Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 AM

749 posts, read 839,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Zimmerman followed Martin in a car while talking to 911. Even though Zimmerman knew police were coming, Zimmerman with a gun on his person got out of his car and confronted Martin. Zimmerman is responsible for the confrontation so no one should buy his claim of self-defense.

Martin could clearly say he felt threatened by Zimmerman, a man who had been following him in a car while he was on foot, then parked the car and came after him with a gun on his person. I would not blame Martin one bit for fighting Zimmerman in self-defense; I would have done the same thing. So, even if it is true that Zimmerman got wounds from Martin, who the heck can blame Martin? He was pursued in a vehicle and then by foot by a man who was bound and determined to confront him.

Zimmerman cannot claimed he killed Martin in self-defense when he started to lose a fist fight that he started by unnecessarily confronting Martin. And in this situation, it really doesn't matter who swung first, as we can clearly see from what we do know it was Zimmerman who started the whole confrontation. If Zimmerman had just let police handle it, and stayed in his car, none of this would have happened.
It sounds like you were an eyewitness. For those of us on the outside looking in, please tell us more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Zimmerman was 250lbs and 5'9, Martin was 6'3 and 150lbs, which makes him a weakling. In a street fight I'll pick a 250lbs beast over a 150lb weakling.
Of course, but it doesn't matter. Think about it, imagine you are in Martin's shoes. Walking along the street, talking on the phone minding your own business. Then you notice this guy has been following you for a while. You don't know what his problem is. You try to get a way from him, but he keeps on following you. Then he parks his car, and comes after you.

Any normal, rational person would rightfully assume, "This guy means to harm me". We don't know what happens next. But, given that scenario, I'm going to prepare to fight if I have to in self-defense.

We fight. Then he pulls out a gun and shoots me.

How in the heck can any rational juror find that that guy shot me in self-defense?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Zimmerman followed Martin in a car while talking to 911. Even though Zimmerman knew police were coming, Zimmerman with a gun on his person got out of his car and confronted Martin. Zimmerman is responsible for the confrontation so no one should buy his claim of self-defense.

Martin could clearly say he felt threatened by Zimmerman, a man who had been following him in a car while he was on foot, then parked the car and came after him with a gun on his person. I would not blame Martin one bit for fighting Zimmerman in self-defense; I would have done the same thing. So, even if it is true that Zimmerman got wounds from Martin, who the heck can blame Martin? He was pursued in a vehicle and then by foot by a man who was bound and determined to confront him.

Zimmerman cannot claimed he killed Martin in self-defense when he started to lose a fist fight that he started by unnecessarily confronting Martin. And in this situation, it really doesn't matter who swung first, as we can clearly see from what we do know it was Zimmerman who started the whole confrontation. If Zimmerman had just let police handle it, and stayed in his car, none of this would have happened.
Don't you get tired of saying the same words over and over and over, even though you weren't there and don't have the vaguest idea?

Goodness, the blindness gets old.

But keep watching NBC and MSNBC. Keep thinking sweet trayvon was an innocent little angel.

Zimmerman will get his day in court, if it's not thrown out first, which it should be. And old Angela should be prosecuted for bringing about false charges and race baiting.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Don't you get tired of saying the same words over and over and over, even though you weren't there and don't have the vaguest idea?

Goodness, the blindness gets old.

But keep watching NBC and MSNBC. Keep thinking sweet trayvon was an innocent little angel.

Zimmerman will get his day in court, if it's not thrown out first, which it should be. And old Angela should be prosecuted for bringing about false charges and race baiting.
Yep and Martin will never get his day in court.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 AM

It is pieced together from a few accounts.

Here is the 911 transcript of Zimmerman's call: Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

I am quoting the following from here:

Quote:

But Zimmerman was sure the kid was up to “no good,” and he made a 911 call that stands as a tragic foreshadowing of what was to come.
“These a------- always get away,” he said at one point, an edge of exasperation in his tone. He ignored the police operator’s advice to stop following Martin, and on the tape he can clearly be heard hastening his pursuit. It turned out that the teen was merely returning to the home of his father’s girlfriend after a trip to a nearby store...
Because in the end, a young man carrying a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea laid dead in the grass, a young man who was being followed by a stranger and didn’t know why.
And from here:

Quote:
A responder at the crime scene told CBS News that he and others saw wounds on the knuckles of one of Martin's hands as he lay dead on this lawn. This suggests that Martin had thrown a punch.
Zimmerman told police he fired the shot at point blank range while on his back, as the 17-year-old straddled him. He also told investigators Martin did not die immediately but mumbled either "it's over" or "you got me."
State crime analysis of Martin's clothes includes gun powder residue which could indicate the distance between the men.
Meanwhile, special prosecutor Angela Corey's team collected evidence including two surveillance videos. One video was from the 7-11 where Martin bought Skittles and an ice tea while the other was from the clubhouse in the gated subdivision where Zimmerman shot him, according to CBS News.
The case also includes Zimmerman's medical report the day after the shooting, which listed a broken nose, two black eyes and a cut in the back of the head.
A source also told CBS News an unreleased police report noted Zimmerman's sweatshirt had "grass stains, and was wet on the back."
Details from Trayvon Martin's autopsy show the bullet entered the left side of his chest and shattered the ventricle, one of his heart's two large chambers, but the round did not leave his body.
From here:

Quote:
Attorney Benjamin Crump spoke after ABC News reported exclusively the existence of a phone call between Martin and his girlfriend, which detailed the last terrifying moments of Martin's life as he was pursued, accosted and shot dead by George Zimmerman...
ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life. Martin had been talking to his girlfriend all the way to the store where he bought Skittles and a tea. The phone was in his pocket and the earphone in his ear, Crump said.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."
Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.
"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."
The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.
Trayvon's phone logs, also obtained exclusively by ABC News, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on the scene. Crump said the girl's identity was being withheld because "her parents are gravely concerned about her health and her safety." Her parents asked that only an attorney be allowed to ask her questions.
There is more, but I'll have to post it later.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
How do you hear someone 'hastening his pursuit' on an audio tape? Wouldn't you need a video to tell that?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:42 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Zimmerman was 250lbs and 5'9, Martin was 6'3 and 150lbs, which makes him a weakling. In a street fight I'll pick a 250lbs beast over a 150lb weakling.
Zimmerman is 159 lbs, not 250..! Zimmerman is a very small man. Don't change the facts to suit yourself.
Now that the doctor's report is in, it's a slam dunk case, Zimmerman walks.. the guilty punk is no longer a problem...

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
It is pieced together from a few accounts.

Here is the 911 transcript of Zimmerman's call: Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

I am quoting the following from here:

And from here:

From here:

There is more, but I'll have to post it later.
No you won't. Those of us who have been following this issue have read all the above. There are about five closed threads and several open ones about the Martin shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Zimmerman is 159 lbs, not 250..! Zimmerman is a very small man. Don't change the facts to suit yourself.
Now that the doctor's report is in, it's a slam dunk case, Zimmerman walks.. the guilty punk is no longer a problem...
Zimmerman weighed in at the jail at 185#.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Agreed.

Hard to believe we are at a point in society where an HOA in Florida allows things like this to occur. I am glad I no longer live in an HOA which allows vigilante "security cops".

Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No you won't.
What is that supposed to mean? I said that there was more that I'd post later. Well, here is more.

From here:

[quote]
Here, according to [the Sentinal's] source, is the account that Zimmerman provided:
Zimmerman spotted Martin, called a nonemergency police number and began describing the teenager. While he was doing that, Martin came toward his vehicle and began to circle it.

Here is another summary by the New York Times: Here.

From here:

Quote:
A woman called 911 to report someone crying out for help in her gated Florida community in Sanford on Feb. 26. Moments later, Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot Trayvon during a confrontation.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies