Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Contrary to conventional wisdom in liberal circles, Barack Obama is not a good President. It seems to me that those who dwell outside of the DC area have a real hard time understanding the intricacies of a good president vs. a bad president. Ideologically i'll never be on the same page as Barack Obama, but it's really not hard to see that we do have an amateur in the White House. If you pay moderately close attention, you can see that.
First, this has nothing to do with whether or not BO is a good president or not--it's about whether or not BC would encourage Hilary to run against a sitting president in her own party. Again--it would be political suicide. I have to laugh over your "insight" from living in DC--I'm betting I was working republican campaigns long before you were born, and it's pretty clear that your political smarts stink. I detest Bill Clinton, but only a fool would say he's not one of the most skilled strategists and politicians of our time. Never let your politics blind you so you underestimate your enemy.

Quote:
It seems you forget about slander and libel laws governing actual malice. "Unauthorized" is not a legal right to misquote someone. This book went through the appropriate legal review, no doubt about it. A person doesn't put words in the mouth of a former President without weighing the potential outcome. Simply put: You just don't like what Clinton said because in your mind Obama can do no wrong.
You seem to not understand the criteria for proving slander and libel in a court of law, one of which is being damaged by the claims. How is Clinton damaged by this (hint--think hard--squint your eyes if you need to). Oh wait--he's not. Just because it's a false claim doesn't mean you'd win against it in civil court, and you'd spend so much money trying that it wouldn't be worth it. And again--the advice to run against a sitting president in your own party has nothing to do with whether or not you like that president--it's all about politics and protecting your own career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
No, he/she called it right. Primarying Obama would be the end of Hillary's career - people who primary sitting presidents n the modern era always end up losing and damaging their party (see: 1992, 1980). And of course, the fact that Bill Clinton is publicly campaigning for Obama doesn't help matters in the slightest.
Finally--someone who's not brain dead but feels comfortable yammering all over this board anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think Bill Clinton is right but of course he does not have the guts to say this publicly.
Almost certainly because he also never said it privately.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I would like to see the message. Does someone have a verified quote with Clinton calling Obama an amateur?
No. The author of this dribble has always had issues with truth as a concept.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
I wasn't arguing about the politics of it. I was arguing these words of hers:

I was arguing point she made about "making a few bucks" off of "unauthorized" books using what she seems to believe are words that Bill Clinton didn't actually say. I believe she's wildly off base and is simply going to bat for Barack Obama, as she always does.
Read the wikipedia article about Regnery publishing. (Hint--they must not be too concerned about their reputation or sticking to the facts, because they also published Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside The Clinton White House) According to wikipedia, that was the book where Max Blumenthal in "The American Prospect" basically said it painted images of HC hanging crack pipes on the White House Christmas tree and claimed to expose lesbian affairs in the White House basement."

Regnery Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't stand Bill Clinton, and even I think that's over the top. Classy stuff--really classy stuff.

Here's a little advice--you need to learn that the strategy involved in campaigning and politics doesn't have much to do with the values of the candidate--you have to be able to see things clearly and without emotion, which you don't seem to be capable of doing. Obama doesn't have a da*n thing to do with this--it's all about Hilary potentially damaging her political career.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
this is just Bill's way of throwing flowers at Hillary after he has cheated on her once again. It's a longstanding pattern if you read anything of the Clinton's history. I think Hillary is sick of he game and tired of 20 hr. days, and more than ready to retire. And more than likely the flowers don't work any more.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Even if this is true...Suddenly Bill Clinton's word means something in Right Wing World?

Weird.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Read the wikipedia article about Regnery publishing. (Hint--they must not be too concerned about their reputation or sticking to the facts, because they also published Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside The Clinton White House) According to wikipedia, that was the book where Max Blumenthal in "The American Prospect" basically said it painted images of HC hanging crack pipes on the White House Christmas tree and claimed to expose lesbian affairs in the White House basement."

Regnery Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't stand Bill Clinton, and even I think that's over the top. Classy stuff--really classy stuff.

Here's a little advice--you need to learn that the strategy involved in campaigning and politics doesn't have much to do with the values of the candidate--you have to be able to see things clearly and without emotion, which you don't seem to be capable of doing. Obama doesn't have a da*n thing to do with this--it's all about Hilary potentially damaging her political career.
well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies