Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Get a job that matters..
If I have a job that's not in DHS, I've satisfied your requirement by default.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know toughguy, you aren't afraid of anything. You'll just dash through bullets and save the day. Yawn...

"Ron Paulers" LOL What all 3 of them ..I never hated the DHS or TSA GEORGE BUSH CREATED. I actually applauded him for taking the step.

This isn't a political issue for me which is why I can applaud them for doing a good job. You can't see through your deluded partinsonship.
Lots of liberal emotion in that passage. Want a tissue?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Anyone want to point out the utter stupidity of the bolded line?
No. But maybe you can try.

Personally, I see nothing stupid about the STA finding a gun and ammo in luggage headed for an airplane.

What I did find stupid was letting them board the plane after the find.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
You flown lately? Pilots exit frequently to use the bathroom. How about shooting all the flight attendants or passengers. That might suck. But I know, because they work for the USG and are not USMIL you must oppose it. Amazingly, there was no opposition to it when the republican president was creating it. NONE.
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

They might shoot all the passangers and the flight attendants....

My goodness, you must be one of those anti gun nuts and have no clue what you are actually talking about....I would really be embarrassed....

So, someone sneaks a gun onto a plane, in 3 seperate toys, small enough to make it through the x-ray machine, which if you knew about guns you would know that the gun is not that big....and not hold that many rounds.....

Now, lets say he gets on with 70 - 80 rounds of ammo, goes to the bathroom, builds the gun, loads the gun, and comes out shootnig....if you knew about guns (which you don't) you would know that gun may hold at the most 19 rounds, with a hi-cap mag...maybe more...

Starts shooting people, out of the 19 rounds he shoots 19 people...then the shooter say WAIT....everyone STOP, I have to re-load my pistol and then I'm going to continue to shoot and kill you..O.K. so just HOLD ON for another 30 seconds...

If you were some of the people that were left...I am assuming that you would just set there and be shot, right....as he re-loads the gun...

Yea, this scenireo is just as crazy as you saying what you did...

ETA....

Whats an amuniation part?

Quote:
Hidden inside each of the three toy animals were ammunition parts that when put together become a handgun, said the TSA.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

They might shoot all the passangers and the flight attendants....

My goodness, you must be one of those anti gun nuts and have no clue what you are actually talking about....I would really be embarrassed....

So, someone sneaks a gun onto a plane, in 3 seperate toys, small enough to make it through the x-ray machine, which if you knew about guns you would know that the gun is not that big....and not hold that many rounds.....

Now, lets say he gets on with 70 - 80 rounds of ammo, goes to the bathroom, builds the gun, loads the gun, and comes out shootnig....if you knew about guns (which you don't) you would know that gun may hold at the most 19 rounds, with a hi-cap mag...maybe more...

Starts shooting people, out of the 19 rounds he shoots 19 people...then the shooter say WAIT....everyone STOP, I have to re-load my pistol and then I'm going to continue to shoot and kill you..O.K. so just HOLD ON for another 30 seconds...

If you were some of the people that were left...I am assuming that you would just set there and be shot, right....as he re-loads the gun...

Yea, this scenireo is just as crazy as you saying what you did...

ETA....

Whats an amuniation part?
An ammunition part is a new term by the TSA. It's much scarier than you think. Just trust them on this one.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:24 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
An ammunition part is a new term by the TSA. It's much scarier than you think. Just trust them on this one.
It's like the barrel shroud. You know that thing that goes up on your shoulder.....I love that video.

We are discussing an incident reported by someone who has little to know knowledge of firearms. I'm withholding any opinion until I see articles from a few different sources.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Corrrect-omundo.

With bolted and locked reinforced cockpits? Really? Cite? Must be a magic gun capable of creating its own ammunition, because I don't hear anything about ammo either.
They did it with box cutters and you don't need ammo genius. All you need is the thought that there is ammo in the gun. Me personally I would assume we where gonna die anyways and try something but again all you need is the thought of a fully loaded gun for most people. Twp bullets may be all that is needed. Shoot one passenger the rest comply. My first thought though is that anyone willing to take over a plane and crash it on purpose is most likely not walking around with a full clip anyways (see what I did there?).

Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
They did it with box cutters and you don't need ammo genius. All you need is the thought that there is ammo in the gun. Me personally I would assume we where gonna die anyways and try something but again all you need is the thought of a fully loaded gun for most people. Twp bullets may be all that is needed. Shoot one passenger the rest comply. My first thought though is that anyone willing to take over a plane and crash it on purpose is most likely not walking around with a full clip anyways (see what I did there?).
Pilots are trained to no longer answer the door for anyone for any reason and the doors were not bolted before 9/11.

United 93 folks would mostly certainly disagree with your assessment on charging a person with a deadly weapon. Once they knew the plane was going into a building, possibly dying didn't matter. Now that people know from the get go that is the likely target, the terrorists know they'd be beaten to a bloody pulp.

In addition, the terrorists on 9/11 purchases lots of additional seats to keep the cabin empty, and to have less confrontation. That raises a red flag nowadays.

Apples to oranges FAIL.

Oh, and it's magazine...clip is used in for example M1 Garands. Most anti-gunners make the same mistake.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
They did it with box cutters and you don't need ammo genius.
The cockpit doors before 9/11 were not locked and reinforced. I know personally as I sat in the cockpit for landings (I am not an airline employee or a pilot, I was just a high level frequent flyer).

Next strawman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies