Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
redistribution of taxpayer funds from one guv agency to another...you know, for the kids

Why not discipline the individual that did the dirty deed, instead of punishing the kids? That is Progressive thinking for you.... Throw a blanket and run from under it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why not discipline the individual that did the dirty deed, instead of punishing the kids? That is Progressive thinking for you.... Throw a blanket and run from under it.
Selling soda isnt a "dirty deed", the rules are that they can sell soda all day long, except lunch time.

The stupidity is that kids will of course simply buy soda during breakfast, and then drink it during lunch.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Lol...The Blaze...Not news, but Glen Becks right wing rag.
It's spelled Glenn, smart one. If you're going to bash someone, maybe you could at least spell their name right.
You and people like you have shown that when you can't debate the topic, you bash the source. Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If they broke the rules, why is it stupid to be fined for it?
It's not the fine that's stupid, it's the rule. Why would someone make such a stupid rule?

Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It's not the fine that's stupid, it's the rule. Why would someone make such a stupid rule?
How many seconds did you invest in thinking about that?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It's spelled Glenn, smart one. If you're going to bash someone, maybe you could at least spell their name right.
You and people like you have shown that when you can't debate the topic, you bash the source. Nice.

What is so stupid about. Soda is definitely bad for you. Look at the Obesity articles as to where we are heading. Most sodas have about 35 grams of sugar.
Look at Appalachia and the kids there. Mountain Dew is supposedly the favorite soda in that area. The kids ll have rotten teeth(poor) because i think they say it has more sugar than other soda. It's not one of the required food groups so why sell it to them. Start teaching proper diets at school because most won't get it anywhere else.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:03 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I've read about this incident on numerous sites, yet none of them mention the actual law that the school broke. They give the jist of it "turn off soda machines during lunch", but I'd like to read the actual law in place.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why didnt I address what?

My argument? I simply asked why you run around defending stupid rules like this..

They do exist, you dont know that but you ran around defending what you admit, you dont know about? I didnt get my panties in a know because thats not all you said, I asked you why you are defending something you dont even know exist, and something as stupid as this. Rather than answer, you go on babbling this type of bs..

You just defended it again above, and now saying you arent. Give it a break..
Go ahead and quote the law I apparently defended and you've been ******** about.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
This is complete insanity.........

"Absolutely no candy or soda machines are allowed in a cafeteria area. Principal Burton says inspectors determined that because students take their lunches into the hallway, the entire school is considered a cafeteria. “They can't fit in the cafeteria so they come out into the hallways, and because they come out into the hallways, it makes are entire a school a cafeteria; which means the pop machines and the candy machines we have cannot be on."

Inspectors also found soda being sold in the bookstore. That discovery led to thousands of dollars in fines. Burton says the money had to come out of the regular school budget. "The big loser is the student"

And candy that sticks to your teeth isn't healthy but other candy is? What kind of stupidity is this? You can buy a coke in the hall and bring it to lunch but not buy it in the lunchroom? What moron inspector even flagged anybody for this idiocy? Probably some democrat.

Then there is this.........

"There are also plans at Davis High to put soda and candy vending machines in a converted janitor’s closet, with a door, to comply with federal guidelines. "

So the evil kids who want to grab a coke and a tootsie roll now have to hide in a janitors closet from big brother. I'm shocked halloween hasn't been banned yet or throwing candy at parades by these fools.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is complete insanity.........

"Absolutely no candy or soda machines are allowed in a cafeteria area. Principal Burton says inspectors determined that because students take their lunches into the hallway, the entire school is considered a cafeteria. “They can't fit in the cafeteria so they come out into the hallways, and because they come out into the hallways, it makes are entire a school a cafeteria; which means the pop machines and the candy machines we have cannot be on."

Inspectors also found soda being sold in the bookstore. That discovery led to thousands of dollars in fines. Burton says the money had to come out of the regular school budget. "The big loser is the student"

And candy that sticks to your teeth isn't healthy but other candy is? What kind of stupidity is this? You can buy a coke in the hall and bring it to lunch but not buy it in the lunchroom? What moron inspector even flagged anybody for this idiocy? Probably some democrat.

Then there is this.........

"There are also plans at Davis High to put soda and candy vending machines in a converted janitor’s closet, with a door, to comply with federal guidelines. "

So the evil kids who want to grab a coke and a tootsie roll now have to hide in a janitors closet from big brother. I'm shocked halloween hasn't been banned yet or throwing candy at parades by these fools.
Any link to the law? Or, must you continue to rely on "mainstream media"?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:08 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Yup, I can see it now. Drug dealers switching to soda, Snickers and potato chips sold outside of the school gates from the trunk of their car. "Hey kid, lookin' for a little Mountain Dew and a pack of Twizzlers?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies