Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,936 times

Advertisements

Born again fundamentalists Christians give main stream "original" Christians a really bad rap. They are so afraid of whatever demons they have invoked into their own lives through extremely self centered actions and tendencies. You see .... It's really much easier to rip others apart for their choices than to take a deep look in the mirror. Ignore them - they know not what they do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,443,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No they shouldn't. I never once advocated that. Nice straw man, though.

Believe what you want, but understand that the whole religious argument against homosexuals is flimsy at best, bigoted at worst.

You're trying to delay the inevitable here. Don't know why.
It's not flimsy at all. Religious people are voters and have every right to vote how their beliefs direct them to do so. Members of the same sex marrying is not normal in any culture known to man and is purely confined to the 20th century West. Most of the world thinks this is a sick joke.

Gay cruise visits South Korea - YouTube

I haven't been to church outside of major events for 20 years or so.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,233,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
40 different authors were used by God
Exactly. 40 different authors - MEN who were used and manipulated by God to write the Bible. Not to mention the translations and revisions and different versions that were created and wrote.

The word of God has been warped, twisted, and tainted as a result. His 'book' is a story and nothing more.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Born again fundamentalists Christians give main stream "original" Christians a really bad rap. They are so afraid of whatever demons they have invoked into their own lives through extremely self centered actions and tendencies. You see .... It's really much easier to rip others apart for their choices than to take a deep look in the mirror. Ignore them - they know not what they do
They are simply following the diktats of their religion, why are you threatened by that? Are you threatened by Muslims too?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM

633 posts, read 1,647,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Why does Jesus allow children to be born with cancer and birth defects? Does Jesus hate children?
I'm a spiritist... those are karma and sacre contracts being made with the universe that these people sign-up for to get these things before being incarnated to earth or somewhere eles. Do I feel like Jesus have anything to do with that? NO. Do I believe Jesus and some other masters, saints and so on... or some Gods and Goddess can heal those that ask??? YES! But maybe not either, since sacre contracts are not always able to be broken as well...

Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,161,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Funny isn't it? a book: thousands of years old is still the BEST SELLING BOOK EVERY YEAR.

Where are you getting your facts from?? Noah brought the animals on by sevens

5 of each kind was for food supply - but of the unclean animals they only were brought on by twos

Jesus Christ and others confirmed Noah's existence. Yes I believe some parts of the bible are literal and some are symbolic; when one spends time reading then they can understand and differentiate the difference quite easily.

But walking into the middle of a movie or parts of a book is not an accurate way to make a review on any subject.
Well there are rough 16,000 species of animals. So what would these animals eat since animals like Pandas subsist on bamboo only, carnivores eat meat and herbivores eat vegetables?

Of course this ignores a 500 year old man (eight people total) building a ship the size of a football field.

So is Noah's ark symbolic, or is it literal?

That is what is so crazy about this. We dismiss Greek mythology because obviously there isn't some dude with a beard controlling the ocean, but talking bushes and giant boats with every animal in the word...no that is the truth.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Exactly. 40 different authors - MEN who were used and manipulated by God to write the Bible. Not to mention the translations and revisions and different versions that were created and wrote.

The word of God has been warped, twisted, and tainted as a result. His 'book' is a story and nothing more.
Ok and many people disagree with you. Why are you attacking their beliefs? I think someone who believes two men should be allowed to marry is strange but that's their belief.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM

[quote] I understand it. What you don't seem to understand is FREE WILL. If you did, you wouldn't have the questions that you have.[quote]

Exactly - Free Will as in...homosexuals have the inherent right to be afforded the opportunities and benefits of straight marriage couples. I have no idea what you're getting so worked up about.

Quote:
I know God based on the Bible itself. Are you denying that God destroyed towns (floods, fires), turned people to stone, killed people, etc when he was displeased? He didn't even let Moses into the Promise Land because the guy lost his cool after leading all those complaining fools through the wilderness! The Bible makes it clear that Jesus is the one who saves us from God's wrath. Surely, you know at least this much, don't you?
I'm not denying anything - The bible is a great story, but it's just that - a story. As such I don't take it seriously whatosever and it has no bearing on my life whatsoever. I'm Agnostic so the bible-thumping nerd rage is getting old.

Can you ever come up with something else to back your arguments up rather than some tainted words of man?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
. Most of the world thinks this is a sick joke.
Haha. That's an excellent joke you just made. Have you been to most of the world? Do you know this as a fact?

No? Figured. Just another far reaching statement from someone who has a closed mind. I pity you.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,835,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Cherry picking as usual.

Christ said nothing about homosexuals. He did say to love one another though. Guess they forgot that part.
He did say to love one another...but there was no mention either to LOVE one another...that way- He said the same thing to hookers- I love you but don't do that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies