Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 04:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
You said that Adams was the Senior Elections Supervising Clerk. Adams describes his position in his affidavit, which I linked to. Adams does not name his title as Senior Elections Supervising Clerk. He does not state that he oversaw 45 employees. I could go on, but I trust you get the point.

Frankly, you seem to misunderstand a very basic point of argumentation: the party that asserts a fact has the burden of supporting it. You've provided no support for any of the five assertions that you made in the previous post.
“His title was senior elections clerk in 2008,” said Glen Takahashi, elections administrator for the city and county of Honolulu.
Adams oversaw a group of 50 to 60 employees and was responsible for verifying the identity of voters, especially absentee voters.

he also says:
Quote:
“I had direct access to the Social Security database, the national crime
computer, state driver’s license information, international passport
information, basically just about anything you can imagine to get someone’s
identity,” Adams explained. “I could look up what bank your home mortgage was
in. I was informed by my boss that we did not have a birth record [for Obama].”
He stressed, “In my professional opinion, [Obama] definitely was not born in Hawaii. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he was not born in Hawaii because there is no legal record of him being born there. If someone called and asked about it, I could not tell them that person was born in the state.”
Hawaiian elections clerk has eligibility ‘solution’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 04:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I wonder why the birthers havn't tried to challenge Hawaii's statehood. Even if they could - they would have to deal with it having been a U.S. territory prior to 1959 and a territorial NBC can still run for president.
An argument made by the ignorant back in 2008 was that Obama was born in HI but it wasn't yet a state. Every argument imaginable has been made, and some that are pretty un-imaginable by most defintions of the word. The birthers also tend to circle around this stuff and keep bringing up old arguments when their argument du jour has been thoroughly debunked.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
This pamphlet was reprinted several times until 2007 with no changes to his birth place. What does that tell you?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The night before this thread began, I was bored so I began searching for and reading old birther threads - hoping that another one would be started. The next day I logged in - and there was this one!

Who needs Leno when you can read birther threads!
that was helpful

Old 05-20-2012, 04:38 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This pamphlet was reprinted several times until 2007 with no changes to his birth place. What does that tell you?
Even when they updated O's profile for his book they still left the erroneous information intact. Was it left alone still when he was elected Senator?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
After four years of every single shred of Birther "evidence" turning out to be pure unadulterated codswallop, automatic dismissal is the only reasonable act of the neural normal.
Oh really? Baloney. The evidence that he was born in Kenya is overwhelming. Why can't he produce a U.S. birth certificate that is not a fake? Why would this pamphlet say he was Kenyan born? Why did Bill Ayers mother say that they were paying for the education of a "foreign student" (referring to Barack Obama)?

Old 05-20-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
That it has become a "birther thread" is a derailment. Birthers believe Obama was born in Kenya, and therefore not a citizen. The OP however accepts that Obama was born in Hawaii but years ago (possibly) claimed to have been born in Kenya.

The only birther of the original topic would be Obama.
Good point, Obama is the number one birther, and leaves chaos in his wake.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Don't be silly.

This is a serious and very important question to ask. Again, if the President is not a natural born US citizen, it is the GREATEST SCANDAL in US political history. This question NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED to put the matter at rest.

For both the left and the right, this question needs to be answered. I would think that Obama, if he is a naturalized US citizen, would be GLAD AND EAGER to put this matter to rest. It would make his political opponents look ridiculous. If, on the other hand, he is not a naturalized US citizen, it is the greatest political scandal in US history- both the left and right should want to know.

The truth will win. Let us discover the truth.
They don't want you to know the truth, that's why they deflect, dodge and ridicule at every opportunity.
Please don't say "naturalized", the genuine article, a Constitutional President, needs to be a "natural born citizen", not a naturalized citizen.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
It's too bad then everything in Adams' affidavit other than his name, former position and responsibilities are inadmissible hearsay.

Don't worry, anybody who still believes in birtherism at this point already looks ridiculous.
Unless they can bring in corroborative evidence, such as cohorts and his boss that called him stupid. That should be the time Hawaii is compelled to produce a hard copy of something that can be analyzed.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:22 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
“His title was senior elections clerk in 2008,” said Glen Takahashi, elections administrator for the city and county of Honolulu.
Adams oversaw a group of 50 to 60 employees and was responsible for verifying the identity of voters, especially absentee voters.
it's adam's claim, not takahashi's, that he oversaw 50-60 employees. this is how takahashi described the position:

"Takahashi explained that the "senior elections clerk" job that Adams held was a low-level data entry position dealing with voter registration and absentee ballots -- Adams was one of dozens of temporary employees who staffed the pre-election rush"

Right Now - Honolulu city clerk debunks new 'birther' theory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies