Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Yes it is God's will that none should perish but all should repent (matonia greek - change your mind).But God's salvation is on HIS TERMS!!

OUR NATIONAL MOTTO (for those that forget - inside court rooms)

IN ...GOD.... WE TRUST!!
What are you even on about? Yes in God we trust and all that nonsense, but in free will we believe in.

Religion has no place in law and we live under the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution and NOT the bible.

When was it that we held our hands upon the Constitution and swore to uphold the bible again? I seem to forgot. Remind me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ok and many people disagree with you. Why are you attacking their beliefs? I think someone who believes two men should be allowed to marry is strange but that's their belief.
I'm not attacking their beliefs. Why must you assume and default that I am?

Believe what you want - I'm going to point out the ignorance and bigotry of it is all.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Exactly - Free Will as in...homosexuals have the inherent right to be afforded the opportunities and benefits of straight marriage couples. I have no idea what you're getting so worked up about.
Where am I worked up? You just seemed to be missing the point, so I thought I'd make it clear for you. Yes, homosexuals have free will, just like everyone does. While I know that stealing is a sin, I have the free will to choose to steal if I want. Doesn't mean it's not a sin and it doesn't mean that my acts aren't illegal.

Quote:
I'm not denying anything - The bible is a great story, but it's just that - a story. As such I don't take it seriously whatosever and it has no bearing on my life whatsoever. I'm Agnostic so the bible-thumping nerd rage is getting old.

Can you ever come up with something else to back your arguments up rather than some tainted words of man?
You believe the Bible is a story; I don't. Which one of us is right? In the end, neither one of us knows. So, why not just respect one person's right to believe and another person's right not to believe? I don't attack and/or belittle you for not believing, so why do you feel the need to do so about my beliefs?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Who were these authors? Monkeys? How can you say that man didn't write the bible?

When you write a letter and you USE a pen (such as bic) When you are finished with that letter - you sign your name - you do not sign it as "bic"

Even though "bic" is what actually wrote that letter all you did was guide it!

Each of the authors have their name signed on God's Word!

Children understand this simple principle - adults can't grasp it BECAUSE you are blind to the truth! The bible speaks about pre-destination. Some are chosen to life everlasting - others are not. For instance - Pharaoh was raised for this purpose God states: So I might pour out my wrath on him. God gave pharaoh many many chances - but He knew his heart! He knew his stubbornness was rock solid. He knew he wouldn't submit - So God destroyed him. That is fact:

Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
Who were they?

Don't answer, I know you it will be, the same old dribble but no facts.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Seriously, how many times do you have to tell a homosexual that marriage is a religious rite and thus between a man and a woman. They want the same rights as a married couple and they can get that with a civil union. I cannot see why after it has been explained a trillion times on city-data that the same question is repeatedly asked. Christians believe that homosexual acts are sinful per the Bible and let's face it people, it is not like eating shellfish nor does it do the physical and psychological damage that homosexual acts inflict. I see no way to make it easier to understand that those that oppose it for religious reasons do so because they feel it is sinful. I believe it is sinful and a mental health condition which needs to be addressed. It is so simple. You choose the behavior; you choose the consequences.
Speak for yourself. As an Ordained Christian Minister I am fully in support of equal marriage. Any person of legal age should be allowed to marry any other person of legal age, providing consent is in place. To say that Christians believe homosexual acts are sinful is incredibly misleading. Stop speaking for me and the millions of Christians who follow Jesus' teachings and live out a life based on loving our neighbour, not hating and condemning them.

FYI marriage started off as a civil contract between 2 families and only became a religious institution when the government asked priests to marriage the couple on their behalf.

Finally homosexuality is no more a mental health condition than is being left handed.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:

How many homosexuals must God put on this planet for you to realize that God loves EVERYONE.
Say what? This is totally unrelated to the issue at hand imo.

1. God Loves Everyone regardless as to any characteristics that separate us one from another. DUH.

2. That doesnt mean he condones everything his children do.

3. Its possible for him to love us and be disappointed at the same time--imagine that.

By your logic, a parent therefore doesnt really love their child if they dont approve of or support every single decision their child makes, even if the parent thinks its bad for them?

That's insane and does nothing but breed maladjusted, misbehaved, selfish, greedy, delusional and unrealistic children.

NO.

If a parent doesnt like something their kid does, then he/she speaks up SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR (damn) KID.

Likewise, our loving Heavenly Father loves us all regardless as to the choices that we make, but that doesnt mean that his laws change to satisfy our personal desires, That's not how it works.

Ultimately one of the greatest gifts God gave his children is the freedom to have dominion over their lives, their minds, their choices etc.

But his commandments remain, its up to you and me to follow or not, happily he allows us to follow him or not, and each of us need to consider the words of Joshua in the Old Testament when he said "Choose ye this day, whom ye will serve but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".

Not judging anyone in this post, and as an openly gay male I certainly understand where your coming from, but I feel this often made comparison is almost a red herring.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Speak for yourself. As an Ordained Christian Minister I am fully in support of equal marriage. Any person of legal age should be allowed to marry any other person of legal age, providing consent is in place. To say that Christians believe homosexual acts are sinful is incredibly misleading. Stop speaking for me and the millions of Christians who follow Jesus' teachings and live out a life based on loving our neighbour, not hating and condemning them.

FYI marriage started off as a civil contract between 2 families and only became a religious institution when the government asked priests to marriage the couple on their behalf.

Finally homosexuality is no more a mental health condition than is being left handed.
Do you marry gay couples? Are you gay?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, why not just respect one person's right to believe and another person's right not to believe? I don't attack and/or belittle you for not believing, so why do you feel the need to do so about my beliefs?
Tell this to the rest of your bible-thumping buddies who belittle and attack homosexuals and THEIR beliefs all because they nerd rage over how 'icky' two men lying together is or two women sleeping with one another can be.

You claim I'm attacking your beliefs - I'm not. You're assuming as such and it just goes to show you how close minded and unwilling you open up you really are.

I'm pretty sure God doesn't want people picketing homosexuals with 'GOD HATES ****' and '******* WILL BURN IN HELL FOR GOING AGAINST GOD' when he supposedly wants us to all love one another.

Some great being he is. Can't even get his own followers and sheep to accept others with open arms.

This whole religious argument against homosexuals IS flimsy and bigoted. Marriage ceremonies can be performed by the church or by the court, therefore it's a secular matter. The LAW is secular and RELIGION has NO place whatsoever in politics.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Who were they?

Don't answer, I know you it will be, the same old dribble but no facts.
The first 5 books were written by Moses; as God dictated every single word to him.

King David wrote most of the Psalms

King Solomon wrote 3 books Proverbs - Song of Solomon and Ecclesiastes.

Do I have to name all 66 books when you have them right in front of you???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies