Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Truthfully I don't doubt it, but I want to clearify one thing. I'm not a democrat nor repulican but I do believe in common sense. I will defend the president (rather I believe in him or not is not the point) from racist rants and various other lies that would not have happened if he was white from obstructionist teabaggers and bought and paid for politicians and media types.

Oh btw, everything that I said was true....sorry

No, you obviously lean for the D lever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, you obviously lean for the D lever.
Why, because I don't believe the BS that faux, rush, hannity ect are feeding everyone? Why because I can see through the crap which is american for profit politics? Or perhaps I can see that mitt has changed positions more time than his dog wags his tail depending on where he is?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM

28,913 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm sure someone brought up the birther issue before the caller did. What is your point????? Who cares who brought it up, Limbaugh is in full birther mode, which is basically crazy town
He may be, but I will never believe Obama is a real citizen of the U.S.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why, because I don't believe the BS that faux, rush, hannity ect are feeding everyone? Why because I can see through the crap which is american for profit politics? Or perhaps I can see that mitt has changed positions more time than his dog wags his tail depending on where he is?
well, is the democratic side any better? NO and big NO, they are both corrupt, and all we do is argue with each other. We're constantly defending parties that have bought this nation DOWN!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
..... but I will never believe Obama is a real citizen of the U.S.
why exactly?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Please read this, and then tell me why there is documentation that Obama was going under the name of Barry Soetoro?

Obama Citizenship Case Reaches Supreme Court - Urban Legends

or this

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/35298

why you ask, because a name like Barack Hussein Obama is not American, that's to begin with...

Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Please read this, and then tell me why there is documentation that Obama was going under the name of Barry Soetoro?
Because that's the name his stepdad registered him as for school in Indonesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
why you ask, because a name like Barack Hussein Obama is not American, that's to begin with...
Why would that have been important in Indonesia?

Last edited by HistorianDude; 05-09-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
because that was the surname of his step father. no different than william jefferson blythe III going by "bill clinton" for nearly 10 years before legally changing it or leslie lynch king jr going by "gerald ford" for almost 20 years before officially changing it. there is no evidence the president used the soetoro surname after his mother and stepfather divorced.

any other reason you think he's not a citizen?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
well, is the democratic side any better? NO and big NO, they are both corrupt, and all we do is argue with each other. We're constantly defending parties that have bought this nation DOWN!
I will agree with you on that point. This is a case of obvious greed by the republicans when they signed the norquist promise 10 years ago. Granted the dems are doing some of the same things but on a smaller scale and at least can pretend to help the rest of us unlike the refuticans who are basically going to screw the poor and lower middleclass and tell you that they are going to do it.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
He may be, but I will never believe Obama is a real citizen of the U.S.
Because you're one of those "Real Americans".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies