Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Oh......what will obama and the dems do, now that they see Americans want the rich, strive to BE rich?

Americans Like Having a Rich Class, as They Did 22 Years Ago

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- Despite the recent political emphasis on wealth inequality and the call for higher taxes on the rich, more than six in 10 Americans think the United States benefits from having a class of rich people, unchanged from 22 years ago.
Even a majority of democrats believe having a rich class benefits America.

Quote:
Not only do a majority of Americans believe that having a class of rich people is a good thing, but the majority of Americans who do not consider themselves rich now would like to be rich if they had their choice. In fact, slightly more Americans now than in 1990 or in 1996 say they would want to be rich if they had a choice.
So...obama flits around the country on the taxpayer dime demagoguing the rich, telling those that someday would like to be rich, they are really just selfish, greedy, evil people....

He best come up with another campaign strategy...maybe like running on all the good he has done, all his legislative accomplishments...yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Straw man.

Nobody has ever said there shouldn't be a rich class.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Straw man.

Oh yes....he's been demagoguing the rich for years now and he will likely be tied to the occupiers too.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Having a rich class gives the lazy entitlement types something to hate. They don't seem to realize if they'd get off their lazy butts, they, too, could have something.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
I like have a rich class too. Gives people something to aspire to. What's the controversy there? You're not going to get many liberals to disagree with you. (Of course your idea of a liberal comes from Rush, not actual liberals).

What I would like to see is equal opportunity to access that rich class for everyone regardless of race, class, disability, etc...

Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I like have a rich class too. Gives people something to aspire to. What's the controversy there? You're not going to get many liberals to disagree with you. (Of course your idea of a liberal comes from Rush, not actual liberals).

What I would like to see is equal opportunity to access that rich class for everyone regardless of race, class, disability, etc...
The opportunity is there for ALL...just have to go and grab it, work hard, make smart decision and stay focused.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

So...obama flits around the country on the taxpayer dime demagoguing the rich, telling those that someday would like to be rich, they are really just selfish, greedy, evil people....
Oh, please.

If this is true, then why does he call a bill he wants to promote "the Buffet bill?" Warren Buffet is a multi-billionaire, right? So one would think that, if he thinks wealthy people are all selfish, greedy, evil people (as you wrote) he wouldn't use a billionaire's name.

Why would he have a contest & fundraiser (I donated $3) for a dinner at the mansion of superstar George Clooney?

Again, you are making no sense. I think what people dislike is those who don't pay their fair share. Nobody I know thinks being rich is a bad thing, just being rich at the expense of others, which is irresponsible and, in my opinion, unAmerican.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh yes....he's been demagoguing the rich for years now and he will likely be tied to the occupiers too.
I repeat:

That includes the President.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

Sounds like "equal outcomes" instead of "equal opportunity", or are you really serious about equal opportunity------where the government does not "set aside" contracts and slots for "the disadvantaged", but where merit determines the afforded opportunity??

Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Of course we like having a rich class.

What we don't like is the rich with no class. Lots of those in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies