has provided a cure. Yes, even cancer and MS and all the other dreaded "incurable" diseases. Modern medicine has so perverted the concept of health, wellness and healing that it is now an abomination.

People can choose to turn away from this insanity and learn what natural treatments exist for a particular disease or disorder if they bother to educate themselves. What really annoys me is how doctors use fear to force people to accept treatment that the DOCTOR knows will not work and will most likely make the patient worse - possibly even kill them.

It is an ugly business.

20yrsinBranson
You contradict yourself. All living things on Earth are created by Nature, and for anything that "goes wrong" nature has provided a cure.

Doctors and researchers are living things, created by nature. Over 90% of all pharmaceuticals come from nature, created by living things created by nature (people); only around 10% are completely synthetic with no natural basis.

So - people have developed cures and treatments for illness. People are made by nature, and the cures and treatments are made by nature.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong, according to your dogma, with people who make cures and treatments. And therefore, according to your dogma, you have no problem at all with pharmaceutical companies, which are run by nature-created people, creating pharmaeuticals, of which 90% or more are derived from nature.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM

910 posts, read 2,294,471 times
Delving into semantics to try to prove somebody wrong is... wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You contradict yourself. All living things on Earth are created by Nature, and for anything that "goes wrong" nature has provided a cure.

Doctors and researchers are living things, created by nature. Over 90% of all pharmaceuticals come from nature, created by living things created by nature (people); only around 10% are completely synthetic with no natural basis.

So - people have developed cures and treatments for illness. People are made by nature, and the cures and treatments are made by nature.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong, according to your dogma, with people who make cures and treatments. And therefore, according to your dogma, you have no problem at all with pharmaceutical companies, which are run by nature-created people, creating pharmaeuticals, of which 90% or more are derived from nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies